Why oh why do women discuss their man's shlong size?

I put this in dating rather than sex because it's not actually about sex.

One of the chicks I'm dating is about 9 years older than I. She recently told me she had a "discussion" with her friend and the topic turned to the shlong size of me and the dude that her friend was dating. Apparently they both said their men had large wangs.

This is nothing new to me, other girlfriends of mine have had this same discussion with their pals. But AFAIK it was when they were younger, like teens and early 20s. I didn't know 40-somethings still discussed this stuff.

Question is: WHY do women care to share the size of their guy's dong? I mean, I understand that women are very open with each other about their sexuality, but wang size? It's not like guys talk about whether their girl has large labia or whatever.

Discussing genitalia? OMG why? Is it some status thing? "Well his taste in clothing is terrible but he's got a big wonger!" or "Not only did he get that promotion at work but his flesh tube is as big as my arm!"

Enlighten me plz.

• Author

See I've never had any desire to describe my sex life to a dude. Maybe that's part of the reason I can't fathom it. Certainly I wouldn't describe the size and shape of some woman's genitalia to a guy I'm playing basketball with or whatever.

Like, "Hey nice jump shot. Oh and Katie's labia are really great."

What you are not understanding is that we are discussing a lot more than just the schlong size. We women are bizarre and intricate creatures and amongst the girlfriends, we discuss almost EVERYTHING; from duration and strength of our periods to how we shave our legs, from our guys' schlong size to whether or not they snore in their sleep, from hair dye to dessert recipes.

You have just picked up on ONE SINGLE ITEM that we happen to chat about and are obsessing as to the WHY. It is part of our lives and what affects us, so we talk about it.

Does that make more sense?

• Author

But suppose I don't really want her social circle to know about the shape of my genitalia because it's none of their business?

I mean really, aren't there parts of your life and your body that you'd rather your boyfriend/girlfriend not share with the world?

Norville_Rogers
See I've never had any desire to describe my sex life to a dude. Maybe that's part of the reason I can't fathom it. Certainly I wouldn't describe the size and shape of some woman's genitalia to a guy I'm playing basketball with or whatever.

Like, "Hey nice jump shot. Oh and Katie's labia are really great."

I'm with you barky. What and how my girl looks like or how she is in bed is for MY enjoyment. Not anyone elses. Not that I'm a jealous guy. I am far far from that. I just think that something that intimate is supposed to be personal and sacred. Not to mention, I would find it extremely disrespectful if some guy was telling me about their girls "skills". But you are right....girls just seem to chat it up amongst themselves and almost chalk it up as their "prize". Hell, you see it on the covers of Cosmos all of the time. So I guess it's ok to talk about their guys size and skills since it's shared in a two page article. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think what's done in the bedroom between the two people should be kept there. Or maybe I'm just old fashioned.

sweetjasmine
But suppose I don't really want her social circle to know about the shape of my genitalia because it's none of their business?

I mean really, aren't there parts of your life and your body that you'd rather your boyfriend/girlfriend not share with the world?

Yep.

I don't talk about that kind of thing with my friends, and they don't talk about it, either. I wouldn't feel comfortable. Isn't intimacy supposed to be...intimate? My SO wouldn't appreciate me talking about our sex life or his body (it's his, not mine), just like I wouldn't appreciate him talking about our sex life or my body.

Ruby Slippers

I have never bragged about my man's dick size to a friend, but I have exchanged hot sex stories. It's just a way of letting each other know you're doing great and getting some awesome sex. And you can get some good ideas from it. :cool:

If I get road head or sex any place but a bed or couch, i'm letting my friends know. LOL!

I know for a fact my STBXW told her friends I'm the only guy that could get her off on a regular basis.

This is something I only ever hear young (late teens very early 20s) talk about. I just chalked it up to there interest in determining what is and isn't normal in regard to penis size and shape.

I don't discuss such things with girlfriends. I consider it part of his privacy, not just mine. So it's something that is not to be shared with others.

Question is: WHY do women care to share the size of their guy's dong? I mean, I understand that women are very open with each other about their sexuality, but wang size? It's not like guys talk about whether their girl has large labia or whatever.

Discussing genitalia? OMG why? Is it some status thing? "Well his taste in clothing is terrible but he's got a big wonger!" or "Not only did he get that promotion at work but his flesh tube is as big as my arm!"

