LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Why oh why do women discuss their man's shlong size?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2010, 12:03 AM   #1
Established Member

Unhappy Why oh why do women discuss their man's shlong size?

I put this in dating rather than sex because it's not actually about sex.

One of the chicks I'm dating is about 9 years older than I. She recently told me she had a "discussion" with her friend and the topic turned to the shlong size of me and the dude that her friend was dating. Apparently they both said their men had large wangs.

This is nothing new to me, other girlfriends of mine have had this same discussion with their pals. But AFAIK it was when they were younger, like teens and early 20s. I didn't know 40-somethings still discussed this stuff.

Question is: WHY do women care to share the size of their guy's dong? I mean, I understand that women are very open with each other about their sexuality, but wang size? It's not like guys talk about whether their girl has large labia or whatever.

Discussing genitalia? OMG why? Is it some status thing? "Well his taste in clothing is terrible but he's got a big wonger!" or "Not only did he get that promotion at work but his flesh tube is as big as my arm!"

Enlighten me plz.
Barky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 12:29 AM   #2
Established Member

See I've never had any desire to describe my sex life to a dude. Maybe that's part of the reason I can't fathom it. Certainly I wouldn't describe the size and shape of some woman's genitalia to a guy I'm playing basketball with or whatever.

Like, "Hey nice jump shot. Oh and Katie's labia are really great."
Old 13th March 2010, 12:41 AM   #3
Established Member

eewwwwwwwww
Old 13th March 2010, 12:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barky View Post
eewwwwwwwww

eewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww? you sound like a girl
skydiveaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 12:46 AM   #5
Established Member

What you are not understanding is that we are discussing a lot more than just the schlong size. We women are bizarre and intricate creatures and amongst the girlfriends, we discuss almost EVERYTHING; from duration and strength of our periods to how we shave our legs, from our guys' schlong size to whether or not they snore in their sleep, from hair dye to dessert recipes.

You have just picked up on ONE SINGLE ITEM that we happen to chat about and are obsessing as to the WHY. It is part of our lives and what affects us, so we talk about it.

Does that make more sense?
CarrieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 12:48 AM   #6
Established Member

But suppose I don't really want her social circle to know about the shape of my genitalia because it's none of their business?

I mean really, aren't there parts of your life and your body that you'd rather your boyfriend/girlfriend not share with the world?
Old 13th March 2010, 12:59 AM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiveaddict View Post
eewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww? you sound like a girl

LOL...!...right?
tami-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 1:03 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
See I've never had any desire to describe my sex life to a dude. Maybe that's part of the reason I can't fathom it. Certainly I wouldn't describe the size and shape of some woman's genitalia to a guy I'm playing basketball with or whatever.

Like, "Hey nice jump shot. Oh and Katie's labia are really great."
I'm with you barky. What and how my girl looks like or how she is in bed is for MY enjoyment. Not anyone elses. Not that I'm a jealous guy. I am far far from that. I just think that something that intimate is supposed to be personal and sacred. Not to mention, I would find it extremely disrespectful if some guy was telling me about their girls "skills". But you are right....girls just seem to chat it up amongst themselves and almost chalk it up as their "prize". Hell, you see it on the covers of Cosmos all of the time. So I guess it's ok to talk about their guys size and skills since it's shared in a two page article. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think what's done in the bedroom between the two people should be kept there. Or maybe I'm just old fashioned.
Norville_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 1:07 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
But suppose I don't really want her social circle to know about the shape of my genitalia because it's none of their business?

I mean really, aren't there parts of your life and your body that you'd rather your boyfriend/girlfriend not share with the world?
Yep.

I don't talk about that kind of thing with my friends, and they don't talk about it, either. I wouldn't feel comfortable. Isn't intimacy supposed to be...intimate? My SO wouldn't appreciate me talking about our sex life or his body (it's his, not mine), just like I wouldn't appreciate him talking about our sex life or my body.
sweetjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 2:25 AM   #10
Established Member

I have never bragged about my man's dick size to a friend, but I have exchanged hot sex stories. It's just a way of letting each other know you're doing great and getting some awesome sex. And you can get some good ideas from it.
Ruby Slippers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 9:27 AM   #11
Established Member

If I get road head or sex any place but a bed or couch, i'm letting my friends know. LOL!

I know for a fact my STBXW told her friends I'm the only guy that could get her off on a regular basis.
phineas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 10:00 AM   #12
Established Member

This is something I only ever hear young (late teens very early 20s) talk about. I just chalked it up to there interest in determining what is and isn't normal in regard to penis size and shape.
Old 13th March 2010, 10:06 AM   #13
Established Member

I don't discuss such things with girlfriends. I consider it part of his privacy, not just mine. So it's something that is not to be shared with others.
prettybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 10:40 AM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Question is: WHY do women care to share the size of their guy's dong? I mean, I understand that women are very open with each other about their sexuality, but wang size? It's not like guys talk about whether their girl has large labia or whatever.

Discussing genitalia? OMG why? Is it some status thing? "Well his taste in clothing is terrible but he's got a big wonger!" or "Not only did he get that promotion at work but his flesh tube is as big as my arm!"

Enlighten me plz.
IME, most women don't do this. When they have done it, it was under pretty specific circumstances, such as the R had already ended, or was very, very new, and there was actually something to say about the penis in question (either really small or really large); also when the woman isn't serious about the guy.

Also, maturity and class can play a role here. (Age does not equal maturity, in case you were wondering.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercyfulFate View Post
Well guys talk about how tight women are, breast size, how good they are in bed...

Same thing I guess. Frankly if girls want to talk about my genitalia, they can go for it!
Had no idea men did this, at least not about women they actually respect.
Old 13th March 2010, 10:40 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally4sara View Post
This is something I only ever hear young (late teens very early 20s) talk about. I just chalked it up to there interest in determining what is and isn't normal in regard to penis size and shape.
I dunno - my 40-something girlfriends still do it. And, for that matter, I have similar conversations with my GayBoys as well (amazing what THOSE guys can do!)
CarrieT is offline   Reply With Quote