I'm going round and round and round and r.......

kickintheaz

ugh, I'm more just venting here I think... I am just so sick and so bloody tired of this dating thing... yet again, yet again, I clicked with someone to the point I could go and have a fantastic 3rd date, dinner and movies, kissing, hand holding etc etc... after the movies went for more non alco drinks (both driving) and had a blast.... that was sunday a week ago.. she went into a week of nights with her job, monday and tuesday afternoon she initiated chatter for hours whilst she lay in bed and I was in work (yes Kick I deffo wanna see you again)... I invested a lot of time in this one yes.. wed, a short amount of contact, thursday, none.. friday night, I was up late watching movies at home and dropped her a line, she responded,

we had previously discussed grabbing lunch at the weekend as she'd be less tired during the day by that stage and so the last txt friday night was from me asking if she still fancied lunch to lemme know...

I have not heard a dickybird since...

so, bad manners, flakiness, ignorance, call it what you will, but I am just sick of it now... I just seem to find girl after girl who I can get on well with, goto 2nd/3rd date and then pffifff... gone... and yes I do question if its me, and no I can't figure out where or at what point I 'lose'.... if I could put my dam finger on that particular nugget I wouldn't be in this mindset...

When they said you needed to weed out the bad uns before ya find the right one I didn't think I'd have to go through the whole bloody lot of em on the planet..

I need a break from it all... :sick:

and I need to go buy a new Tin of Fruit (suit) for the Michael Buble gig I am going to at the weekend with my friend and HER date.... perhaps something in a nice shade of gooseberry should set the right tone... that'll get the 50000 odd single ladies hearts a fluttering.. but then again, of the last 17 dates I met I think 15 of em are going so knowing my luck I'll bump into every single one of em....

I hate mondays... and now dating... again...

I feel the same way about dating guys...great few dates and then don't hear from them...WTF. I am not talking about after 1st or even 2nd dates. I am talking about 4th to 5th dates. I would at least appreciate a "I am not that into you phone call". But for some unknown reason I haven't given up and moved to a convent yet :).

I completely agree though, there is a problem today with people having bad manners, being flaky, ignorant and finding it's easier to just never get back to a person they are not interested in anymore because...g*d forbid they may be uncomfortable for a 30 seconds when they have to let the other person know that they are not into them.

Yes it is irritating as all get out too.

• Author

PHEW.. thanks Cd..

what a sh**ty boat to be floating in eh???

ah well, one more week subscribed to match and thats it.. (and yes, I find the same behaviour whether we meet in person or online or via smoke signals)...

would the nice young lady who actually means what she says please stand up???? :rolleyes:

I think my record with online dating is 8 dates. I count dates as if it's a contest to see who will last longest. Usually, the fade happens between 3rd and 4th date.

I disabled my OKC profile after I had what I thought was a disaster of a 1st date. Turned out he's still interested. If it fails, I'm not going online for awhile. But I admit, it has been my best avenue for dating. I think I've disabled/re-enabled my OKC profile three times already.

I was on Match awhile back & stupidly got the 6 month subscription. By month 5, I hated Match and cancelled my subscription early. I wrote Match an angry note. Yeah, like that never happened. I'm sure Match wept for me. :rolleyes:

I think it's not the big rejections that killed me, it was the dates that were meh that drove me crazy. Also, I hated when the date went amazing & I never got a call back.

I think my record with online dating is 8 dates. I count dates as if it's a contest to see who will last longest. Usually, the fade happens between 3rd and 4th date.

I disabled my OKC profile after I had what I thought was a disaster of a 1st date. Turned out he's still interested. If it fails, I'm not going online for awhile. But I admit, it has been my best avenue for dating. I think I've disabled/re-enabled my OKC profile three times already.

I was on Match awhile back & stupidly got the 6 month subscription. By month 5, I hated Match and cancelled my subscription early. I wrote Match an angry note. Yeah, like that never happened. I'm sure Match wept for me. :rolleyes:

I think it's not the big rejections that killed me, it was the dates that were meh that drove me crazy. Also, I hated when the date went amazing & I never got a call back.

I agree, the meh dates drive you crazy... and theres lots of them!

I've started to look at it from the opinion of "meeting people".. thats it... not dating, just meeting new people. I don't expect anything from my date, I don't even ever expect to like them when I meet them.

As for the trailing off after a couple of dates, I think thats standard internet dating procedure.... theres a lot of people out there just hooking up for something to do I think. They like the look and sound of you for a few dates only but then after that, it comes to the "crunch"..... do they start a bit more of a relationship or not?.... In most cases not.

It does get a bit boring after a while... I find myself "dipping" in and out of the internet dating scene rather than going for it.