Okay guys, tell the truth...

georgia girl

georgia girl

My fiance and I are having a little debate. I say that men "go back fishing" to their exes because they are just too lazy to find a new girl. He says that this NEVER happens and a man only goes back because he realizes what he's lost. (Mind you, we are exes who got back together and I think he's doing a little CYA here! :D)

So, truth be told: why do you go back to your exes? Because you miss her? Or because it's easier? There's $5.00 and a whole lotta "braggin' rights" involved so I need honesty!!!

I have 1 ex, and if I went back to her it would be because it was easier. She's still in love with me (last I knew) but I don't miss her at all. So if I went back to her it would be because I just got lonely and wanted something easy.

I have one ex...she left me, so I don't have the option of getting her back...

I think men go back due to laziness or lack of success with new women...the whole "realized what he lost" is a crock of sh*t...georgiagirl, you win. :bunny:

I've entertained the idea of giving a relationship a second try only one time, and finding a new relationship would have been the easier path to take.

threebyfate

I'm not a guy but IMO, it depends on who got dumped. You'll find dumpee men more prone to trying to get an ex back. Male ego is sensitive indeed.

The men who go back to exes out of laziness far outnumber those who yearn for what they have lost. Both happen, but you win.

i dont look back. never had the chance.all ways the dumpee not the dumper.nice guys all ways finish last.:(

• Author
georgia girl

Now I remember why I love Marines!!!!

Thanks, USMChokie and everyone! I KNEW it!

(And by the way, he came back with an engagement ring so I do think he missed me, but I'll never let him live this down! :laugh:)

My fiance and I are having a little debate. I say that men "go back fishing" to their exes because they are just too lazy to find a new girl. He says that this NEVER happens and a man only goes back because he realizes what he's lost. (Mind you, we are exes who got back together and I think he's doing a little CYA here! :D)

So, truth be told: why do you go back to your exes? Because you miss her? Or because it's easier? There's $5.00 and a whole lotta "braggin' rights" involved so I need honesty!!!

I really don't believe in the whole "dumper/dumpee" thing, because it takes two people to make/break a relationship.

But in your case OP, who broke up with who?

I'm not a guy but IMO, it depends on who got dumped. You'll find dumpee men more prone to trying to get an ex back. Male ego is sensitive indeed.

I'd have to disagree...it would make more sense that dumper men would be more likely to sift through their little black books for a girl from the past that they dumped...especially when dating times are tough at that moment...

• Author
georgia girl

CLC2008, once again, the Marines have it. He dumped me. Broke my heart, actually. But then came back almost immediately. I told him no thanks for months until he finally really made me believe that he was truly serious. I wasn't sitting around moping over him, however. I had gone on with my life and was pretty happy with being single when I finally agreed to give him a second shot.

So, I think there may be some logic to the view that a male dumper is more likely to come back. Who knows? I still get the $5 and the braggin rights!

I really don't believe in the whole "dumper/dumpee" thing, because it takes two people to make/break a relationship.

ok then what do you do when your told to get out after 4 years of happyness.because she wanted to be with her exboyfriend.i didnt know anything was wrong .just the day before she was trying on the wedding dress for our wedding.you cant just say no i tried talking it threw.nope didnt work so i left.

How is trying to get back with you for months easier than getting a new girl? The same effort he used on you could have been used on someone else, and it probably would have worked much faster.

CLC2008, once again, the Marines have it. He dumped me. Broke my heart, actually. But then came back almost immediately. I told him no thanks for months until he finally really made me believe that he was truly serious. I wasn't sitting around moping over him, however. I had gone on with my life and was pretty happy with being single when I finally agreed to give him a second shot.

So, I think there may be some logic to the view that a male dumper is more likely to come back. Who knows? I still get the $5 and the braggin rights!

But only one marine in this post agreed with you and that wasn't even based on his own personal experience.

Wth? lol

ok then what do you do when your told to get out after 4 years of happyness.because she wanted to be with her exboyfriend.i didnt know anything was wrong .just the day before she was trying on the wedding dress for our wedding.you cant just say no i tried talking it threw.nope didnt work so i left.

Well yes. In that sense, correct.

And/or if someone cheated and the person who was cheated on broke up with the cheater, then they are technically the "dumper".

• Author
georgia girl

Because he didn't have to get to know anyone else. I was familiar to him. Plus, I was an easy outlet for his emotions and need to be in a relationship.

Still, like I said before, as much as I will kid with him about this, I do KNOW that he missed me. Not because he had to chase me, either. But because I do know his heart and he is my very best friend in the entire world. We are both so lucky. I didn't know life could be this easy or good.

(And now, I am either going to lay off the wine or stop typing on an online forum... :o)

well yes. In that sense, correct.

And/or if someone cheated and the person who was cheated on broke up with the cheater, then they are technically the "dumper".

thank you :) for agreeing .

but she was the cheater and dumper.shes a ******* ***** makes me so mad how she did me.i treated her kids like they where my own.

Edited by allanworks

Not really. Very often, one person is basically happy in a relationship while the other person isn't. Even if both are unhappy, it is usually one or the other who actually announces the break up. If anything is a myth, it the idea of a "mutual" break up. 99% of the time, one partner is WAY more intent on breaking up than the other.

thank you :) for agreeing .

but she was the cheater and dumper.shes a ******* ***** makes me so mad how she did me.i treated her kids like they where my own.

You should be mad.

She left to go back to her ex after she was with you for four years and you were engaged nonetheless. You can't consider marrying someone if/when you still have lingering romantic feelings for someone else, let alone be in a relationship.

But only one marine in this post agreed with you and that wasn't even based on his own personal experience.

Wth? lol

I am commanding a platoon of Marines who are standing behind me (like in the Verizon In Network commercials)...one of them is bound to have gone back to their ex...maybe a couple exes...perhaps at the same time...? crazy marines... :rolleyes:

skydiveaddict
I am commanding a platoon of Marines who are standing behind me (like in the Verizon In Network commercials)...one of them is bound to have gone back to their ex...maybe a couple exes...perhaps at the same time...? crazy marines... :rolleyes:

lmao...................that is some funny sh.t

Edited by skydiveaddict

Hi, Georgia Girl!

Well, I think you've already got your answer, but I'll side with you as well that I think most guys who go back to their exes (or make a serious attempt at it at least) do so out of inertia.

From my part, I only had one ex, and by the time we broke up (a mutual and amicable break, btw), we were more friends than anything else. I was moving away, she was moving on with her life, etc. I met my future wife six months later and have been with her ever since, although it took us ten more years to decide to tie the knot. :)