Should I contact him or is it a lost cause?

I got this guy's phone number and email a week or so ago and we've been emailing each other back and forth. He asked me if I wanted to go out on a date with him and I told him that it would have to be this coming week because I was extremely busy with family issues. He said that would be okay and asked if Tuesday or Wednesday would be okay. I emailed him back saying that Tuesday would be fine. But I haven't heard back from him since and it's been a couple of days. Tuesday is approaching and I would think that if he was genuinely interested he would have contacted me confirming our meet up.

Should I send him a message asking if we're still on for Tuesday? Or is it already fizzled out? I don't want to seem too needy or pushy but I feel like I'm in limbo over here.

mortensorchid

If you already made the plan, and if YOU SPECIFICALLY made the plan to get together on Tuesday, then you should call / text to check if you are still on. On the other hand, if HE made the plan to get together on Tuesday, he should take it upon himself to check with you if you are still on. If you hear nothing, then move on. You are not being needy, you are being responsible. If he doesn't call / contact you somehow about the plan, then he is irresponsible. End of story.

• Author

He was the one that initially brought up the plans, but I was the one who picked the day so I'm not sure who specifically made the plans.

He was the one that initially brought up the plans, but I was the one who picked the day so I'm not sure who specifically made the plans.

Contact him then.

Contact him then.

Agreed, since he asked but you set the date for this date, you should simply contact him through his mobile on whether the date is confirmed or not. It is just being responsible.