i think i like my professor...

IV424

So I have a professor which my intuitive senses have always told me that there's something between us... I know this sounds stupid, but I've learned to trust my gut. I know this really doesn't mean anything. Anyways, I saw him before school started by school and we took a walk around the block and I lost like 15 lbs and he told me I looked really good at the end of our conversation.. then a couple days later I was upset by something about my major (I don't really want to go into it), and I asked him directly, why did this happen? And he gave me some bull**** administrative answer and I didn't want to push it so I didn't and he just gave me a hug. When he was answering me, he used this analogy with beautiful girls, that because they're so beautiful, other girls are going to say **** about them lol. And he told me, that I'm a powerful, influential, beautiful person. Which was ****ing weird... but I guess I liked it hehehe. A day later, I was smoking outside of school at night and I was on the phone, and we ran into each other again, and he just gave me a hug, like a long one.. and kissed me on my head. He just told me to quit smoking and to take care of myself. I was really surprised, but I mean, he could have just done it because he knows that I work very hard on my major and that its mentally and physically rough and he was just trying to be supportive. BUT, its still like, I think I like him. God, I just feel retarded, because he's like 50. But its like he would be the person I would want a relationship with since he's mature, really understands the mental struggles that come with my major (like I can discuss it with him, while a normal guy most likely wouldn't really understand) and he's kind to me; but he's soooo not the person I would want to be with because first off it would just be impossible and he's a sneaky bastard in terms of all the political bull**** that goes on in my department lol. But I can't let go of the feeling of when he gave me the hug and kiss. No one's ever done that for me, or told me I'm beautiful. What should I do??? I dunno how I should feel about him. It makes me wonder why he's so nice to me. Maybe because I lost some weight.. maybe because I'm good at what I do.. But this year feels different than the past 2 years I've known him. Its like, this heavy feeling in my chest and I just want to get rid of it!!!!

DontWorryBHappy

Honestly he sounds creepy... and if a professor did much more than give me "long hugs" and forehead kisses, I'd have to report him. But that's just me..

Honestly he sounds creepy... and if a professor did much more than give me "long hugs" and forehead kisses, I'd have to report him.

... unless he was really cute. I kid! I kid!

(... not really.)

Seriously - you feel drama and angst NOW, don't add to it.

Speaking as faculty, don't go there. He might lose his job if he engages in this further, he's already crossing lines. If this is 'it', you can both hang on until you've graduated. If it isn't 'it', there are plenty of other fish in the sea. The way you talk about him it sounds like you're just a bit flattered by the attention, but not really seriously into him?

I can't let go of the feeling of when he gave me the hug and kiss. No one's ever done that for me, or told me I'm beautiful.

There's a powerful psychological effect that makes us like people who show they like us. It's basic human nature, and we have a hard time fighting it. Add the fact that no one has ever flattered you in that sense, and you got the best ego boosting crush hitting you like a bus.

It's not that complicated. He makes you feel good about yourself. You're loving that feeling; not necessarily him on a personal level.

Honestly, he does sound a bit creepy and I personally wouldn't flirt with boundaries because I don't think you wanna go there. He's 50 anyway, it's not like there's a future ahead. In 10 years he'll be retired ... you'll still be at the beginning of your life.

And this is actually coming from someone who's dating her ex teacher lol There are limits even I wouldn't cross.

ConflictedGuy27

all this guessing stuff...? really?

he wants to get into your pants, obviously.

I think you're incorrect when you assume none of your peers understand your experience.