Should I reach out?

museumchick

I dated a guy back in 2008. He lived in another state and traveled here on business. We only went out 3 times and that was it.

He emailed me a year and a half later to tell me he was moving to my city and hadn't forgotten about me. We met for a drink. The chemistry was unreal. The drink led to dinner and another drink. We went on a few dates and I was blown away by what he remembered from when we first dated---things I couldn't believe I told him.

We went out for about a month before he decided that he "wanted to keep it casual" so he could "get a social circle together before he thinks of his romatic life." I agreed that we could be casual even though I was crushed. I never heard from him again. That was a year ago.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago... I saw him on the train. He saw me get on--I walked past him and I didn't realize until I sat 2 rows back that it was him.

He was rubbing his temples and shaking his head. So I got up and

walked over. He chuckled and I said "anyone sitting here? as I sat

down next to him.

He thanked me for coming over (I guess he was feeling guilty and

wouldn't have approached me?), looked at me "that way" and complimented me on my hair, etc. He put his leg against mine for the duration of the ride. We made small talk until his stop and he thanked me again for coming over. He was like"no-really. Thank you for coming over."

Now I can't stop thinking about him. Dreaming about him. I would love to be with him. I know he's single--he's checked out my profile on an online dating site we're both on--and I am dying to reach out, but I feel like I opened the door for him by approaching him and it's his turn.

Should I reach out?

What is your your age range (both of you)?

Gosh I don't know. Does he have a way to contact you now if he wants?

If so, I would hold off. But let's see what some guys in his age range say.