Do Girls Really Try to Hookup Guys with Female Friends?

Don'tWannabeAWannabe

Don'tWannabeAWannabe

Television and Hollywood has us believe that every woman is a wannabe-matchmaker; that she's friends with a girl who'd be perfect for a guy she knows.

But in all my years I've never experienced this. I've had female friends, but NONE of them ever even tried to introduce me to a girl they knew. I've also never known guys who had this happen to them.

Does it ever happen? :confused:

Yeah, it happens. My cousin who lives close to me met his wife through a friend.

I wouldn't want to be hooked up with a girl who I found unattractive. A few of my girl friends have said that I would look with this girl or that girl, some of them were pretty and others I didn't find appealing.

Maybe your female friends think you don't want to be hooked up?

Have you asked them if they have any nice single friends to introduce you to?

I often try and help my friends out, guys or girls, especially when I am in a relationship. Even if it isn't with someone else I know - I mean in a club if my guy mate quite likes the look of some chick he can sometimes have a better chance at her even giving him a second if I go over and talk to her about something random and then he comes over with a drink for me I introduce them, have a chat for a bit and then leave them to it and it might turn out good it might not haha

If you ask them I'm sure the chicks will try to help out - but be prepared they might genuinely not know any decent single girls right now - so if they say that then don't take it personally!

Women wont hook you up with people if they cant risk you making THEM look bad.

if they know you are good looking and a great catch, reliable good person in general, then maybe they will hook you up.

You have to look at yourself objectively and realize whether or not you can picture women thanking their friends for setting them up with you.

You dont have any girl-friends that you talk to on the regular, so you wont be getting any hookups. Youre better off picking up a PUA manual and learning how to talk to women the hard way.

I agree with boogieboy. Even if you are introduced by a female friend, you still have to talk with her on your own and whatnot. It might help you with the introduction but, apart from that, you're on your own. Learning the hard way is probably best.

With kassy, what you described would turn out well if they guy is a great catch. I found that having female friends introduce always, even if it's a little, bolsters the girl's impression of you initially; the rest is up to you.

If you're good looking and somewhat of a catch..

I get along great with my friends wives/fiances but theyve never tried to hoook me up like they have other guys in our social circle..

I realize im not an attractive man and dont take it personally..I wouldnt expect them to introduce a girl they know to somebody that chances are slim to none theyd be attracted to..

Tnerforireyeh

It happens but it's gross. I'd never want to date a friend of a friend. And then if something goes wrong... it's just a mess. Date outside your social circle.

It's never happened when it came to women I used to hang out with.

Of course these women turned out to be attention whores that didn't want me, but didn't want anybody else to draw my attention from them.

They would cock-clock me big time.

I no longer associate with them.

However, my sister has hooked me up with her friends in the past & her friends have hooked me up with friends or their sisters in the past.

I use to do the fix up. Not anymore. When it goes bad you run the risk of losing two friends either because they feel you had a hand in it or because they are avoiding you to avoid the other person.

My female friends are always trying to set me up with friends of their husbands, bf's, brothers... It's actually annoying. I've never been introduced in this manner and been attracted to the person they have picked for me.

Crazy Magnet

As a woman, I have only been introduced to one guy as a "set up" that I really liked and ended up dating. I've never had a male friend I would consider close enough to set up with any girls I know. I'm in the process of trying to set up one of my BF's friends with some female acquaintance's, but nobody wants to meet him. So I'm about to give up.

I personally prefer to date outside my social circle b/c the end of things is significantly less messy.

I don't like to get set up by anyone. It just creates that awkward moment when the girl sees me and ends up disappointed. I'd rather just avoid that altogether.

Television and Hollywood has us believe that every woman is a wannabe-matchmaker; that she's friends with a girl who'd be perfect for a guy she knows.

But in all my years I've never experienced this. I've had female friends, but NONE of them ever even tried to introduce me to a girl they knew. I've also never known guys who had this happen to them.

Does it ever happen? :confused:

Yes it does happen, as a couple of my bf's have been guys who's girl friends set us up.

I, on the other hand, have never done it, because I have never felt any single guy I knew who would've been interested in being set up was right or worthy of my friend.

JohnnyBlaze

A friend tried setting me up with her friend last year; it didn't work out well. Apart from my not being interested in the friend, they had very bad timing and chose a very bad way to go about it.

• Author
Don'tWannabeAWannabe
Have you asked them if they have any nice single friends to introduce you to?

I often try and help my friends out, guys or girls, especially when I am in a relationship. Even if it isn't with someone else I know - I mean in a club if my guy mate quite likes the look of some chick he can sometimes have a better chance at her even giving him a second if I go over and talk to her about something random and then he comes over with a drink for me I introduce them, have a chat for a bit and then leave them to it and it might turn out good it might not haha

If you ask them I'm sure the chicks will try to help out - but be prepared they might genuinely not know any decent single girls right now - so if they say that then don't take it personally!

I really don't have any female friends at the moment. Like I said on another thread, I graduated college and moved back home last year. When I moved back home, I also moved away from everyone I knew.

• Author
Don'tWannabeAWannabe
Women wont hook you up with people if they cant risk you making THEM look bad.

if they know you are good looking and a great catch, reliable good person in general, then maybe they will hook you up.

You have to look at yourself objectively and realize whether or not you can picture women thanking their friends for setting them up with you.

You dont have any girl-friends that you talk to on the regular, so you wont be getting any hookups. Youre better off picking up a PUA manual and learning how to talk to women the hard way.

I have been reading Pickup Artist literature, but it's so hard to practice and succeed out on your own. When your out at the club or the bar, it's so hard to even try when you have no one to encourage or challenge you. Even when you do make a move, you either feel completely humiliated if the girl doesn't take to you or you panic midway, freeze up and say "good night." It's so frustrating. Do you know what I mean?