Do people like actually meet person to person in these kind of sites?

HLUB

Well if you go over the past threads on LS, you'll notice that more than enough people opt for online dating.

It's all about personal preference.

I love online dating simply for the fact that I can weed out people with a click of a button.

• Author
Well if you go over the past threads on LS, you'll notice that more than enough people opt for online dating.

I love online dating simply for the fact that I can weed out people with a click of a button.

Rofl. I guess that works.

well i just got on match.com to see if maybe i will meet someone.i think i just want to meet new people in my life but so far it hasnt been good to me.but i guess ill keep trying i have nothing to lose.

• Author
well i just got on match.com to see if maybe i will meet someone.i think i just want to meet new people in my life but so far it hasnt been good to me.but i guess ill keep trying i have nothing to lose.

I guess it is easier for people to be open on the internet. I feel ya.

i think HLUB is talking about LS users meeting in real life, not online dating

i think HLUB is talking about LS users meeting in real life, not online dating

No, no, I'm pretty sure she was referring to online dating.

I can however say I have never ever met anyone off of LS.

• Author
No, no, I'm pretty sure she was referring to online dating.

I can however say I have never ever met anyone off of LS.

I asked if anybody here had actually met in real life and have successful relationships.

Yes, sure they do.

But after a good few years or so of being friends on the forum..then social network..possibly phone ect ect....

I'm not that brave lol..but now I feel that I may be better willing to do it more than I ever did.. It might be the thing that could get me out of my shell.

Just wondering. Never really believed in an online relationship.

Online dating is becoming more common in todays age. I know so many people who have met their SO's through online dating. One guy on here met his wife through online dating.

I think alot of factors play in to the reason for an increase in online dating. The economy for one. Its alot cheaper than going out to the bar or somewhere else. Gives you more options as well, plus its easier for those who are the shy type.

As far as here goes, it is very possible.:love: Never believed in long distance anything until a certain someone caught my attention.

stevejohnson1976

If anyone wants a little bit of stevejohnson, feel free to PM me;)

hahahaha

never thought of this as a place to meet people...just get great advice

Well yes people do actually meet in real life from on-line dating sites, but a lot of weeding out occurs before that initial meeting usually. I'm date #4 with a guy I met on-line. We both made it through the radar so to speak, actually I decided to go out with him because I've weeded out guys for too long and I'm due for some human interaction. Plus I thought he was attractive for a 44 year old man, which I usually weed out older than 40 because well I'm 35 and it just seems old is all. But now that we've dated I guess God has been trying to tell me something, since a lot of the men interested in me were older some as old as 50 which is just much too old if they're closer in age to my mother they're definitely out.

SoulSearch_CO
Just wondering. Never really believed in an online relationship.

There seems to be some confusion. Do you mean people meeting HERE as in on this forum: Loveshack. Then meeting IRL? This forum actually was not designed to be a dating site. It's for people to connect and give/get advice about dating in general. That aside, I have HEARD of people meeting on this forum and meeting IRL, but I don't have firsthand knowledge of it and think it's pretty rare. ;)

But that being said - if you mean just people meeting online ANYWHERE, yes. I met the guy I'm dating right now through an online meetup group. ;)