which guys on here have ever dated a manic pixie chick?

gypsy_nicky

gypsy_nicky

I think I met one recently.

I'm talking about a certain stereotypical chick (for reference) we see in movies (think clementine in eternal sunshine and summer in 500 days of summer)..

Its a certain personality disposition- One whose always optimistic about life, has this sort of bohemain flair, bubbly, energetic, soulful, deep, mysterious, sensitive, and alluring but at the same time is vague, flakey, amoral (sees sex as sex), and callous. In short, her personality is a contradiction in itself.

Physically, she's not really beautiful but err's more on being normal to high average looking. But there's something about her that draws you in.

I see red flags but I must admit I am drawn to her..

So any of the men here ever meet one?

ImaManDammit
So any of the men here ever meet one?

Yup, and not too long ago. The draw afterwhile wears thin unless there is something of substance underneath. Assuming you're looking for something of substance.

If you aren't looking, you can ride that wave until she decides that you're no longer fun. Just be ok with it when it does.

Yep.

many yrs back.

Worked one summer with this girl. Very attractive but seemed sexually awkward.

She went away to college then called me up on winter break out of the blue & asked me out.

Then just before the date said she was working hard & was sore & wondered if I could give her a massage. JACKPOT!

Rubbed her down the first date.

Went all the way on the 2nd.

I was her "friend" for about 3 weeks. Then she just fell off the face of the earth for two weeks.

She went & visited another "friend" & I didn't hear from her until the day she went went back to college & called me to say bye.

weird chick.

threebyfate

I swear this "manic pixie girl" stereotype, came from Audrey Hepburn's character in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Bat shyte crazy!

melodymatters

I HAD to click on this link because, confession : I once WAS a manic pixie chick !!!

I lived in the chelsea hotel, I weighed about 90 lbs, never slept, I wore golden glitter everyday, everywhere, and my "job" was the leading actress in an off broadway childrens theatre in the village !

I find things I wrote back in those days, and whoa, I was OFF the rails !

Good news, I grew up ! I met a guy and fell in love for the very first time, stopped drinking so much, ate a bit more, slept and basically....settled.

These people can be life of the party types, and I had so many adventures, but they either burn out or grow up.

Maybe this girl is ready to join the real world, or maybe she'll just be a hell of a lot of fun and you'll never forget her !

I have known a few of these types and when you peel back all the bohemian stuff they are as vapid and shallow as any valley girl. I have actually grown to somewhat dislike bohemian types of both genders. They dress up their shallowness in a bunch of new gobblygook when in reality they are just as bad as some corporate yuppie.

• Author
gypsy_nicky
I swear this "manic pixie girl" stereotype, came from Audrey Hepburn's character in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Bat shyte crazy!

yes that character!

• Author
gypsy_nicky
I have known a few of these types and when you peel back all the bohemian stuff they are as vapid and shallow as any valley girl. I have actually grown to somewhat dislike bohemian types of both genders. They dress up their shallowness in a bunch of new gobblygook when in reality they are just as bad as some corporate yuppie.

true. They have this disposition of being deep and mysterious though. Somewhat a part of them is unreachable. But vapid and shallow nonetheless.

• Author
gypsy_nicky

TBF, you say bat shyte crazy. Have you met any girls (women) like this?

Were you a manic pixie at one time or another?? :cool:

The bohemian thing is what gets me but I see the flags and theyre not long term partner potential.

I am wondering what makes these women shed their pixie shell and move on or are they forever stuck like that.

cooldudeinberlin

ha ha ha ha ha.... all the time.

some of them are the typical, stereotypical art-graphic-philosophy student... sometimes they are the young-hippie type chick that has a taste for older men and keep wanting that experience...

but on one occasion, it was actually a EU diplomat, who was a single mother, way into meditation, "the universe", manifestation principle, etc. etc. etc.

They are all alluring and very exciting to be around... and no, all of them are usually exceptionally cute or beautiful.

Not sure if its always a toxic thing, more of a good little experience thing... but can never last.

cooldudeinberlin
I've dated the male equivalent. A manic pixie dick.

whoops...a dude? not sure if I would have admitted that...

threebyfate
TBF, you say bat shyte crazy. Have you met any girls (women) like this?

Were you a manic pixie at one time or another?? :cool:

The bohemian thing is what gets me but I see the flags and theyre not long term partner potential.

I am wondering what makes these women shed their pixie shell and move on or are they forever stuck like that.

I've never met a chick like this in real life but there are a few on LS. And no, I've never been a manic pixie.

No, I usually get the psychos who think that good men aren't good enough so they leave and chase the bad men.

That's good, actually. If you roll around in the poop, you are bound to smell!

I didn't know they were called "manic pixie chicks". Is this an official term? ;)

I've dated several. The first girl did a number on me, but I learned from that. I find them unique, artistic, fun and great to date casually if you don't take their little eccentricities too seriously.

ThisCharmingGirl

Oh sh*t!! I have never heard of this term being used before.... I think I know what's wrong with me now.