I want to know im cared for

I have been through alot, with my two previous boyfriends. The one was a very manipulating relationship, i wasnt allowed to talk to anybody or do ANYTHING. The other always had an excuse not to see me, and his friends were jerks! They would drive by my house yelling F**K you and even egged my house all because they hated me. It wasn't good at all. Not to mention im on anti-depressants as it is because i have a hard time dealing with stress. Right now i am currently in a relationship and it is a really good one. I dont feel stressed, im allowed to do what i want and we dont ever argue. The only thing we SOMEWHAT argue about is that i wish he would let me know he cared more. He tells me hes not the guy who "expresses" his feelings well and i should just know that he cares. After being treated like absolute crap, i told him i just want to feel loved. Im a girl what can i say, we need that extra little bit to remind us we are cared for. It hurts me because i really care about him and i do love him and he even said hes not ready to say it back but hes close to it. I understand that completely, but i just wish i knew what he was feeling and thinking more often.... ? anyone else go throuhg this?

xpaperxcutx
I have been through alot, with my two previous boyfriends. The one was a very manipulating relationship, i wasnt allowed to talk to anybody or do ANYTHING. The other always had an excuse not to see me, and his friends were jerks! They would drive by my house yelling F**K you and even egged my house all because they hated me. It wasn't good at all. Not to mention im on anti-depressants as it is because i have a hard time dealing with stress. Right now i am currently in a relationship and it is a really good one. I dont feel stressed, im allowed to do what i want and we dont ever argue. The only thing we SOMEWHAT argue about is that i wish he would let me know he cared more. He tells me hes not the guy who "expresses" his feelings well and i should just know that he cares. After being treated like absolute crap, i told him i just want to feel loved. Im a girl what can i say, we need that extra little bit to remind us we are cared for. It hurts me because i really care about him and i do love him and he even said hes not ready to say it back but hes close to it. I understand that completely, but i just wish i knew what he was feeling and thinking more often.... ? anyone else go throuhg this?

It's my belief that if you're not getting what you want from a person, then you hightail out of there and found someone else who can give you want you want.

Why does he have to say it? Does he show it? What if he always said it but didn't show it? Would this be satisfactory? No, it probably wouldn't so showing it is clearly the winner.

I wouldn't get caught up into words. A lot of people say very profound words easily and they don't mean a thing. A person's action is what is most important. As long as he can express his words physically it is okay. If he shows he cares for you, I would be content with that. If he's doesn't show it or say it then it is time to go.