Why do women go crazy when rejected by a man they like?

alphamale

Whats the deal with chicks losing their minds when they get rejected by some dude they like, regardless of the type of relationship.

Whats up with all the nasty stuff and spreading rumours and bad mouthing the guy? And also being spiteful.

And then telling other girls that he's a "bad guy" and not date-worthy?

I don't see many men acting like this

Luckily, I don't see men acting like this anymore. However, back in highschool, boys definitely did spread nasty rumors about girls way more than the girls did about boys.

blind_otter

You've obviously never met any of my ex's.

Are you breaking up with these women by reciting the lyrics of "Low Self Opinion" by Rollins Band? Because that might explain why they go crazy...

Er, I don't see many women acting like this, either. Perhaps it speaks ill of the particular circles you move in.

• Author
You've obviously never met any of my ex's. ...

no i haven't

Are you breaking up with these women by reciting the lyrics of "Low Self Opinion" by Rollins Band? Because that might explain why they go crazy...

no i'm not

I`ve heard women tell people a guy who rejected them must be gay.

I think these are women with "Goddess Complexes" who really can`t fathom the idea that a man could possible find them unattractive.

threebyfate

If LS is any example, women individualize and target the person who done them wrong, whereby men just hate, disrespect and distrust the entire female gender.

Because they can't stand the blow to their ego. The fact that a man does not find them attractive is just too much for them.

• Author
If LS is any example, women individualize and target the person who done them wrong, whereby men just hate, disrespect and distrust the entire female gender.

well i have reason to suspect that this woman i dumped by text last week is spreading rumours and bad mouthing me to other people, especially to other women in our group. shes is saying things like i'm mean and an ass----- who treats womens like crap

of course this will probably get me more dates - but why would she do this?

i haven't said anything about her to anyone

Enough with these generalizations. Now, onto some actual studied behavior:

Men and women tend to deal with relationships differently. **Operative word being "tend"** Men tend to fall in love quicker, and be more effected by a woman breaking up with him. This is for many reasons, one being because when a woman and man break up- it is often the man's social standing that decreases, because typically it is the woman's more outgoing nature that provides socialization. Furthermore, men tend to have more aggressive ways with coping with a breakup- ex: punching things, substance abuse, denial, etc. Women ruminate, meaning- they review the breakup over and over and over in their heads, talk about it with their friends until they reach acceptance. It's possible the gossip you speak of is just a branch off of what researchers have identified. Rumination.

• Author
Women ruminate, meaning- they review the breakup over and over and over in their heads, talk about it with their friends until they reach acceptance. It's possible the gossip you speak of is just a branch off of what researchers have identified. Rumination.

well i don't want them "ruminating" about me

threebyfate
normally i would just split but since i've gone out with her for a month i sent her a text message. i figured it was better than nothing and at least she'll know. she sounded pretty pissed off.

the txt convo went something like this:

Dawn: So i don't have my kid this wknd. Can we get together.

Alpha: Sorry but i'm busy all wknd. I need time to think and i'm really not feeling the chemistry any more

Dawn: Thats a nice thing to say in a text - whatever :rolleyes:

Alpha: Sorry

Dawn: Don't be sorry, i should have listened when you said you weren't a nice guy

end of transmission

why should i call her after that? in retrospect i should just have blown her off and disappeared - that would have caused fewer problems. now shes sending me mean text messages saying i'm an ass**** and how im not a decent person and stuff

well i have reason to suspect that this woman i dumped by text last week is spreading rumours and bad mouthing me to other people, especially to other women in our group. shes is saying things like i'm mean and an ass----- who treats womens like crap

I quoted the above, from your other thread as a reminder, why she's so pissed off at you.
lookin2wardthefuture

I'm just going out on a limb here, but maybe she's bad-mouthing you because you dumped her via text. Not very manly, nor very alpha. Next time have balls enough to tell a woman gently, and in person.:mad:

I quoted the above, from your other thread as a reminder, why she's so pissed off at you.

Yeah people generally don't like being used and discarded like yesterday's newspaper.

• Author

i know WHY shes pissed but what is the point of spreading falsities and innuendo to other people?

I'm just going out on a limb here, but maybe she's bad-mouthing you because you dumped her via text. Not very manly, nor very alpha. Next time have balls enough to tell a woman gently, and in person.:mad:

well at least i had the courtesy to tell her even if it was by text. that is a valid form of communication now a days. i think she would have bad-mouthed me no matter how i dumped her.

Oh yeah.....right. As though you've dated men and know what they do when they get dumped. Nasty crank calls at 3am, keying up your paint, trying to get their cousin to jump you at a club, or telling your co workers lies to make you look bad....

Try it out; you'll see. It isn't a gender thing. Its a crazy brat thing.

• Author
Oh yeah.....right. As though you've dated men and know what they do when they get dumped. Nasty crank calls at 3am, keying up your paint, trying to get their cousin to jump you at a club, or telling your co workers lies to make you look bad....

Try it out; you'll see. It isn't a gender thing. Its a crazy brat thing.

i'm sure men do this stuff but its mostly the realm of women. yea so some dude gets dumped he may tell a few guys but when women become spiteful they announce it to the world. and we all know how women can't keep a secret. and if you tell one women she tells 10 more and those 10 tell ten more each

threebyfate

1. Boy meets girl and they date 6 times.
  2. Boy dumps girl via abrupt text message.
  3. Girl is upset by not only being dumped but by being dumped via abrupt text message.
  4. Girl thinks boy is an jerk for doing this.
  5. Girl tells others boy is a jerk.

What part is difficult to understand?

i'm sure men do this stuff but its mostly the realm of women. yea so some dude gets dumped he may tell a few guys but when women become spiteful they announce it to the world. and we all know how women can't keep a secret. and if you tell one women she tells 10 more and those 10 tell ten more each

Are you high or something?

Come back after you've dated men. I've at least dated a few women.

• Author
  1. Boy meets girl and they date 6 times.
  2. Boy dumps girl via abrupt text message.
  3. Girl is upset by not only being dumped but by being dumped via abrupt text message.
  4. Girl thinks boy is an jerk for doing this.
  5. Girl tells others boy is a jerk.

What part is difficult to understand?

part 5...there is no need to tell others just to ruin my reputation and get back at me. so it didn't work out, big deal?

threebyfate
part 5...there is no need to tell others just to ruin my reputation and get back at me. so it didn't work out, big deal?
Let's shift the perspective. What does she gain from not saying anything? At present, she doesn't give a crap about your feelings, since you've not shown any respect for hers.
  • Author
Let's shift the perspective. What does she gain from not saying anything? At present, she doesn't give a crap about your feelings, since you've not shown any respect for hers.

well then i'll just start spreading rumours about her. i'll also bad-mouth her to all the guys saying she was a walking freezing unit and just used me for free meals and she wouldn't put out. i'll also tell them some secrets that she told me while drunk.

that'll show her :mad:

deux ex machina

You're doing the right thing now. What you did wasn't exactly kosher - but neither is what she is doing at the moment. It's so passive-aggressive. Meh...

If you confront any aspect of this behavior, she'll likely deny it and take it as an opportunity to let you/others know that you are this-and-that (probably crazy/mentally whatever or you want her/jus jellus - this is the maturity level you are dealing with). Which would just play into her putting-you-down agenda.

Don't say anything about her. It will be used against you, and it will be used to make you look bad.

It's an ego thing. And an emotional immaturity thing. Both genders do it, but thankfully far from all of them do.

Some people do it temporarily, but then their sense of what's right and wrong comes in and sort of check themselves and back off.

Ah, human nature. Delightful.