Social and status and money on a guy

skydiveaddict

Citizen Erased

As long as they're nice, clean and sober and can support themself, I'm good. I've been told I'm still like that because I'm young but I also was not raised to expect a man to support me. And social status means zero to me.

As long as they're nice, clean and sober and can support themself, I'm good. I've been told I'm still like that because I'm young but I also was not raised to expect a man to support me. And social status means zero to me.

I agree! :)

I also was not raised to expect a man to support me. And social status means zero to me.

I was raised this way as well. My parents were married, but both of them work. My mother would have been able to take care of me and my brother alone. She did it after my father died. There is a huge difference between me and my female cousins. They believe a man has to take care of them and it's okay if he cheats as long as he's bringing home money. :confused: I think that is insane, pathetic, and degrading. Yet, I'm the crazy one. :rolleyes:

Ladies: truly how does a man's wealth and social staus impress you as far as dating him?

I am not a lady but I can tell you with confidence on this one.

What type of wealth you are talking about?

Lets assume it is a financial one :)

Money doesn't help in relationships. In fact, in most cases in counter-productive.

Did you know that if women see your WEALTH, they are LESS likely to sleep with you ... because they see you as the provider, not the seducer.

Money does not satisfy a woman emotionally.

With money you can buy lap-dancers & strippers, but not a relationship or NOT a 'normal' woman.

So money are not relevant in relationships.

In terms of social status ... yeah this is the one that is important.

Women look great, like models, they seek men with higher social status FOR EXCHANGE for their beauty. Well, it has nothing to do with trading, but it has something to do with marketing. I am not going there now :)

Wealth and social status (impressive on the surface) are things easily lost in a relatively short amount of time...especially if you live in Michigan! LOL.

I am more impressed with a guy who is not out to impress anyone, or looking for acceptance. If he is successful and has a hearty social status it's because of who he is...not because he thinks he should or has to be. Otherwise the bitter chip on his shoulder cancels out the rest. ;)

If ya know what I mean? :o

Awesome Username

Yes it does. If it goes with being a womanizing jerk though, all of that doesn't make up for it.

But yeah. Try as I might to not think about it, some primal urge inside of me is impressed.

I am not a lady but I can tell you with confidence on this one.

What type of wealth you are talking about?

Lets assume it is a financial one :)

Money doesn't help in relationships. In fact, in most cases in counter-productive.

Did you know that if women see your WEALTH, they are LESS likely to sleep with you ... because they see you as the provider, not the seducer.

Money does not satisfy a woman emotionally.

With money you can buy lap-dancers & strippers, but not a relationship or NOT a 'normal' woman.

So money are not relevant in relationships.

In terms of social status ... yeah this is the one that is important.

Women look great, like models, they seek men with higher social status FOR EXCHANGE for their beauty. Well, it has nothing to do with trading, but it has something to do with marketing. I am not going there now :)

Very much False.

It's false because not all beautiful women are looking for money and status. What is that anyway? Especially status....., who cares????? Some beautiful women want love and happiness and money nor status will ever guarantee that.

All else equal, money and status alter women's perception of basic character traits.

Imagine an average, okay guy with some off-beat hobby, and has a dry, and sometimes insulting, sense of humor. If the same guy drives a corolla and hass the accompanying lifestyle, he'd probably be dismissed as an immature, unreliable dude with poor social skills, while if he drives an A8 (and has the accompanying lifestyle) he'd probably be characterized as "excentric" and "enigmatic". :rolleyes:

While money are probably not the primary factor, women are willing to overlook a lot if they are present.

Yes, but if there is a hot, sexy guy with no money and an okay guy with lots of money, I think most women would be attracted to the hot guy first. Money and cars are nice but you can't sleep in their arms at night. It's all about who turns you on physically and emotionally.

This, and the teeth thing. Yup. Gotta have good teeth.

This, and the teeth thing. Yup. Gotta have good teeth.

They have 'take out' for that ;)

So far, all else being equal, perceived wealth and status have been a factor. Perception is the key word. Men carry their wealth and status differently, necessarily attracting different kinds of people, both in quality and quantity. It's pretty easy to fly below the radar of most who would be attracted in such a way by living a relatively inconspicuous life. Minimal flash, small group of close friends, not being 'seen'. In fact, at nearly all levels of stability, IME, it's quite easy to go unnoticed. Just go about one's business and not seek out attention. If you do get noticed, in most cases, perception of your pile will be a factor. It's the way of the capitalist world :)

Bad partners come in all income brackets. So do good ones.

