Expectations of the good looking

Gallaxia

What are your expectations of hot men and women? What do you assume or expect of their personality? Do you expect them to be a d#%^ ? Or a b#%}* ? Or otherwise?

I say: no expectations, no disappointments.

These are golden words to live by. Last time I heard them was from a Dr. John Becker from Becker...

MyNameIsJane

I don't really expect them to be a d0u(he. I have no expectations. I guess it's because I don't find the overly tan, too much hair gel and ed hardy wearing to be attractive. But I do associate that image with douchery - and I guess many people associate it with attractiveness... which may be why some people expect attractive people to be jerks.

This question also kind of stems back to a previous thread of what is hot vs pretty. They are both attractive - but many people associate hot people with being b!tchy or dumb.

I usually have no expectations, and usually it turns out better that way :)

TouchedByViolet

I assume good looking people have a lot more options dating wise and obviously get flirted with much more than someone average or below.

Personality wise the person could be really nice or a complete d-bag, no way to generalize.

Untouchable_Fire
What are your expectations of hot men and women? What do you assume or expect of their personality? Do you expect them to be a d#%^ ? Or a b#%}* ? Or otherwise?

That is a very good question!

I have always had high expectations for myself. I expect to be very charming at times and occasionally witty. Oh.. and sometimes I expect to get away with acting like a jerk. :laugh:

I'm ok looking, on a good day I fall somewhere in the range of hot.

I have always thought that men expected me to be a lot smarter than I really am.

They also seem to insist to themselves that I am mysterious in someway. Like there are things I'm not telling. Or something.

Its flattering but really what you see is what you get. When I tell you I'm not thinking about anything. I'm not. Nothing.

GoodOnPaper
I assume good looking people have a lot more options dating wise and obviously get flirted with much more than someone average or below.

I agree. I can only imagine living a life where attraction and sex can be taken for granted . . .

Crazy Magnet

I don't think looks and personality are in any way correlated. One of my LTRs was with a guy who women constantly stopped and asked if he was the guy on the Abercrombie bag and he was sweet as can be. My exH was the least attractive of any man I have ever been with and he was the biggest &&^^%$#!@(&% in the world.

Feelin Frisky

No one is hot until they prove it. Beautiful persons can be duds and make love like spuds.

I find that because most people are intimidated by someone they perceive as good looking the beautiful do not get asked out all that much more than someone average. I know so many stunning women that can’t get a guy to talk to them if their life depended on it. Actually the pretty girls usually get approached by losers who feel they might as well try because they have nothing left to lose.

GoodOnPaper
I find that because most people are intimidated by someone they perceive as good looking the beautiful do not get asked out all that much more than someone average. I know so many stunning women that can’t get a guy to talk to them if their life depended on it.

I've never been able to wrap my head around this idea even though there is a kind of logic to it. I guess one expectation or assumption I have about very attractive women is that at any given time, they are dating or otherwise getting attention from multiple guys. While I wish I had been able to attract women that I felt more physical attraction toward, I don't like the idea of constantly having to deal with competition.

Edited by GoodOnPaper
I've never been able to wrap my head around this idea even though there is a kind of logic to it. I guess one expectation or assumption I have about very attractive women is that at any given time, they are dating or otherwise getting attention from multiple guys. While I wish I had been able to attract women that I felt more physical attraction toward, I don't like the idea of constantly having to deal with competition.

There's usually a lot of competition no matter what women you are on a date with. Some women remind me of this on first dates by telling me how easy it is for them to get dates. I don't understand this and puts a lot of stress on me when I start think about all the men I'm competing against.

Edited by gamma1
  • Author
There's usually a lot of competition no matter what women you are on a date with. Some women remind me of this on first dates by telling me how easy it is for them to get dates. I don't understand this and puts a lot of stress on me when I start think about all the men I'm competing against.

Whoa! That's not classy. I can't believe you've had a girl say that. On a date, no less. Next time, tell her "Oh?! *smile* well then, don't let me hold you back...!" ....completely changes the dynamic. ;)

What are your expectations of hot men and women? What do you assume or expect of their personality?

most of them are dumb

Whoa! That's not classy. I can't believe you've had a girl say that. On a date, no less. Next time, tell her "Oh?! *smile* well then, don't let me hold you back...!" ....completely changes the dynamic. ;)

That's just how the numbers are. They will just say things like they have two dates in one day or have dated a large people from the site. I don't really know why they mention it but I feel intimidated knowing how my next date will probably be months away. I try to steer the conversation away from this or exes, but I usually do a poor job of it.

It they said it in a more arrogant tone, it would be easier to reply like you suggested.

None of the women would be classified as "hot". They are more or less average I suppose.

Edited by gamma1

To the original question: All good-looking people don't even know they're good-looking. I can't make any generalizations. No expectations seems about right.

That's just how the numbers are. They will just say things like they have two dates in one day or have dated a large people from the site. I don't really know why they mention it but I feel intimidated knowing how my next date will probably be months away. I try to steer the conversation away from this or exes, but I usually do a poor job of it.

I think online dating can be awkward in that way. I try to steer the conversation away from that stuff too, but a lot of fellows are constantly saying things about how the site shows me as red (replying very selectively) etc, or bringing up the awkwardness, as though they've never met anyone off the internet, etc.

Anyone who has two dates in one day is lame. Anyone who comes out and says that? Even more lame. I'm not saying I get all crazy-exclusive at first, but I can manage to date only one person a day and would find it rude to do otherwise. It's not cold-calling.

I don't think looks and personality are in any way correlated. One of my LTRs was with a guy who women constantly stopped and asked if he was the guy on the Abercrombie bag and he was sweet as can be. My exH was the least attractive of any man I have ever been with and he was the biggest &&^^%$#!@(&% in the world.

Doesn't sound like you're at all bitter? :cool::D:lmao:

gypsy_nicky

from experience the extremely good looking ones (8.5-10's) are a mixed bag in terms of personality. But most have nice personalities.

Its the middle group (6, 7's to 7.5's) usually who are more douchebags (men) and man eaters (women).

I also keep in mind that the attractive get approached quite often which is why they seem rude/stuck up because they have to do a lot of rejecting. And most of the rejected are not very nice personality wise either.

threebyfate

I have no expectations of good-looking people. They can and will define themselves through their words and actions.

But I do find it curious, how more humbleness or humility is expected of good-looking people, rather than ones who are average to below average.

I find that because most people are intimidated by someone they perceive as good looking the beautiful do not get asked out all that much more than someone average. I know so many stunning women that can’t get a guy to talk to them if their life depended on it. Actually the pretty girls usually get approached by losers who feel they might as well try because they have nothing left to lose.

I agree with this. A lot of very attractive male men that I have known have experienced similar as they say that women tend not to take them seriously.

I learnt a long time ago never to assume.

I expect the "hot" women to be vapid, shallow and materialistic.

Of course my definition of sexy/hot/whatever isn't those types.

I expect the "hot" women to be vapid, shallow and materialistic.

indeed, american "hot" women are like that mostly

• Author

From the way I see it, if that's what they're saying, don't feel intimidated. It's really them overcompensating. Sounds like their trying to convince/reassure themselves of something- probably their desirability.

---

I threw a party a few weeks ago and met a friend's new GF- a beautiful girl (NTTAWWT) about 21 yrs old. The second she opened her mouth, she frowned, scowled & out came this total attitude. I was literally like- :rolleyes: Oh S, SHE HAS TO GO. :mad: I mean totally aaaatrocious. :laugh: