No kiss at end of date...bad sign?

SandyFall

Okay guys, be honest. Is it a bad sign if you don't get a kiss on the first date? I really thought my date and I hit it off pretty well. We talked for 3 hours and there weren't any awkward moments and we seemed to have a lot in common and get along pretty well. It's just hard to focus on the good aspects when it didn't end with a kiss like I had hoped. We were in an area where it could be awkward to kiss but he did hug me so I don't know. :confused: I guess I just wait to see if he calls within the next couple or days or should I not expect him to since he didn't kiss me? :(

You're dating. It's not 'you may kiss the bride' yet. Enjoy the attentions of and interactions with other young men. If this guy is interested, he'll call. If he wants to kiss you, he will. You decide how you feel and with whom you spend your time. When you meet someone where all that stuff matches up, then you go get a veil and a preacher. :)

LonelyNoMore

Well, I see just two options.

1) He accomplished what he wanted... to let you wondering and thinking about him.

2) He didn't really like you and didn't want you to get excited with a kiss.

I would go with num. 1. Since you said that it looked like you really enjoyed each other.

In that case, I bet he will call.

Okay guys, be honest. Is it a bad sign if you don't get a kiss on the first date? I really thought my date and I hit it off pretty well. We talked for 3 hours and there weren't any awkward moments and we seemed to have a lot in common and get along pretty well. It's just hard to focus on the good aspects when it didn't end with a kiss like I had hoped. We were in an area where it could be awkward to kiss but he did hug me so I don't know. :confused: I guess I just wait to see if he calls within the next couple or days or should I not expect him to since he didn't kiss me? :(

Not all men kiss on the first (or even second) date despite what some more agressive men would have you think. You also said that it was an awkward place to kiss. It does NOT mean he is not interested.

You will know within a few days whether he is interested by whether or not he calls.

He tried to kiss me on the first date. PERV!

He didnt kiss me on the first date. BAD SIGN!

Whats wrong with you women? Cant you just stop overanalyzing things? :rolleyes:

I rarely kiss on the first date. With my last girlfriend, I didn't even kiss her until the 3rd date. My girlfriend, before her, by the end of the night we were dry humping in the car and all sorts of crazy stuff. Depends on how the flow is. Don't sweat it.

You have to wait and see if he calls to get your answer.

If your experience seemed positive, he'll most likely call.

If you were out in public saying good-bye- it makes sense that no make out session happened.

Well, let me put it this way, all my first dates that went anywhere either ended with us hooking up, or at least a heavy makeout session. If that attraction was lacking things just fizzled out and we didn't last. A few did result in a second or third date, but it was pretty futile. You'll know if there's passion between the two of you pretty early on.

Well, let me put it this way, all my first dates that went anywhere either ended with us hooking up, or at least a heavy makeout session. If that attraction was lacking things just fizzled out and we didn't last. A few did result in a second or third date, but it was pretty futile. You'll know if there's passion between the two of you pretty early on.

Like you'd grab lunch, coffee, or perhaps dinner and end up dry-humping in your vehicle???

Chicago_Guy
Well, I see just two options.

1) He accomplished what he wanted... to let you wondering and thinking about him.

2) He didn't really like you and didn't want you to get excited with a kiss.

I would go with num. 1. Since you said that it looked like you really enjoyed each other.

In that case, I bet he will call.

No. Like other people have written, if he's shy and the OP didn't seem interested, then he wouldn't go for a kiss.

No. Like other people have written, if he's shy and the OP didn't seem interested, then he wouldn't go for a kiss.

Or maybe they were parting ways in a public place, and making out wasn't an appropriate option?

Disillusioned

Depends on the culture. People in some parts of the world think kissing is repugnant.

Feelin Frisky

I would say don't sweat it. What matters most is what happens from now on. Does he want ot see you again etc. Plus not all dates are the same.

If you two talked for 3 hours that is different than going to a play or show where you're limited in being able to speak. Since I don't know either of you, it's hard to say if all of that talking was too much or perhaps just right.

What I consider a date is going to an event, or going dancing at some up class disco and not a meeting to banter all your personal likes and dislikes. If dinner is involved before or after the event or getting down and dancing, keep it down to not taking each other's inventories or covering entire life stories. Keep some in reserve to warrant more dates and get to know someone who you think you like and think likes you by their manner and consistency of personality traits and ethics.

It's all in the showing and not in the telling because a lot of people can paint themselves as saints and show themselves to be demons. It's best to not get taken in or overwhelmed by what people say, that gives them an edge in covering their actions. So see what he shows you next time and if you realy feel like kissing to move things along as a couple, then you can initiate.

He may be shy or worried or inexperienced on judging when and how to make physical contact. You're very much the "decider" and he may just want you to signal if he's anything to you more than an aquaintintence.

I took a girl to lunch that I thought was pretty and seemed to be warming to me. I walked her back to her job as lunch time was over but was rather surprised when she asked me simply with one word: "kiss?" after which she didn't give me time to think about it, she just kissed me on the lips in a short period to I guess tell me it's on for her and me if I want it. I was rather surprised but it didn't strike me as good or bad. It just was what it was. Of course I found out soon that she wanted to suck face and suck face often and by someone who knows how. ;)

She was monagamous with me while our 2 year relationship play itself out.

Chicago_Guy
Or maybe they were parting ways in a public place, and making out wasn't an appropriate option?

That is definitely true if there are lots of people around - that could make it very awkward.

Most of my relationships with guys have started with first dates that were kiss-less, for what it's worth. I was just as dumbfounded the first time I had a good date and left kiss-less, but I think some guys actually will wait to kiss a girl they actually like.

So women expect a kiss on the first date or what? Its confusing.

Women are individuals who don't expect any one thing.

As are men (I think/hope).

What's confusing to you?

If the moment is right, capitalize on it given the appropriateness of the situation. If you have a great date loaded with chemistry, regardless of that, you may or may not make out with someone depending on the surroundings.

I could have coffee with someone, think they are awesome, but we part ways in a busy parking lot where a make out wouldn't be appropriate.

There's no expectation of a kiss at the end of a date. That isn't the determinant as to whether a date is good or not. It's whether there's a second and third date.

I remember going on a date with this one guy who didn't kiss me at the end of the date. He gave me a great big bear hug. We had great chemistry, sat in a cafe for 8 hours straight just talking and getting to know each other. It was probably one of the best dates I had and I didn't expect a kiss at the end. When we parted, it was in a very public place so the hug seemed appropriate.

soinlovewithtwo

no kiss doesnt always mean no interest. some people move slower, some people are shy, some people arent confident that you want them to do it....etc.

But if he doesnt call, thats your answer =P

No but really, i dont think its a bad sign.

I never ever kissed on the first date.

I always gave a warm goodbye hug.

Not doing anything too intimate on the first date creates tension for me and the other person.

Untouchable_Fire

You got this all wrong guy. It doesn't matter what women expect... what matters is what you give them. If you want to kiss her... then kiss her. If you don't then don't.

Like you'd grab lunch, coffee, or perhaps dinner and end up dry-humping in your vehicle???

Rarely have those kinds of dates anymore. Usually meet for a late happy hour, have a few drinks, catch a band, and go from there.