I saw my brother in law with a coworker -- should I tell my sister?

frenchgirl

I was on a date at an IMAX movie theatre when I saw my sister's boyfriend from afar. He was with a woman who was standing close to him and constantly laughing.

Do you think I should tell my sister about this or should I mind my own business?

I was on a date at an IMAX movie theatre when I saw my sister's boyfriend from afar. He was with a woman who was standing close to him and constantly laughing.

Do you think I should tell my sister about this or should I mind my own business?

neither. go directly to HIM and ask. it's that simple, you always go to the person to whom to have the question, otherwise you are creating unnecessary gossip.

Ask her where he was that evening (according to what he might have told her....) You don't know yet what reason he gave her....

If she says he was working that evening, or out with the guys, then you have the right to confront him, and tell him you saw him, and that your sister was under the impression he was somewhere else, or doing something else.....

And that you might mention it to your sister, unless he'd like to do so first....?

neither. go directly to HIM and ask. it's that simple, you always go to the person to whom to have the question, otherwise you are creating unnecessary gossip.

Agreed. Plus you need to be sure of what you really saw before you tell your sister anything. It could be innocent. Tell him, see how he reacts and if need be, give him an ultimatum - i.e. he tells her within ? days or you will.

• Author

Sorry I failed to mention a few details.

My sister knew he'd go out with a former coworker to catch up since they'd been out of touch for a while.

What she doesn't know is that they went to IMAX and were acting like they were very close. Not intimately close, but very close.

Sorry I failed to mention a few details.

My sister knew he'd go out with a former coworker to catch up since they'd been out of touch for a while.

What she doesn't know is that they went to IMAX and were acting like they were very close. Not intimately close, but very close.

so ask him!

Jersey Shortie

Speak to him first, see what he says. It's natural for you to want to look out for your sister, as you should. But you don't want to start putting ideas in her head if they aren't the truth.

If it were MY sister's boyfriend i'd probably ask him in between punches to the head.

But that is just me.

Now my little brother? He's over protective.

They probably wouldn't find the body. :)

Probably it comes down to what kind of relationship you have with your sister.

My relationship with my sister is such that if either of us found ourselves in that situation we would've gone up the other's boyfriend, chatted with him and his "friend"/friend, and probably sat with them through the movie.

That would've allowed us to gauge the situation and make a judgment call on whether it was inappropriate/worth bringing up.

I'm a girl, but I'm more likely to react more along these lines:

If it were MY sister's boyfriend i'd probably ask him in between punches to the head.

But that is just me.

Now my little brother? He's over protective.

They probably wouldn't find the body. :)