Does he still care or just keeping me as backburner?

Turtlelover28

Turtlelover28

Ok my boyfriend just broke up with me yesterday thurs, we are both over 25, he said he wanted to be my bf but he says i told him that he wasnt my type and hes cool with friends, which thats a bold face lie cause, i liked him and he knew that, so i told him thank you for the wonderful times, for the memories and for making me happy, he said he has enjoyed the memories and we should create more, i said excuse me, he said we should create more memories, i said i cant do that, i just cant be friends with you when there is feelings involved, he also wanted to meet this weekend and give me my present he had for my birthday which he was out of town and couldnt give me at the time, i refused and told him to take it back and get his money back, he said no its yours you shoud have it again i didnt want it, he said he will give it to goodwill, he said well i guess this is where we part ways then goodbye and i said bye and that was the end, Did he just wanted to keep me around incase his new realtionship didnt work out? Or was that his way of making him feel good about breaking up with me?

Today friday at around 4pm he texts me and start talking to me again, he was telling me to have fun with my new bf and telling me hes going to orlando and going to strip clubs, im thinking to myself why break up with me and then text me the next day asking to meet for dinner does he not want to end things with me or why is he doing this?

Tnerforireyeh

I have no idea why he's doing this. It's unfortunate though. Anyone here to tells you 'why' he's doing this is merely speculating, and that speculation won't be of much use. Why do YOU think he's doing it?

It sounds like he's trying to play power games with you.

He knows you want him.

He is trying to use this against you in order to exert control.

Today friday at around 4pm he texts me and start talking to me again, he was telling me to have fun with my new bf and telling me hes going to orlando and going to strip clubs, im thinking to myself why break up with me and then text me the next day asking to meet for dinner does he not want to end things with me or why is he doing this?

This part is pretty telling about his maturity level. Telling someone to have a good life or have fun with your new BF is the last gasp from a really sad, insecure person.

If there is something there between you two - it will come back to the surface, but it wont happen that quickly. He made his decision, and it is now time for you to seize back control of the situation.

Take some time to do nice things for yourself - exercise, go shopping, go out with friends, listen to your favorite fun music - just move on with your life. If down the road you two agree to meet and he is able to explain himself, then you may have a chance.

But in the end - no matter the reason - he rejected you and then a few days later was trying to get you back. That sounds like a guy that is very compulsive and can flip back and forth like a hot and cold faucet. Do you really need someone like that in your life?