Suddenly stopped talking

aroll32

Hi, I am a freshman in college and recently had a thing with this girl. We started talking over Christmas break, around the beginning of December. We texted every day throughout the break. I met her last summer and she seemed really cool and I felt some sort of connection with her since then. We saw each other randomly throughout last semester but very little. So during the break I started seeing her a lot more. Eventually I asked her on a date. It went well, so then after me offering to bring her something to eat after she got her wisdom teeth out, she asked me to go see a movie with her. That went well too. So she came over a couple times and even slept over one night.

A couple weeks ago, when she moved back into her dorms and such she stopped talking to me as much, and even apologized for being indecisive and flaky. So, after so unnecessary over analyzations, I eventually got up the nerve to ask her what she wanted. She told me she wanted to talk over the semester and see what happens over the breaks and next summer. I go to school about an hour away from her.

Recently, she stopped calling and texting. I haven't called in a while because the last time I did, she didn't answer and still hasn't called back. The last time I talked to her on the phone was over a week ago.

What is the deal? I know she doesn't want a relationship and neither do I, but why just stop talking to me altogether? I really haven't done anything to overwhelm her other than telling her I really like her. Is this normal?

It's quite normal. Sounds like you were a Christmas-break fling and nothing more. If neither of y'all want a relationship, then what's the point of keeping in touch? It'll just complicate things.

• Author

Well, she said over the phone she wants to keep talking and hang out. I know she likes me and had feelings for me, maybe not as much anymore, but I really don't as much either. Mostly because she gave me a lot of signals to make me believe she wanted something more and it hurt when she stopped talking to me. I don't want to think it was just a Christmas break fling because she showed a lot of affection towards me and gave me a lot of signals she wanted to be in a relationship, but I learned that she isn't a relationship girl. She hasn't ever had one

You're young, and there is no need to confine yourself to a long-distance relationship. Though an hour is not that far, it's still a pain. Don't beat yourself up over this girl.

• Author

Thanks, it's just hard because I thought there was something else. She was the first girl I have actually really liked a lot. And I thought she liked me a lot too. Well, my friend said she told her that she did like me a lot and just didn't know what to do.

So I guess I am just going back to the way it was for now. Because we live in the same town, and next year I am probably going to the same school as her. Should be interesting what happens.

Yep, don't let yourself be confined to this situation. If she wants to keep hanging out with you then she will call you back and offer an explanation (a pretty damn good one). It is hard when you have that feeling for her but if she's unsure then that's a warning sign for you.

skydiveaddict

to be honest, if neither of you wants a relationship, i cant see why you're even concerned about it

Next time don't tell her you really like her. You took the fun out of it. Now you aren't a mystery and she can always fall back on you.

• Author

Yeah I guess your right. But I mean I thought it was obvious. I don't want a relationship now, but I still want to be friends. I just can't tell what she wants. But then again she probably doesn't know what I want anymore because I stopped calling