A weird turn of events

pens1863

I have had a crush on this girl for about 2 months now, and just recently I got up the nerve to ask her out on a date. She seemed happy and excited and she gave me her phone number and I told her I would call her the following week to set something up for the weekend. She said that she was free that weekend and we would go out. The following week I call her, but she does not answer her phone. I tried calling her the next day, but still no answer. Finally I decided to just text her (I thought maybe because she didn't recognize my number she wasn't answering) and ask her out to dinner and a movie. She sent me a text back saying she was sorry, but she was seeing someone.

Here is my question: Why did she give me her number and tell me she would go out with me, only to tell me a week later she was seeing someone?

Sometimes they do that. Maybe she didnt know whether or not she had a chance with that guy, and used you as a backup. Maybe you waited too long and she found someone in th meantime. Maybe she was too chicken to tell you no and figured that you would get the hint when she ignored you. Next time, when you get to talk to someone that does that, call them out on it, since you wont be talking to them again anyway.

I wouldn't bother sending the text or calling the 2nd time for that matter. Leave a message on the first call, and if they don't respond within a day or two, delete the number.

They'll always call back or text back to the first one if they actually want to. Boogie is right about why she'd give the number then not respond.