19 year old girl too young for a 27 year old guy?

newguyhere

I met a girl recently that has all the values & likes that I have and we get along really well. The only problem is I am afraid I may be too old for her (or she is too young for me ha ha). I am not sure what to do here. I know it wouldnt be a big deal if she was 27 and I was 35, but 19 seems so young to me. Any thoughts? Eight years too much at our age?

You're both adults. You may run into some problems that have to do with the age disparity but just remember she is young, and her heart is delicate, and you may have to be a bit more understanding than usual. Who knows, that might be good for you.

I met a girl recently that has all the values & likes that I have and we get along really well. The only problem is I am afraid I may be too old for her (or she is too young for me ha ha). I am not sure what to do here. I know it wouldnt be a big deal if she was 27 and I was 35, but 19 seems so young to me. Any thoughts? Eight years too much at our age?

I don't know if I would date someone young enough to be an undergrad when I am 27 but I def don't see anything immoral about it.

There's nothing bad about it, but if you have to ask...you're not comfortable enough with it to do anything about it. IMO, if you really liked her the only thing you'd be concerned with was that she was legal, and to hell with everything else. You're focused way too much on the age difference despite your saying that you two get along really well, you have things in common, etc.

Why is it creepy?

The Creeper Equation:

(Age/2) + 7 = 20.5

Anything below the result of the equation is creeper status. I'm not judging him, it's just science.

The Creeper Equation:

(Age/2) + 7 = 20.5

Anything below the result of the equation is creeper status. I'm not judging him, it's just science.

Science? Based on what criteria? You do realize that in the greater part of human history men most often wed girls less than half their age. So where's the science?

Science? Based on what criteria? You do realize that in the greater part of human history men most often wed girls less than half their age. So where's the science?

And most of those women were wed against their will. Those are called the ultimate creepers.

welikeincrowds

He's being facetious, bro. You're trolling yourself.

OP, one of my good friends married a 30-something in her young 20s. You are likely to face some challenges, but so will every relationship.

And most of those women were wed against their will. Those are called the ultimate creepers.

Really? Against their will? You know this for a fact? Maybe some, maybe some not. Even if true, it still does not answer the question. On what scientific basis is the so-called creeper scale based?

Oh you mean patriarchal societies where a girl is placed into an arranged as soon as they hit puberty? Real nice. :rolleyes:

The Creeper Equation:

(Age/2) + 7 = 20.5

Lol. Meh I personally thing this is dumb. Cool rule but dumb.

Whatever. It's legal and if she's cool go for it.

Oh you mean patriarchal societies where a girl is placed into an arranged as soon as they hit puberty? Real nice. :rolleyes:

We are arguing scientific fact, not social preferences. The man said it was scientific fact that if a man aged 27 dates a woman under age 20.5, he has violated some sort of norm and can be catagorized as a "creep." I want to know how this is derived. He gave an equation based on what? Opinion? That ain't science.

We are arguing scientific fact, not social preferences. The man said it was scientific fact that if a man aged 27 dates a woman under age 20.5, he has violated some sort of norm and can be catagorized as a "creep." I want to know how this is derived. He gave an equation based on what? Opinion? That ain't science.

There is also another way to determine it.

If you have to ask (especially with respect to the validity of the equation) then 99.9% of the time you are a creeper.

There is also another way to determine it.

If you have to ask (especially with respect to the validity of the equation) then 99.9% of the time you are a creeper.

:lmao: Okay, I give.

My honest opinion? I think it's kinda gross, but I'd try not to be judgmental about it if I knew you in person. And true, you're both of age...

SincereOnlineGuy
The Creeper Equation:

(Age/2) + 7 = 20.5

Bob, you have no clue.

That "equation" relates to the average age given by men when responding to the question:

"What age in a mate would be ideal for you?"

So if in the case of a 27yo guy, "average" is 20.5, then 19 is both legal and veeeeeeery near to average.

And the answer has very little to do with science, and quite a lot to do with math. As "half his own age plus 7 years" is a math equation relating only to male age preferences.

Bob, you have no clue.

That "equation" relates to the average age given by men when responding to the question: .

I thought the 'creeper equation' was common knowledge. (http://xkcd.com/314/) I've never heard of your version as it being a number to aim towards...

Ick.

Bob, you have no clue.

That "equation" relates to the average age given by men when responding to the question:

"What age in a mate would be ideal for you?"

So if in the case of a 27yo guy, "average" is 20.5, then 19 is both legal and veeeeeeery near to average.

And the answer has very little to do with science, and quite a lot to do with math. As "half his own age plus 7 years" is a math equation relating only to male age preferences.

All I hear is: "Wanna have few Smirnoff's in the back of my van?"