Do women like guys that are natural leaders?

classof2014

It seems like more and more women these days are going for guys that are strong in the arms but weak in the head. It seems like girls these days are turned off by guys that are what you would call alpha males or people that like to take charge. Im not saying they are controlling, but it seems like girls don't like these guys because they will be harder to manipulate. Do you agree with this?

utterer of lies
It seems like more and more women these days are going for guys that are strong in the arms but weak in the head. It seems like girls these days are turned off by guys that are what you would call alpha males or people that like to take charge. Im not saying they are controlling, but it seems like girls don't like these guys because they will be harder to manipulate. Do you agree with this?

If you think you are an alpha male but you have trouble finding women - newsflash: you're not.

:)

I don't see this trend at all. I think more women are attracted to men with high intellects and who are leaders. Also, a lot of geeks are considered sexy. But not everyone is going to be a leader and not everyone is going to be attracted to just that type. For me, smart men who know what they want and know how to lead truly get my attention. Men who are in control, opposed to controlling. They're pretty rare, though, if you ask me.

I guess what concerns me about your post is the automatic assumption that women are out to manipulate.

Feelin Frisky

I think you need to go back to class, frosh.

A man who's "weak in the head" is NOT a natural leader.

Very much agreed. "Strong in the head" is generally a more desirable male trait for desirable women (if that makes sense)...

Yes, Men as a whole are better decsion makers and leaders

Women are too emotional and not logical enough to lead and be the main decision maker in a relationship

Ask a women what she wants to eat and youll sit there an hour as she ponders aimlessly

Yes,Men as a whole are better decsion makers and leaders

Women are too emtional and not logical enough to lead and be the main decision maker in a relationship

Ask a women what she wants to eat and youll sit there an hour as she ponders aimlessly

Yes... just as that was a 'logical' statement rather than an 'emotional' one...

Yes... just as that was a 'logical' statement rather than an 'emotional' one...

It was logical,why do you think women want Men to lead?

Because were better at it

Unless you want to tell me its just laziness

It was logical,why do you think women want Men to lead?

Because were better at it

Unless you want to tell me its just laziness

Remember that conversation in that other thread where we were talking about how much it turns a woman on when her man is more dominant, because then she feels like her man's delicate flower for whom he'll protect and provide? Yeah. It's that. Not because a woman CAN'T take care of herself, but because it makes her feel secure and cherished when she feels that she doesn't HAVE to.

A LS lady who was married to a successful and wealthy business owner said he was 'strong' in the business but 'weak' at home, which I took to mean weak emotionally, in the relationship. Any relevance here? Perhaps 'strength' is situational. If I understood her correctly, she liked that dynamic because she was the 'stronger' personality at home. I'm unclear on the health of all of that but hey whatever works (or not, in their case).

IME, I've only met a very few 'natural leaders' who weren't very charismatic with the ladies. By that I mean men who run businesses, work in politics, manage charities and similar, managing or leading large groups of people.

Also, IME, one will find very few straight males who are immune to the 'influence' of female allure and affection. Some are more resistant than others to manipulation, but the potential is nearly always there. It just takes a woman with the right 'skills'. ;)

Remember that conversation in that other thread where we were talking about how much it turns a woman on when her man is more dominant, because then she feels like her man's delicate flower for whom he'll protect and provide? Yeah. It's that. Not because a woman CAN'T take care of herself, but because it makes her feel secure and cherished when she feels that she doesn't HAVE to.

So its laziness

There are some women who want to be lead around and be submissive. If both partners are happy with that more power to them but it is not for me and these kind of women tend to make everything a big test. Most healthy women though don't want to be a man's mother anymore than I want to be a woman's father. The best relationships are equal ones between two healthy adults.

So its laziness

You're either jerking my chain or you don't actually KNOW any women...

A women who leans towards more traditional gender dynamics in a relationship will generally expend a lot of energy in caring for the emotional needs of her man. She might help him out around the house or support his work in some way - just because she doesn't want to shove him around like a drill sergeant does NOT mean she's lazy. Are you actually attracted to WOMEN, or rather men with a particular set of genitalia?

