Does Another's Interest in You Affect Your Interest in Them...?

USMCHokie

As the thread title states, would someone's attraction or interest level towards you significantly affect your own attraction or interest level towards him/her? That is, would you be more interested in a person that clearly showed interest and/or attraction towards you versus a person who acted more indifferent towards you? Do you think this differs between men and women...?

I've been noticing that I am more interested in the women who openly express their interest and attraction towards me, while I slowly get turned off from the more reserved and ambivalent women...almost like I don't even want to bother with them anymore... :confused:

Serenitynow

My last 3 gf's have all showed an interest in me first.

I enjoy strong confident women like that. They are usually much better conversationalists, more intelligent, and all around better personality.

I also am getting tired of the 1800's style of interaction ;) where women sit there and do nothing, waiting for a gentleman caller

It depends. Initially I'm drawn towards women who are bitchy or mean to me, it makes me pursue them harder.

However after that yeah, if they dig me it'll probably make me like them more.

• Author

However after that yeah, if they dig me it'll probably make me like them more.

Yea...and for me, one girl I'm seeing is really into me and goes on and on about how much she loves my body yadda yadda, while another one acts like she doesn't even notice it...I mean, yea, I don't need to be an attention whore with the girl or anything, but she's ambivalent to the point that I don't even think she's all that interested...which just turns down the my interest in her...

deebeechrisyo

I definitely have stronger attraction to a girl who shows more interest in me than a girl who is more evasive. I think it's just simpler that way, less games are being played.

On the flip side, I think it's the opposite for girls. I have had so much more success playing the aloof angle than moving faster with a girl.

It wouldn't make a difference if i found out he's interested in me. If i'm already not interested in him, finding out he's interested in me isn't going to make a difference. If i'm interested in someone i make it known that i am. I'm 28, i don't have time to play games and wait around and hope he notices me first

Depends on where you are in life and what you're looking for.

If you want someone who isn't going to play games and be open about stuff, go after the one that's being open in return.

If you wanna beat around the bush and like the pursuit, then go after the one who is being more difficult but might just like the thrill of the chase.

If I find out someone is crazy about me, it doesn't change my opinion if I don't like them. If they aren't showing interest in me initially and I have interest in them....of course I'd say give it a shot But if the interest in me doesn't develop then I wouldn't keep pursuing it.

• Author
It wouldn't make a difference if i found out he's interested in me. If i'm already not interested in him, finding out he's interested in me isn't going to make a difference. If i'm interested in someone i make it known that i am. I'm 28, i don't have time to play games and wait around and hope he notices me first

I should have been a little more specific in my first post, but I was referring primarily to when you're actually dating...

Feelin Frisky

Yes. I get interested if I see something clear that looks like it has promise. I'll also make myself scarce if I'm not attracted.

Yep though i like that with most people in general,the more love they show me the more i show back i dont like to show my hand first then get burned

Cracker Jack

Good topic.

Recently, a woman I've known quite well (And often had latent feelings for but never acted on them cuz of our friendship) has shown a good amount of interest in me. I'm really tempted to actually pursue it, but after finding out she's looking at me differently, it just sorta confused me completely. I still like her a lot, but I honestly don't know where my interest level is at with her right now. We're not dating or anything, but we're talking and hanging out (Watching DVD's and stuff) a good amount. So, it's just about everything but dating.

I know I'm really into her, but it just seems like it's too good to be true; like, part of me doesn't want her to really get to know me in that way, because she'll learn how isolated I am. I dunno. I hate stuff like this.

Yea...and for me, one girl I'm seeing is really into me and goes on and on about how much she loves my body yadda yadda,
Oh hey, what's up Green! :lmao:

If I like/am attracted to her, definitely. If not, then no

Ruby Slippers

I have zero interest in men who are aloof or not interested in me. I learned fast not to bother with them.

• Author
Oh hey, what's up Green! :lmao:

Hahahah, well played...well played... :laugh:

gypsy_nicky

No it doesn't, to answer the OP's question. I find that the woman's attractiveness (physical , emotional, personality) is what affects my interest.

If I find the woman attractive, whether she displayed open or ambivalent expression of interest, I would still be interested.

If I find the woman to be somewhat attractive, whether she displayed open or ambivalent expression of interested, I would be somewhat interested.

If I find the woman unattractive, no amount of interest level on her part will affect my interest level.

BubbleFreak

Definitely. When my bf does stuff for me that he knows I like, it makes me want to reciprocate even more with things I know he likes.

TouchedByViolet
As the thread title states, would someone's attraction or interest level towards you significantly affect your own attraction or interest level towards him/her? That is, would you be more interested in a person that clearly showed interest and/or attraction towards you versus a person who acted more indifferent towards you? Do you think this differs between men and women...?

I've been noticing that I am more interested in the women who openly express their interest and attraction towards me, while I slowly get turned off from the more reserved and ambivalent women...almost like I don't even want to bother with them anymore... :confused:

Good thread idea.

I am similar to you USMCHokie. I like a women who openly shows some level of attraction to me. I don't like going after women who act ambivalent or are hard to read.

For first impressions a smile, is a great start.