Did not date anyone in high school or get love in high school?

Labster12

Or before high school. Like my friend often gets made fun of, he doesn't look bad but often people ask him if he is on the down low or getting ready to come out of the closet or something. He is an 18 year old guy who has never had a girlfriend before in his whole life. I ask him why he is like that and he says that he wants to wait till he moves out of the town he is in right now and then he will start dating.

The town I live in has high teen pregnancy rates, high STD rates and in general a lot of girls in his high school had gang connections. Basically, he was a surburban White boy trapped in a mostly Black high school, got along with people, danced with some girls but never dated any girl before.

He tells me he plans on transferring to a university up North and during his grad school years and maybe his college years, he will start dating more and more. Now the high school he went to did not have many good looking girls at all, I can say that from experience and actually going there.

Now in your view, is it odd for someone to not have a girlfriend at all in their life even if they are 18?

I started dating when I was 18, and it had nothing to do with my Asian culture ;). I consider myself a late bloomer, I was interested in boys when I was like 14, but I never really bothered with them until after high school.

It's not weird to date late. I think if your friend puts an effort into school right now, getting into a better college later on would push him into a direction to actually more more likeminded people.

Why get tied down by someone now when you can get tied down later on? The important thing is to live in the moment and grab the opportunities that befit a teenager (getting a good gpa and getting into a good college).

First date at 23. First kiss at 23. First sex at 25. First relationship at 25. I'm 26. I turned out ok.

It's not weird, some start dating earlier, some start dating later...what's the big deal...?

18? I don't think so. That's still young. I'm 20, have asked out a few girls, but been rejected each time. Still working on the first date, kiss, sex, relationship, etc. but I still have a couple more years as an undergrad. Would I like to have some of that stuff under my belt already? Sure. But I'm not too worried yet.

Cracker Jack

I don't think it's weird. Some people simply experience it in their teens, while others, well, just don't.

My first (And only) experience with love was when I was 19 going on 20, which was a few yrs ago.

Feelin Frisky

I was popular in HS days and had lots of female attention. Then in the last half of the senior year my family moved us out to the Long Island burbs. It was a total killer to my social life. I didn't develop any identity in that lousy last half year--I was lone hippie in a sea of jocks. Nobody wanted to know from Captain Beefheart or Larry Coryell--least much the co-ed jocktresses.

• Author

The funny part about it is that girls I have talked to find him to be attractive but he is just not going out there and asking girls out. He said he has "priorities" and he has a lifetime to pick up girls, right now he has to do things.

I mean I can't blame the man. Another friend of mines is a little overweight, doesn't have six packs, can be funny at times, had opportunities in high school to hook up with girls but he is picky about race. We live in a mostly Black and White area, he is a Middle Eastern guy and he likes Middle Eastern, Asian, Indian and Latin girls, so he is working on getting his GPA up in college (community college) and transferring to a large university.

• Author
No one would look at me in high school and about 20 years later still nothing but first date rejections.

Ouch!

For me no one would look at me in middle school, got with three girls in high school and now I am in a relationship with a girl in college.

Ouch!

For me no one would look at me in middle school, got with three girls in high school and now I am in a relationship with a girl in college.

Labster you really come off as judgmental with this "friend" you keep posting about.

I didn't get my first kiss until the summer I had graduated college I was 22 years old.

Saying something like "no one would look at me in middle school" makes me laugh... to me its no different then if you had said "no on would look at me in elementary shool."

Its no big deal. I think the best thing you can do for your friend is just be posotive and tell him just to have fun and not put any pressure on him. I really don't understand why you think about it so much.

You can say that again.

I'm desperate for love and I think it's silly that people judge me negatively because of this. :rolleyes:

I don't think it is rare at 18. At 25 or so it is rare. It my age, it's almost unhead of.

I've never judged you negativley. I do believe you are negative in your attitude. I also believe you don't TRY. You just feel sorry for yourself with out trying.

Take a look at this thread. Some people judge those at 18 negatively. It's far worse at 25. It's worse still at 30. What do you think it's like in the late 30s?

Most women don't want to be bothered in public and most are in relationships or married anyway. The only bites I've had are from online dating. One date and goodbye. Several women got upset when I dared call more than once so now it's only one call. If I'm persistent, I'll be labeled a stalker and there's few things worse than that.

women call guys a stalker for no reason all the time. Who really cares if some random chick labels you a stalker. Just say "Hey don't flatter yourself I'm not stalking you" then never speak to her again if that happens.

Stop being so afraid. No one is judging you the way you think you are being judged.

be yourself. Have FUN on a date. Think about how fun its going to be to touch the girl and kiss her. Stop being stressed out and SCARED of the process. You don't have to date. Just have fun.

Have you ever traveled to europe or any other parts of the world?

Labster you really come off as judgmental with this "friend" you keep posting about.

I didn't get my first kiss until the summer I had graduated college I was 22 years old.

Its no big deal. I think the best thing you can do for your friend is just be posotive and tell him just to have fun and not put any pressure on him. I really don't understand why you think about it so much.

I agree. Well said.

• Author

I mean I am not the only one who is worried for him or anything, many people are overly judgmental of him not having a girlfriend and I just find it a bit sad. Like everyone believes high school is THAT time to have a girlfriend.

I mean I am not the only one who is worried for him or anything, many people are overly judgmental of him not having a girlfriend and I just find it a bit sad. Like everyone in high school believes high school is THAT time to have a girlfriend.

I corrected your post for you...

• Author

No, people who have finished high school believe it as well, at least the ones I have talked to.

No, people who have finished high school believe it as well, at least the ones I have talked to.

Because they still wish they were still in high school...or have the emotional maturity of a high schooler...

• Author

True.

I mean I hear so many stories about high school "losers", aka the virgin kids who were picked on ending up having a chip on their shoulder and getting with many girls. On the other hand I hear so much about high school pimps who end up as bums because they didn't care about grades or anything and as a result ended up being broke in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

also

could this have to do with some people being picky and not just going with anybody rather than the person not being able to get a date?

• Author

labster can actually spell stupid

and he is not some stalker creep that goes around trying to get in elementary level insults, mess with people on the single digit IQ level, you can't really handle the triple digit ones

GH Smith? What is that some inbred trailer park trash name or something? Boy get back to screwing your sister!

slgebrian stupud

What's this??? A name snippet? Don't you know that's a good way to get molested, posting your name all over the internet like you just did? Do you WANT to get molested? GEEZ.