There are some women who want to be lead around and be submissive. If both partners are happy with that more power to them but it is not for me and these kind of women tend to make everything a big test. Most healthy women though don't want to be a man's mother anymore than I want to be a woman's father. The best relationships are equal ones between two healthy adults.

Amen!!

I want a partner and an adult not a girl who has daddy issues..

Women watched too many farytale movies as a child thinking theyre gonna get swept off their feet and have to do nothing

You're either jerking my chain or you don't actually KNOW any women...

A women who leans towards more traditional gender dynamics in a relationship will generally expend a lot of energy in caring for the emotional needs of her man. She might help him out around the house or support his work in some way - just because she doesn't want to shove him around like a drill sergeant does NOT mean she's lazy. Are you actually attracted to WOMEN, or rather men with a particular set of genitalia?

Isnt there something in between a drill sergeant and totally submissive to where she wants the Man to make every decison in her life and in the relationship?

Isnt there something in between a drill sergeant and totally submissive to where she wants the Man to make every decison in her life and in the relationship?

Oh yes, definitely. Just as there's something between being a spineless 'nice guy' and an abusive jerk in the male population.

Many of these submissive are sort of like drill sergeants anyway. They shout from the rooftops about how strong and independent they are while secretly yearning for a man to lead them. What most men want is real equality in a relationship.

Oh yes, definitely. Just as there's something between being a spineless 'nice guy' and an abusive jerk in the male population.

So what would a spineless nice guy be?

Somebody who makes your life harder by asking you what you want to do instead of telling you?

Many of these submissive are sort of like drill sergeants anyway. They shout from the rooftops about how strong and independent they are while secretly yearning for a man to lead them. What most men want is real equality in a relationship.

I think you've just dug up one of your other posts and just decided to switch "women" for submissives" merely to somewhat match the theme... o.O

I've noticed that people, both male and female, who scream about how they're so strong and independent generally have been hurt pretty badly by someone they let their guard down for. It's not who they really are, and if they ever heal to the point that they're comfortable with themselves they'll stop the charade.

GorillaTheater
So what would a spineless nice guy be?

Somebody who makes your life harder by asking you what you want to do instead of telling you?

More like somebody who wants to make his SO happy and keep her happy, at the expense of his own wants and needs. Someone who will go to great lengths to avoid conflict but when conflict comes is usually over-the-top angry because he never learned to constructively deal with anger. Because he spends alot of time repressing it.

I think you've just dug up one of your other posts and just decided to switch "women" for submissives" merely to somewhat match the theme... o.O

I've noticed that people, both male and female, who scream about how they're so strong and independent generally have been hurt pretty badly by someone they let their guard down for. It's not who they really are, and if they ever heal to the point that they're comfortable with themselves they'll stop the charade.

I am not saying all women because if I really think about it good and emotionally healthy women do exist but many ballbusters seem to have domination fantasies.

What strikes me amusing is how much some of you guys have in common with the 'feminists.' I'm using quotes here because I'm not referring to ACTUAL feminists, of which I am one, but the stereotypes and how they're commonly perceived by folks on this board.

The idea of looking how you want to look and acting how you want to act, free from society's constriction of gender roles is a fine ideal. A woman can gain 90 pounds, chop off her hair, and be an effective office nazi just as much as a man can - true! A guy can be passive, feel no desire to make anything of himself, and clothe himself as he sees fit - he's still a good person, absolutely! Free to be you and me, BUT IT'S NOT GONNA GET ANYONE LAID.

Folks can have a problem with it all they want, but you can't change the world to match how you think it ought to be.

I know women like that who have great romantic lives. The other day I saw a couple holding hands that looked genuinely in love and the woman would have been bald if her hair had been any shorter. I do think that on an average men are much more willing to embrace women who go outside normal gender roles than women are men who do so.

I know women like that who have great romantic lives. The other day I saw a couple holding hands that looked genuinely in love and the woman would have been bald if her hair had been any shorter. I do think that on an average men are much more willing to embrace women who go outside normal gender roles than women are men who do so.

Awesome. I personally admire people who are independently-minded enough to fly in the face of convention. I'm just saying that if you do so you're narrowing your pool of potentials, and maybe that's good - a better chance of finding someone who is actually compatible - but what you absolutely cannot do is sit around and rant about how the entire world sucks for not being open minded enough to accept you as you are.