Crazy situation need support

MexicanBillBacker

MexicanBillBacker

This whole experience has shattered my heart and basically my trust in women. I seriously to this day don't know what the **** happened and it has been 2 months. How can I go back to dating is the question...

A little backstory...I had always been the popular kid in HS - lots of friends and never really had a problem with a girl...until I met this girl. I was always the sweet guy, even though my friends liked playing games and cheating on their girls I never played with a girl's feelings ever or cheated on anyone. So I was ending my 1st year of college and I realized I was falling for this girl I'd known for a couple of years...we had always had a vibe going on but we kind of let if subside. We kept in constant contact for 2 years talking every day except for a 2 month hiatus when she had a boyfriend.

When I realized I ****ed up, I told her how I felt and she broke up with her boyfriend. Things were great for a couple of months until she went to a beach with her family. When she came back she just broke off all contact with me without saying a thing. I was devastated but moved on, a couple of days passed and she called telling me that there was a problem...that she loved me but that she couldn't talk to me anymore. She promised that she would call and explain everything but she didn't.

A couple of days passed and she called the day before I left for South Padre Island. We worked things out she told me she didn't give a **** about the problem that she loved me...She also told me that when she started losing control over her feelings she'd leave as a defense mechanism.

I came back from SPI and things were great with her but what we had was clearly a secret. She'd call when there was no one in her house and stuff like that. After a week she broke off all contact with me again. I didn't give a **** and I resorted to alcohol again. I sent her some **** I bought for her in South Padre with some flowers and she called. I had had enough with the situation so I went to see her at her school...we had an awesome time together, but she told me that she was a bad person that she was only going to hurt me. She left for her class and I waited for her, that's when a buddy of mine approached me and told me that she was crying, that she was in the bathroom crying. So I drove back to my college...went to practice(I played football). I called her after practice, she didn't pick up and she sent me text to not call her again.

I respected that but 9 days passed and I went back to her school. The guards wouldn't let me see her. I ran to her told her that I loved her, she started crying. I left...dropped out of college and moved to San Luis. Its been 2 months.

Can someone tell me what the hell happened?

My sympathies...

To me it sounds like she's emotionally unstable. It's possible that she has abuse in her background. Something just seems off and I've seen some of this erratic behavior before.

I would strongly suggest disallowing any feelings for her and her situation from interfering with your education and/or career. This isn't your wife you're sacrificing for; it's some girl who won't even talk to you now, and for no good reason.

Maybe she'll figure it out. Maybe not. I know it seems manly and loving to be a rescuer. In the right circumstances it might be. IMO, this isn't the time.

• Author
MexicanBillBacker
My sympathies...

To me it sounds like she's emotionally unstable. It's possible that she has abuse in her background. Something just seems off and I've seen some of this erratic behavior before.

I would strongly suggest disallowing any feelings for her and her situation from interfering with your education and/or career. This isn't your wife you're sacrificing for; it's some girl who won't even talk to you now, and for no good reason.

Maybe she'll figure it out. Maybe not. I know it seems manly and loving to be a rescuer. In the right circumstances it might be. IMO, this isn't the time.

I know we're through...But I still don't know how to move on. I believe in God and destiny, and I really feel that someone ****ed me up there in the Establishment of Heaven. And I don't know why...

:(

Tell us about a major challenge or setback in your life, other than this relationship, which you've dealt with, accepted and moved forward from. As you do so, think about the process of how you did that. Visualize the steps.

I won't explain my process, but, when my dad died of cancer when I was in my early 20's, I dealt with the death of a loved one for the first time. I made a lot of mistakes. I also made some good choices. The road to acceptance was one of learning.

Accepting things as they are and being aware of what is healthy for you is one path to resolution. There are others. The only way to find out what works is to try :)

• Author
MexicanBillBacker
Tell us about a major challenge or setback in your life, other than this relationship, which you've dealt with, accepted and moved forward from. As you do so, think about the process of how you did that. Visualize the steps.

I won't explain my process, but, when my dad died of cancer when I was in my early 20's, I dealt with the death of a loved one for the first time. I made a lot of mistakes. I also made some good choices. The road to acceptance was one of learning.

Accepting things as they are and being aware of what is healthy for you is one path to resolution. There are others. The only way to find out what works is to try :)

Nothing really compares to this...That's why I really don't know what to do. I'm guessing I'll just drink and party and with time It will get better...I hope it does.