Prim and Proper girly girl vs. Casual, Down to earth girl

conehead

I have a coworker who is blonde, very cute and also very smart and friendly and extremely down to earth. He wears his t shirt and jeans with sneakers and skateboards.

He's got a girlfriend (unfortunately lol) and I've always imagined her to be the female version of him. I was close but at the same time very far off!

I met her for the first time tonight at a work party and she's definitely very blonde like him, very pretty girl. Except while everyone else was wearing jeans and dressing casually, she had on girly pumps, a flowerly dress, and hair that was primped...like the prim and proper girls of the 50s almost. When she spoke, she was also very prim and proper. 2 of my other coworkers even teased her behind her back and imitated her as she spoke...saying the way she moved her arms make her look like she was the weather woman, or that she was doing a formal presentation.

But I thought she'd be the type of girl that all guys drool after. As she is very attractive...like the dream girl or the trophy girlfriend.

Yet others think that she came across as if she'd be the high maintenance type. Good for a trophy gf, but not for a long term real companion, which they think someone more down to earth and casual is better for. My male coworker is only 25. They say he is still young.

People's thoughts here?

threebyfate

The prim and proper part of this might turn some guys off but most guys would take a trophy girlfriend over the casual one, especially if you replace the prim and proper part with sexy, as the descriptive.

*waits for LS guys to deny this vehemently* :p:laugh:

It's funny this subject was brought up.

I'm currently talking to two women regularly & sometimes seeing them.

One wears jeans & no make-up & grew up working on a farm.

She's still a girly girl when it comes to her hair & nails & style of clothes.

She just NEVER wears dresses.

Isn't bothered if my place isn't spotless.

The other looks like the prim & proper type. wears some make-up, her hair is never out of place & she wears dresses & accessories down to Harley pins in her uggs (type of shoe?). spends way too much time cleaning her apartment & seems to think everyone else should also.

except, she has no problem punching me in the arm. hard. If I crack a joke at her expense.

She also has some serious bi-cep action going because she works out and keeps asking me to feel it. LOL!

I can't figure either of them out.

so i'm just going to go with whichever one jumps my bones first. :)

Their both equally attractive to me.

This girl may be both. When I was dating I always dressed prim and proper when my dates would take me someplace. Yet I could dress in torn jeans and t-shirts and help dig a garden. This girl may be like this also. Just because he dresses in sneakers and jeans and likes skateboards; it doesn't mean that he wants a girl who dresses this way. Most men can't help but be attracted to a very feminine woman. Also, his co-workers were really mean to laugh at his girl behind their backs. Why is it any of their business who he dates. People are so childish.

Edited by stillafool

I've been told I clean up well. LOL!

I dress nicely for work. I'm an IT guy.

I wear button down shirts & nice slacks.

but on the weekend i'm a DIY'er working on my house.

I dress in stained jeans & old t-shirts & wear a cap or dew rag.

Occasionally I run into people from work & they don't even recognize me. Even when I walk up to them & say "hi".

My dad wears suits to work & does the same thing. It's amazing how people in public treat you or look at you when your dressed like a construction worker vs. dressed nicely.

Even though your the same person.

To me, as long as she looks good naked I don't care. :)

• Author

dont think it was the way she dressed as much but mainly the way she carried herself and spoke. She stood really straight and would motion her arms very perfectly all the time as if she was doing a formal presentation when she talked as opposed to if she was just chatting naturally/casually. I think that's where the weather girl teasing came in.

If she was going to her boyfriend's work function (especially if it was her first time), she may have been trying to be a good girlfriend by trying to make a good impression -- dressing up, acting formally, being conservative. I've seen that a lot from spouses of co-workers that I meet for the first time.

She may be really down to earth at home.

SouthernSunshine

She's different, maybe that's one of the things he likes about her. Just because she's different doesn't mean she's bad. Sounds like you're pretty jealous... Just sayin..

We're attracted to all kinds of people, for all kinds of reasons. That's the wonderful thing about relationships. You can never judge what kind of person someone "should" be with or not, nor can you predict it - and certainly not on first impressions without knowing anything about them or the quality and nature of the relationship when they are in private.

Why is this of such great interest to you?

why did your group judge her at all? why did you participate?

HE likes her because HE likes her... what others think and say is nobodies business.

maybe she has a kind heart, a bright mind, a gentle soul...

when you judge (and judge so harshly) you completely miss the beauty of the person.

leave judgement out - everyone has their own beauty. to eliminate people based on looks is just ignorant.