Single and home on a Fri night at home? come in..

alexlakeman

Ok, the word "dating" is in the title, so it belongs in this section :lmao: .

Who else is single and home alone on a Friday night? Hopefully I am not the only one around the globe :) ... I got my Vodka, my apple martini mix, and left over papa john's pizza from yesterday... watch out!!! LOL, hopefully I won't be doing any drunk texting, emailing, or posting, lol...

What's everyone drinking tonight?

BTW, I think it's not a good idea to be on a dating site on a Friday or Sat night, you want to atleast seem like you have a life :( . I just realized... nah, I'll make a new thread on "firsts", lol..

So let's here it... wait, it might still be day time where some of you are at, or it might be Saturday already ..

Cheers

Saturday morning here about to go to the gym. I'm single but not alone as I live with someone.

Last night, incidentally, had some drinks to celebrate the arrival of my purebred Persian kitten I bought from an interstate breeder.

Hah. I have spent many friday nights alone, and I still do as long as I'm in an LDR.

But most times I'm out with friends. Being home on friday nights isn't that bad. But If I'm home on a friday night, it means I have plans for the weekend, which I do.

Don't let being home on friday nights drag you down. I never have, I just play guitar and such, or maybe a game. Or just sit back and listen to music.

im single and home alone every night! its fri and want to go out but everybody has issues, a man, no $ or no babysitter!

not sure if i will be drinking b/c i just ate pizza and feel sick now!

i dont go out to try and hook up just to laugh at the crazy ppl and to let loose a little bit!

Not single, but I am alone...bleh. Stupid LDR. I just finished eating dinner and I'm streaming episodes of Law and Order: SVU on Netflix. I'll be doing that for the rest of the night. :laugh:

Last night, incidentally, had some drinks to celebrate the arrival of my purebred Persian kitten I bought from an interstate breeder.

Cute. I have three cats myself--while they were adorableness personified as kittens, there's something to be said for their somewhat more sedate middle age, as well. The brother kittens in particular were little terrors :laugh:.

slownumbers81

Haha, I like your post alexlakeman :-) It's a good reminder that even though sometimes we feel alone, we certainly aren't the only ones that feel this way! It's such a universal experience that we all go through.

I am single, home on a Friday night. Watching movies and drinking cider with my cat... I'm burning some pumpkin candles (love the fall), reading some loveshack, having a good time :-)

Single but not really alone, since my parents are always home. Just got back from the gym so I'm too tired to go out.

I personally don't consider it a stigma if I don't go out on weekends. In fact I got a lot of invitations to parties for Halloween, but I feel like turning them all down.

Love the thread idea.

It is 8 pm and I am already in bed. Have to be up at 5 am for the DC rally thing. I'm staying away from alcohol tonight so I can get some sleep, but hoping to do some drinking in DC on Saturday.

Probably I'll put some Psych in the queue. I'm watching the earlier seasons on Netflix. My roommate is taking a shower. He's got a date with his boyfriend later tonight- dinner and drinks. I feel sorry for him. His Friday is so boring compared to mine. :laugh:

Love the thread idea.

It is 8 pm and I am already in bed. Have to be up at 5 am for the DC rally thing. I'm staying away from alcohol tonight so I can get some sleep, but hoping to do some drinking in DC on Saturday.

Probably I'll put some Psych in the queue. I'm watching the earlier seasons on Netflix. My roommate is taking a shower. He's got a date with his boyfriend later tonight- dinner and drinks. I feel sorry for him. His Friday is so boring compared to mine. :laugh:

That's cool you have a gay roommate.

welikeincrowds

I have a work deadline I need to finish **** for. It's ****ing October 31. Halloween. God dammit.

It's ****ing with my social life. A friend of mine has his girlfriend visiting from another continent whom I must meet. I want to carve pumpkins with this girl I'm seeing (she already bought the pumpkin!), and I've felt like a bad date around her lately so I want to make sure she feels appreciated. I have two different parties to go to Sat and Sun, one of which the hostess specifically told me that she wanted me to come, and the other would be the opportunity to meet my friend's LDR girlfriend. AND I have to go into the city to pick up some **** for my costume, since I changed it last minute.

