Same Sex Crush

TW2010

Not sure "dating" is the right spot for this.

However, if you'd actually developed a real "crush" on a member of the same sex, then you're most likely not straight, but Bi-sexual.

Oh srry, I wasnt sure where to post it and I thought that it would be a dating type question if 2 people were to eventually date.

Hey, no problem at all :)

Welcome to LS.

As for "How do you handle if you've developed a crush", the first step would be to try and figure out the sexual orientation of your crush I guess.

Observation should tell you pretty quickly.

Failing that, spend more time together and see if anything develops.

Edited by neowulf
Has anyone evr had a crush on a member of the same sx? If you are straight, how do u handle it if you start liking a membr of the opp sex?

If you have a crush on a member of the same sex, you are not straight. Thus, your question is moot.

• Author
Hey, no problem at all :)

Welcome to LS.

As for "How do you handle if you've developed a crush", the first step would be to try and figure out the sexual orientation of your crush I guess.

Observation should tell you pretty quickly.

Failing that, spend more time together and see if anything develops.

Thx neo! I posted my first ques wrong like Johnny said, I meant can you be gay but develop a crush on a member of opposte sex and realize ur not gay afterall?

One crush doesn't really do much indicating in re: your overall sexuality. Plenty of people who identify strongly as hetero or homo have experienced a little confusing crush once in their lives, particularly when they were kind of younger and still figuring everything out. Bicurious is not quite the same as bisexual, nor is bisexual necessarily the same as gay, although they all can sometimes be gateways into each other.

OP, sometimes you will get flak for it, but it is okay to explore your sexuality as long as it is all consensual. Some people take a very narrow view of sex and gender roles, others have more curiosity, take a little longer to figure out where they fit in the world and like a little more flexibility. Some people are 'mostly' straight or 'mostly' gay but can get their heads turned by something special on the 'other team.' Not everyone can be neatly labeled...and IMO, that's a good thing, keeps things interesting.

Read up on human sexuality studies, try Googling "Kinsey scale" as a starting off point. Be respectful of whoever your interest is focused on, male or female, hetero or not. Spend time with them and get to know their likes and dislikes. If you are curious about exploring homosexuality and you happen to live in a closed-minded, culturally repressive area it's probably a good idea to be discreet and mindful of your safety while you experiment, at least in the beginning while you're still sounding things out. If things get sexual, protect yourself against diseases/preganancy/whatever.

Above all, have fun, and good luck pursuing your crush!

Ummm...I have a man-crush on Jason Statham...and Gerard Butler...and bananaboat on LS...:o

Great taste :love:.

I am not to sure on the depth on your crush..or where you are in life ...but I have plenty girl crushes...but that all it is ,it is a crush..but like I said I dont know your situation but hope you get it worked out

Oh the things I would do with Scarlett Johansson