Tips on meeting quality men

OnlyJake

Last night I brainstormed places I'm going to hit on men this week.

I usually make coffee at home, but decided to start buying it at a cafe on my way to work; I like coffee, so that's a good place to start - we already have something in common.

Bookstore - I like literate men, and men with large vocabularies! I'm going to avoid the manga and self-help sections though. I think I'm going to stick to: history, literature, and maybe mysteries. No finance or marketing, because that might be a bad sign (unless he's looking at books on opening his own business or something). Also going to avoid the political section, which may be hard to do, since it's so close to history.

The grocery store - but I'm going to avoid the condom aisle.

I may meet someone at HH, but generally I'm against using the bar scene to form quality relationships.

What do you think? I need to add to my list.

Last night I brainstormed places I'm going to hit on men this week.

I usually make coffee at home, but decided to start buying it at a cafe on my way to work; I like coffee, so that's a good place to start - we already have something in common.

Bookstore - I like literate men, and men with large vocabularies! I'm going to avoid the manga and self-help sections though. I think I'm going to stick to: history, literature, and maybe mysteries. No finance or marketing, because that might be a bad sign (unless he's looking at books on opening his own business or something). Also going to avoid the political section, which may be hard to do, since it's so close to history.

The grocery store - but I'm going to avoid the condom aisle.

I may meet someone at HH, but generally I'm against using the bar scene to form quality relationships.

I do not think you should make a LIST on the first place.

Despite what we always say to men about bars, they are a woman's best bet IMO. The ratio is just too good and there are quality people there early at HH. Look for heavy employment clusters of the types of men you want. Office parks, health complexes, etc. Then look within a .5 mile radius of those clusters for the bars with the most popular HHs. This will take lots of fun experimentation, hopping in a place, scoping around, moving to next.

You want 5-10 places on your roster, easy to move between, comfortable pub type places that attract men, not chichi places with expensive drinks. Once you have your roster of places, you will need a wingwoman or man who has similar goals as you. An attractive woman is best. You and your wing are going to rotate between these spots a couple nights a week.

You will go in a place, and if there are enough prospects inside, go to the bar and order club soda, something clear that could be a drink, sit at the bar or stand near it if full, and have a light conversation with your wing, but an open stance to the room, frequently looking around, happy and smiling. Your excuse for not drinking is "I have to drive" of course. You will have your club soda and then leave, tip the bartender or waitron a dollar, but leave no matter what. Nix places that charge for club soda. This will prompt whatever guys are talking to you to ask for your phone number. Leave slowly so guys who have been scoping you have a chance to approach. Stay still, don't move around. Be approachable.

If you do these things at the right places, I have no doubt you will fill your roster much more quickly than hanging out at the grocery or bookstores. Remember you want men as they get off from work, as they have JOBS, CARS, and other indicia of not being a starving student who will have you doing shooters and playing rock star again :laugh: Moreover, they have a cocktail in them, and will approach faster and easier. Once you give out a phone number in a place, move to the next immediately. Your goal is to rotate among 5ish places for 30 minutes each and then get home by 7-8.

The big key is to stay completely sober, and save your partying for other times. Staying sober will allow you to work your plan without spending money or ruining your health :D Wednesday and Thursday are good for this kind of prospecting. Results will improve over time as men see you at a particular place a couple of times.

Or if this sounds like too much work, you can just pay a small monthly fee and put up a dating site profile. You will get lots of non-qualified noise, but no different than bars. If you go this route, I and others here who date online can help you. Can tell you anything you need to know about how to do online right. You can blend both approaches too.

Like individuals tend to flock together. If you're looking for a particular kind of partner with similar interests, the larger your social network, the more likely you'll meet someone interesting. In other words, house parties, cocktail affairs, dinner parties, galas, etc., where you get to meet friends of friends. The best part is that with friends of friends, you also have someone who can vouch for this person.

Why are you going to avoid the condom aisle ha ha :D

Er places to meet men...how about the gym and the diy store?

clueless haha

don't wear lip gloss, i hate it! its a turn off JMO i like the natural look..

that said, dangly earrings are always a plus

I think you're on the right path. You have the right attitude. My best advice is to look your "sexiest classy casual". That means you do up your hair, makeup, nice casual clothes, etc...when you venture out.

Biggest mistake I see a lot of single women do is they drastically limit where they'll allow men to approach them. So they'll get off work, go to the gym, then go to the grocery store in their sweaty gym clothes before heading home. In any of those spots they do not want men talking to them, simply because they believe they look horrible there. Yet they'll doll themselves up to go to the bars with the gal pals, and wonder why only douchebags approach them.

Just look presentable, be open, sociable, and smile. Don't hide behind sunglasses with iPod headphones and/or buried in a book. Notice who's around, toss a smile when a guy notices you. You get the point.

I'd also tell you to look into sociable things that happen in those spots. Maybe the weeknight cooking seminar at the grocery store (some do that). The book signing/lecture thing at the bookstore. The night some guy brings his two buddies and they play folk music at the cafe...when a lot of people come out.

Life just isn't bars and clubs. Many places have sociable things happening.