Enlighten me plz.

IME, most women don't do this. When they have done it, it was under pretty specific circumstances, such as the R had already ended, or was very, very new, and there was actually something to say about the penis in question (either really small or really large); also when the woman isn't serious about the guy.

Also, maturity and class can play a role here. (Age does not equal maturity, in case you were wondering.)

Well guys talk about how tight women are, breast size, how good they are in bed...

Same thing I guess. Frankly if girls want to talk about my genitalia, they can go for it!

Had no idea men did this, at least not about women they actually respect.

This is something I only ever hear young (late teens very early 20s) talk about. I just chalked it up to there interest in determining what is and isn't normal in regard to penis size and shape.

I dunno - my 40-something girlfriends still do it. And, for that matter, I have similar conversations with my GayBoys as well (amazing what THOSE guys can do!)

make me believe

I agree with prettybaby, I consider it a matter of my boyfriend's privacy and I don't discuss specific things like that with my girlfriends. Well, I do if I'm in a casual/FWB relationship, but not when I'm in a serious intimate relationship. Some of my friends tell EVERYTHING, though, even about their long-term boyfriends.

I personally do not discuss my sex life with my friends. .....size shape greatness ...... nothing ..... only person i am discussing with is the one i am having it with

Because it's harmless, women ruminate more than men and like another poster said- it's just one of the things that are thoroughly discussed. Plus, men are known and encouraged to kiss and tell... how is this any different?

Friends and I do not discuss penis size. If you find it so disrespectful, find a woman who agrees with you that there is no reason to discuss genitalia. Clearly, from this thread alone, plenty of us exists out there.

What you are not understanding is that we are discussing a lot more than just the schlong size. We women are bizarre and intricate creatures and amongst the girlfriends, we discuss almost EVERYTHING; from duration and strength of our periods to how we shave our legs, from our guys' schlong size to whether or not they snore in their sleep, from hair dye to dessert recipes.

You have just picked up on ONE SINGLE ITEM that we happen to chat about and are obsessing as to the WHY. It is part of our lives and what affects us, so we talk about it.

Does that make more sense?

In answer to the OP question I think this was the most realistic post. Women talk. And there are times when curiosity plays quite a strong role. For instance I've heard a couple of black chicks say that when they went out on dates with white guys that one of the first questions brought up by some of their black gfs is whether he had a small penis. Sometimes it can be apparently used a prize display if a woman wants it to be known her bf or hubby is packing. I've seen it happen, as the woman wanted to make sure that the men and the women knew her man's hung as she brought it up in a round about and proud way more than once. She made things a bit uncomfortable and seemed to enjoy doing so I thought. I think she may have had insecurity issues in some regard and was using this as way to try and get at people. That was an unsual situation though the way she tried to stronghold the gathering with this info. A number of times over the years I've overheard women talking about their new bf or date and yep penis size was brought up in all but one of those discussions. One woman didn't know I was nearby told a female work associate she couldn't believe her eyes and I could see her hands 10" apart and then made a very thick circle and then she told her she was very sore. Later on that day heard her on the phone in a low voice tell him there would not be any sex that night they would have to wait.

Edited by Mr Fractal

Women are far mroe brutal then Men with talking about what happens in the bedroom..

Ive heard women kill their husbands for having a small penis,not exactly classy..

If you're married i say you keep what happens in the bedroom private especially if its negative..My buddies never talk abot their fiances or wives prowess in the bedroom nor do i ask..

I dont get why women are like khis.. Igues you ladies just have to talk kbout every last detail of yourl life to people?

Is nothing private or sacred?

homersheineken
Because it's harmless, women ruminate more than men and like another poster said- it's just one of the things that are thoroughly discussed. Plus, men are known and encouraged to kiss and tell... how is this any different?

I don't think it's harmless. I'm a pretty private person and don't want my intimates to be grapevine fodder...

threebyfate

My RL friends and I don't discuss intimate sexual details with each other. This kind of information belongs in the bedroom. But we do discuss sex in general and generically.

Ruby Slippers
And, for that matter, I have similar conversations with my GayBoys as well (amazing what THOSE guys can do!)

Yes. I am close friends with a gay couple, and they are the only friends of mine who specifically ask about the cock and sex skillz of the man in my life. And they want DETAILS. :laugh: