Stringing me along?

scenester

What are the best signs that a girl is stringing me along?

"She doesn't say yes."

Apply as needed.

She seems to not reply to a lot of your texts/phone calls. Occasionally hangs out with you but doesn't go out of her way to. seems to only hang out with you when everyone else is busy/she's bored.

• little respect/care for how you feel.
  • inconsistency in her actions toward you.
  • feeds you crumbs of wholesome goodness just as she intuits you might be at breaking point.

butterflysil

can't remeber things you say. disregards your ideas or interests. doesn't want to spend much time with you.

What are the best signs that a girl is stringing me along?

She brushes you off....and then continues to give you the signals to make you continue to give her attention.

Believe me, I've been there.

She brushes you off....and then continues to give you the signals to make you continue to give her attention.

Believe me, I've been there.

Never understood this behavior.

At 38 I still see it in women my age.

I ignore it when it happens & refuse to play their game.

Except, they actually ask me out & give me their number. So i'm thinking their legit.

Nope, I call them up & they never return my call or they blow me off last minute.

don't get it all. How messed up in the head do you have to be to ask a guy out just so you can blow him off?

Hey this thread helped me to understand a bit about my situation...You can read up if you like:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t228699/

So it does seem like my ex was stringing me along, according to the criteria you all have posted here....She doesn't remember things I said (or acts as if), and that's what set off my sharp response to her, which started the end of things...

The erratic behavior - holding back with affection, as if she was terrified of it, saying she didn't want a relationship, and then setting up romantic situations, getting 3 inches from my face a staring into my eyes.. where a kiss would be the natural course of things...Even sleeping at my house and having a "weekend" bag with her stuff in it...

The little jabs, as if she doesn't care about my feelings...Insisting on a hiking appointment at 7am knowing that I will get home from work at 1am the night before...Criticisms of little things (I don't like your voice when you speak English...Your apartment looks like a girl's....Your ukulele is just a toy, etc)...

The weird take on things like hand-holding as we're on a date (Oh! We hold hands like children! Why do we have to hold hands? This is the law?) and a hello kiss when I arrive to pick her up. I don't insist on these things, but it's weird to get rejected for stuff like this on the 7th or 8th date when she's been sleeping at my place...

Also, the little snaps...In the beginning, I asked her what kind of car she had. She responds in a hostile voice.."Why do you want to know that? Why is that important? Why you ask stupid question like this?"...Even when I took her out, we're eating thai food with shrimp...She scarfs all the shrimp, and I playfully say as she goes for the last one, "Heeeey piggy girl, can i have that shrimp?" and she spazzed... "Oh! You are the man so you must have the last shrimp!"....Ranting!!

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation that I was getting messed with....

Red light, green light, red light, green light....Breakup...