early stage of dating-what's the next move?

this is about a guy i met a few weeks ago at a friend's party.

Last weekend we had a plan to meet, but he got really sick we canceled it and haven't come up with a new plan yet. (posted a thread earlier regarding this).

my question now is: should i wait for him to contact me and make the next move (come up with a plan to meet) , or should i contact him?

to be more specific:

he's the one who asked my number, invited me to another party afterwards (just me from the previous group). fast forward to last weekend: i texted him and asked if he wants to join me at my friend's party and he replied he's really sick but he wants to go. i assumed he's sick and didn't contact him for details, though i was waiting for his text. texted him later that night and he replied right away saying he's still sick and how did the party go. he sounded bad so i told him to talk some other time, and he ended saying 'see you again soon'.

that's how we ended. should i wait for him, or should i send him a short text asking if he's recovered and mention see you soon.?

i can't think now...your suggestions would help a lot!

:)

Ihavenoidea

seems you have done a lot of initiating communication. Try texting him again to maybe make plans. I thik communication should be mutual though.

legallyblonde289

i dont think you should text him. it seems like its been mostly you initiating contact. if he's interested, he'll text/call you.

• Author

okay,,,,

maybe i'll wait for him to contact me this time.

he did ask me out a few times, but this is after i texted him.

i'll wait and see.

thanks guys !

Ichi-boned

Last weekend we had a plan to meet, but he got really sick we canceled it and haven't come up with a new plan yet. (posted a thread earlier regarding this).

my question now is: should i wait for him to contact me and make the next move (come up with a plan to meet) , or should i contact him?

to be more specific:

he's the one who asked my number, invited me to another party afterwards (just me from the previous group). fast forward to last weekend: i texted him and asked if he wants to join me at my friend's party and he replied he's really sick but he wants to go. i assumed he's sick and didn't contact him for details, though i was waiting for his text. texted him later that night and he replied right away saying he's still sick and how did the party go. he sounded bad so i told him to talk some other time, and he ended saying 'see you again soon'.

that's how we ended. should i wait for him, or should i send him a short text asking if he's recovered and mention see you soon.?

Text him. Men respond better when the females initiates the communication.

• Author
Text him. Men respond better when the females initiates the communication.

i'm so confused now!

the answers are mixed. of course there is no right answer, but what should i do?

He is the one who got interested in me first and asked me out a few times, but as for the texts, i initiated most of the time. (he does reply right away)

in this situation, should i wait to see if he texts me first and ask me out-to know his interest level? thinking, if he's truly interested in me, he'll ask me out?

• Author

so, this guy was sick over the weekend, maybe now too? guess he recovered. we sort of ended the texting saying, me: get better, him: see you soon.

in this case, should i text him first and ask him how he's feeling now?

or should i think if he is feeling better he will text me?

to be more specific:

It sounds like you keep inviting one another to parties, and you met at a party?

Doesn't sound really "date-ish" to me.

Why not ask him if he'd like to meet for dinner or something?