Like Attract Like or Opposites Attract?

Jersey Shortie

Jersey Shortie

Do you find you are attracted to people like you or people that exhibit qualities different from you?

I am a pretty sensitive creature and into art, music, cultural. However, I am not attracted to men that are similar. I do not like musicians, artists or actors..etc etc etc, other men in artistic endevours. When my friends were all going gaga over the local band guys, I liked the guy in the suit. I always find myself more attracted to more analytical men. They protray certain qualities that I do not. And I consider it a balance of sorts. I like men that are more structured then I am. Where we both bring something different to the table. Something that might a little mysterious about the other that we can't quite figure out.

So what about the rest you Buggers. :love:

Although, it also brings some conflict due to our different approaches.

Opposites in general attract, but there has to be an underlying commonality to your wants, needs and goals in life to develop into anything of substance.

I tend to be attracted to guys who have qualities I wish I had, or qualities that seem effortless to them, but that I have to work at.

The worst relationship I was ever in was with someone who was very much like me. It was good for a lot of reasons too though, that I haven't experienced in any other relationship.

Rearden Metal

I don't really have a type, per se. But I do seem to attract cougars, psychos and slutty little girls (they seem to sense my depravity I've got hiding away).

What I wouldn't give to attract a nice, pretty girl again (like my ex wife).

ehhh...how bout two people cant be too much alike but neither can they be two different...both things bring problems...overall i would say like attract like...at least similar goals, similar aspects of life, similar wants and needs etc...

threebyfate

As long as your core values and goals in life are similar, there's no problems being a little different.

But I do think that if you're completely different, it turns into a project relationship, where you spend more time fighting and fixing, rather than building solid foundations for a long-term relationship.

As for myself, I'm attracted to similar individuals, with a number of similar interests. Without that element of friendship, IMO, relationships just fizzle out and get boring, if they're based on nothing more than physical/emotional chemistry. There has to be intellectual chemistry.

bananaboat11

during the day I'm a scientist/graduate student researcher... so I remain analytical, poignant, punctual, refined, intelligent... and all those lovely, yet oh so boring words...

at night.. i'm a dj (mainly hobbyist, but I play parties, clubs, bars... and this coming may... a venue for 1000+ people!!!!!).... :o We know where that's going.... :laugh:

I am not a whore.

I seem to attract psychos LOL.

I'm attracted to guys who are the opposite of me. I love art and being in the city. But when it comes to guys I like either geeks or country boys. A combination of the two is irresistible to me. :)

As long as your core values and goals in life are similar, there's no problems being a little different.

But I do think that if you're completely different, it turns into a project relationship, where you spend more time fighting and fixing, rather than building solid foundations for a long-term relationship.

As for myself, I'm attracted to similar individuals, with a number of similar interests. Without that element of friendship, IMO, relationships just fizzle out and get boring, if they're based on nothing more than physical/emotional chemistry. There has to be intellectual chemistry.

I agree completely. My ex and I were complete opposites, and spent the majority of our relationship failing to make things work. My current boyfriend and I are very similar. He's my best friend and our foundation is building stronger every day, and it's easy and flows naturally! Complete opposite of my ex.

I'm very intuitive, creative, emotional, etc. Leaning toward arts and language in terms of education. I always end up going for the guys who are really good at science and math, more logical, more stoic.

I am glad to have found the only person in the world like me minus the bitterness towards the opposite sex. If I were raised in a better family we would be male and female versions of each other which is a good thing.

I agree 100% with everyting you said here........

Perfectly said. With the important parts being the values and goals.

My GF is from a small midwestern town, I am from a big eastern city - we are 10 years apart in age - have different influences in terms of authors, movies, music - but we are very similar where it matters. We both love family and friends - we both volunteer and go to church - we both like sex and wine and good food and yeah, I think we are opposites in some ways but again - very in tune where it matters.