Have you guys heard of the term "coal-digger"?

Jerry18

I was talking to a few girls and they said that they are "coal diggers". They said that they look for guys who has a potential (and likely) to be "diamonds". In other words, guys who don't look very good but has the potential to be successful and wealthy.

What do you guys think? Have you heard of the term before?

Confusedalways
I was talking to a few girls and they said that they are "coal diggers". They said that they look for guys who has a potential (and likely) to be "diamonds". In other words, guys who don't look very good but has the potential to be successful and wealthy.

What do you guys think? Have you heard of the term before?

Haven't heard of it, sounds stupid. Are these the same girls who are in 11th and 12th grade that you're chasing because you seem more mature to them? Because that would explain that.

RedCherries

I've never heard this term but one of my very good friends does this. She dates guys she is not attracted to only because they will one day get very far in their careers or will make a lot of money one day. Kind of gross.

• Author
Haven't heard of it, sounds stupid. Are these the same girls who are in 11th and 12th grade that you're chasing because you seem more mature to them? Because that would explain that.

Nope. They are some friends from college. I'm not really interested in them, we're just talking as friends. They said they want to date medical school students because they'll be rich in the future.

Nope. They are some friends from college. I'm not really interested in them, we're just talking as friends. They said they want to date medical school students because they'll be rich in the future.

Heh, that's sad... :laugh:

The biggest mistake a woman (or man, really) can make, is to pick a mate based on their potential. It can only lead to disappointment.

LOL. Dating a med student because you want to be rich is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Sure you'll be rich... in 10 years' time after he's done with his interns, residency, specialty and sub-specialties... oh wait, there's still the huge mountain of student loans if he wasn't sponsored.

Good luck dealing with his 48-hour shifts during those 10 years too!