SO STRESSED RIGHT NOW. Going to be working tonight until I can't work any longer. At least I don't have a family to worry about.

• Author

Man, I am glad I was NOT the only one on this thread, lol... I just got off the phone , with a woman I just started talking from match, so we'll see... at least that killed about 2 hours of my Fri, had my left over pizza, and am on my third apple martini...

I actually feel like a kid after the call.., lol, no relationship material, but I am starting to think I should lead on the next woman so I can get laid :( ... my booty call / fwb and I split up in mid sept, so I haven't gotten laid in about 5 weeks :( ... this might be the lucky one, who I might not ditch after just the first date :( .. .fk...

I got 3-4 other women who've corresponded with me off the online dating sight, but of course being FRIDAY NIGHT, they haven't reached out to me tonight ... oh well.

Untouchable_Fire
I have a work deadline I need to finish **** for. It's ****ing October 31. Halloween. God dammit.

It's ****ing with my social life. A friend of mine has his girlfriend visiting from another continent whom I must meet. I want to carve pumpkins with this girl I'm seeing (she already bought the pumpkin!), and I've felt like a bad date around her lately so I want to make sure she feels appreciated. I have two different parties to go to Sat and Sun, one of which the hostess specifically told me that she wanted me to come, and the other would be the opportunity to meet my friend's LDR girlfriend. AND I have to go into the city to pick up some **** for my costume, since I changed it last minute.

SO STRESSED RIGHT NOW. Going to be working tonight until I can't work any longer. At least I don't have a family to worry about.

Freakin A Your in the same boat as me!

I'm putting together a price quote and presentation for a HUGE group on Monday. I have a huge party Sat and Sun... I'm just really lucky my GF is busy studying.

always_searching

I'm single and alone on a Friday night--really alone, as my roommates are gone for the weekend. I've also just made an ass out of myself today, so I'm three-for-three.

*sigh*

I think I'm going to go by some lemons and make some lemon drop shots with my 100 proof vodka, smoke a Marlboro red or two, and pizza sounds good...

Self-loathing and self-pity are in order, I think!

:laugh:

Home alone on Friday night as well. Even more ironic F-ing Netflix delivered Date Night today. Steve Carell fan, though I thought I'd moved that one waaayyy down my queue. Got to love life's little ironies...

Confusedalways

oh let me and my glass of white zinfandel join this party...

I just ordered a pizza... for myself :o

Looking like I'll catch up on some DVR'd shows tonight.

Home tonight because I have to work bright and early tomorrow. But then I get a 3 day weekend, yays!!

Wow, everybody is doing Netflix tonight!! o_O I started to watch the movie that was shipped to me today but I think it has a scratch on it because the XBox couldn't read it. :(

• Author

OK, the new online woman I am talking to sent me a pic after I asked to send a recent pic...but NOW the face is covered with the ...brb..

skydiveaddict
Ok, the word "dating" is in the title, so it belongs in this section :lmao: .

Who else is single and home alone on a Friday night? Hopefully I am not the only one around the globe :) ...

I am, big, surprise huh?

I am often at home on a Friday night as I work Saturdays. I have both my dogs cuddled up beside me on the couch with my lap top in front of me.

I took today off and spent a mint at the mall today:cool:.

Get out there.

Now.

Even if it's only for a little while.

I met my SO only because I needed dinner one evening, saw a flyer, and went to a bar for some free pizza.

Eh, I've been out there for 25 years. Personally, I need a break now and then. But I relate to your bar story. I met the love of my life at a bar in 1996. He was being set up on a blind date & I swooped in and stole him away for a game of pool. Led to the best 4 years of my dating life. But that was long time ago.

Glad you kept busy tonight Alex with IM, phone calls & picture swapping. I have sworn off dating & sex for the rest of the year so quiet times for me.