In my personal experience...I started out in relationships having no financial priority. In some , I made more than my partner. To say money doesnt make a difference...well, that was not my experience. Couples struggling financially are under stress that leads to arguments, unhappiness, worries, anxiety , etc. Money does make life easier, thats hard to dispute. Also, it seems to me that the stress of not feeling like you are as successful financially as you wish to be seems to weigh heavily on many men - even if there partners are perfectly content.

Financially successful men just seem, in my experience, happier in general, more self confident, and ready to take on relationships.

But like I said - jerks and good guys come in all income brackets.

It's false because not all beautiful women are looking for money and status. What is that anyway? Especially status....., who cares????? Some beautiful women want love and happiness and money nor status will ever guarantee that.

That is interesting observation :)

By status I mean, a man who's confident, dominant (not controling), having lots of friends & influence. By social status I mean to be an authority figure as well.

Poor dear, you do not even know what you are looking from a man as a woman :) That's a shame :D

Money is not the real thing, money is something external and tangible. Is that something to do with happiness, love ect. ? No!

I know very rich and yet unhappy people, their relationships sucks!

Not all women put a lot of emphasis on money or social status. However some do. There are men who suddenly got a lot more women. Once they became rich, famous and / or powerful. I doubt that was a coincidence.

Ladies: truly how does a man's wealth and social staus impress you as far as dating him?

Wealth and social status are always a plus. Some women place more importance on it than others, but it's still a relevant factor for every woman, from your typical NYC gold digger to a hardcore feminist university prof type. Women who say that wealth and status don't matter are lying.

Not all women put a lot of emphasis on money or social status. However some do. There are men who suddenly got a lot more women. Once they became rich, famous and / or powerful. I doubt that was a coincidence.

Right, these rich men got a lot of women around them ... but these women have NO RELATIONSHIP with these men. They just stand there ... without even knowing that rich person.

Have you been in LA?

In some club there?

All the celebraties have attractive women around them, but none of them have ACTUAL woman by their side, NOT EVEN FOR sex.

You have to trust me on this one, I know it is non-sense to believe, but hell ... understanding women and how they behave is sometimes a non-sense to men too.

Most rich men, do not even get SEX from these attractive women, because he's seen as a PROVIDER, rather than something in more sexual terms. Try to think at this perspective.

To say money doesnt make a difference...well, that was not my experience. Couples struggling financially are under stress that leads to arguments, unhappiness, worries, anxiety , etc. Money does make life easier, thats hard to dispute. Also, it seems to me that the stress of not feeling like you are as successful financially as you wish to be seems to weigh heavily on many men - even if there partners are perfectly content.

Financially successful men just seem, in my experience, happier in general, more self confident, and ready to take on relationships.

100% agree.

But like I said - jerks and good guys come in all income brackets.

You said it yourself, financially successful men seem IN MY EXPERIENCE ... stop for a sec. !!! How CAN U SEE ANOTHER person from YOUR experience?

This is not what is really going on from their perspective. Learn to see things from other people's perspectives!

I disagree with you, dude! All this crap you see from your pespective IS NOT REAL.

Do yourself a favor, do a research on social conditioning, hopefully you will wake up one day and say ... damn I love myself, because i did not allow this tangible things to mess up with my life :)

Edited by Itzo

Why do newbies keep thinking 2sure's a man? :D

One, in general, she's right. Women perceive moneyed and status'd guys that way. Some are. Money insulates one from their problems. Watch Tiger Woods for a great example of that. Women like a man who is in control of himself and his destiny. Money is control in our capitalist world.

There are negatives too, but that doesn't impact the *perception*, IMO. My experience, from the male side of the table, lines up pretty well with 2sure's. She's seen both sides of the money/power dynamic and knows the truths.

Our experiences and perceptions are pretty much what all of us base our lives, questions, and answers on. I would never speak to anyone else's experience. To do so would be self righteous and naive.

Our experiences and perceptions are pretty much what all of us base our lives, questions, and answers on. I would never speak to anyone else's experience. To do so would be self righteous and naive.

Right, but you did it ! Admit it!!! It is very important you do so .. and just move on.

It is valuable to hear other people what they have to say ... what worries them ... because the same things that worries THEM ... and the very same that worries YOU. Here is the cool part ... when you see what people worries them, and somehow you are identified with that thing, it just stops worrying you anymore. ;) because you see its uselesness.