Awesome Username
don't wear lip gloss, i hate it! its a turn off JMO i like the natural look..

that said, dangly earrings are always a plus

LOL at the intense love for dangly earrings! :lmao:

• Author
Despite what we always say to men about bars, they are a woman's best bet IMO. The ratio is just too good and there are quality people there early at HH. Look for heavy employment clusters of the types of men you want. Office parks, health complexes, etc. Then look within a .5 mile radius of those clusters for the bars with the most popular HHs. This will take lots of fun experimentation, hopping in a place, scoping around, moving to next.

You want 5-10 places on your roster, easy to move between, comfortable pub type places that attract men, not chichi places with expensive drinks. Once you have your roster of places, you will need a wingwoman or man who has similar goals as you. An attractive woman is best. You and your wing are going to rotate between these spots a couple nights a week.

You will go in a place, and if there are enough prospects inside, go to the bar and order club soda, something clear that could be a drink, sit at the bar or stand near it if full, and have a light conversation with your wing, but an open stance to the room, frequently looking around, happy and smiling. Your excuse for not drinking is "I have to drive" of course. You will have your club soda and then leave, tip the bartender or waitron a dollar, but leave no matter what. Nix places that charge for club soda. This will prompt whatever guys are talking to you to ask for your phone number. Leave slowly so guys who have been scoping you have a chance to approach. Stay still, don't move around. Be approachable.

If you do these things at the right places, I have no doubt you will fill your roster much more quickly than hanging out at the grocery or bookstores. Remember you want men as they get off from work, as they have JOBS, CARS, and other indicia of not being a starving student who will have you doing shooters and playing rock star again :laugh: Moreover, they have a cocktail in them, and will approach faster and easier. Once you give out a phone number in a place, move to the next immediately. Your goal is to rotate among 5ish places for 30 minutes each and then get home by 7-8.

The big key is to stay completely sober, and save your partying for other times. Staying sober will allow you to work your plan without spending money or ruining your health :D Wednesday and Thursday are good for this kind of prospecting. Results will improve over time as men see you at a particular place a couple of times.

Or if this sounds like too much work, you can just pay a small monthly fee and put up a dating site profile. You will get lots of non-qualified noise, but no different than bars. If you go this route, I and others here who date online can help you. Can tell you anything you need to know about how to do online right. You can blend both approaches too.

Like individuals tend to flock together. If you're looking for a particular kind of partner with similar interests, the larger your social network, the more likely you'll meet someone interesting. In other words, house parties, cocktail affairs, dinner parties, galas, etc., where you get to meet friends of friends. The best part is that with friends of friends, you also have someone who can vouch for this person.

Great advice meerkat and TBF, thanks!

Why are you going to avoid the condom aisle ha ha :D

Er places to meet men...how about the gym and the diy store?

There's another thread floating around here about why I'll be avoiding meeting men in that location ;)

The OP is a dude, no?

Nope; I'm a girl, Jake is a nickname, and I just <3 Clint Eastwood westerns, they're so rugged and badass.

• Author
You are making this way too complicated if you are even remotely attractive.

Dress nice, wear pink lip gloss, and dangly earrings.

Then whereever you are, if you see a guy you like, catch his eye, smile, and wink at him.

That's it.

Na, I'm doing this for several reasons, including increasing my number of potentials.

You miss 100% shots of the shots you don't take! It's my new motto. Kinda.

LOL at the intense love for dangly earrings! :lmao:

I had an ex who hated dangly earrings, but loved lipgloss...so there you go. Funny, as much as we try, we cannot categorize peoples likes and dislikes.

To OP, just go about your business and be open to meeting someone, it wil happen when it happens.

clueless haha
I had an ex who hated dangly earrings, but loved lipgloss...so there you go. Funny, as much as we try, we cannot categorize peoples likes and dislikes.

To OP, just go about your business and be open to meeting someone, it wil happen when it happens.

lol!! i couldn't stand it when my ex would wear lip gloss, i would wana kiss her but i didn't like the sticky, sweet smelling mess. as for the dangly earrings, they are plain sexy, they remind me of the 80's << a time that i think looks like was a lot of fun, FYI i was born in 91

skydiveaddict

go skydiving. you'll meet tons of guys. BTW, I love both lip gloss and dangly earrings Yumm

• Author
Museums and art galleries, especially at opening events.

Have you ever met men there? I'm just interested, because I frequently go to both, and am a member of 2 museums (for the openings and other events) and have found that most of the men there are with their wives. Maybe I shouldn't give up on that venue just yet ;)

Museums and art galleries, especially at opening events.

straight men don't go to museuems and those artsy-fartsy galleries :rolleyes:

straight men don't go to museuems and those artsy-fartsy galleries :rolleyes:
Actually, they do. Just a different calibre of man, than you.
  • Author
Also, try the bail bonds joints. (I'm awesome, and I've been to jail twice. You can tell us apart by the clean nails).

Bail bonds is a great idea...I think I might be more interested in the bounty hunters than the convicts though :laugh:

quality men mean jerks

I'll jerk you...right out of this thread! :mad: Don't even start that crap :rolleyes: That statement doesn't have anything to do with my OP.