Big hoop earrings

Goatsbreath

Does this mean anything about a girl? I know black girls tend to like big hoop earrings but what about a white girl. She also has a big butt, not huge, actually really nice but It honestly made me guess that she might be into black guys but then she brought it up and said...."I get hit on a lot by black guys, my sister dates black guys almost exclusively and gets treated like **** most times. I'm not attracted to them and never have dated one"

Anyway, I'm not really concerned about the black guy thing but I'm concerned its some other status thing that I don't know much about with the younger crowd. I'm 34, shes 22. So...whats the deal. A friend of mine, around 22 actually asked me if she wore big hoops when i was talking about her then told me to stay away. I was at a bon-fire and we were both drunk and the conversation never got past that point or turned....whats it mean? Is she making a statement?

A friend of mine, around 22 actually asked me if she wore big hoops when i was talking about her then told me to stay away. I was at a bon-fire and we were both drunk and the conversation never got past that point or turned....whats it mean? Is she making a statement?

Not totally sure I understand what your asking here. You want to know if wearing large hoop earrings is a way to attract black guys??

• Author

NO..I thought that at first but then she appeared into me so I went with it. I'm more concerned it means something like she is slutty or something. I don't know? Why would my friend ask me if she wore big hoop earrings and then tell me to stay away? I'm thinking there is a status thing in younger people or something.

A friend of mine, around 22 actually asked me if she wore big hoops when i was talking about her then told me to stay away...whats it mean? Is she making a statement?

I think it means she was wondering if she was ghetto.

I'm more concerned it means something like she is slutty or something.

Seriously??

Look, the big hoops is more of an age thing. My boyfriend's girls wear big hoops all the time and they are virgins. This girl is 22 so I wouldn't be surprised that she wears them.

Btw,

The white girls (at least here in LA) that start hanging out with the cholas (mexican gangs) or black girls start to look like them and imitate their style.

Here is one pic. I think your friend was referring to something like this.

I don't know about anyone else but at 34 years old, I still wear a large platinum pair that my beloved deceased grandmother gifted me, over 10 years ago. I've had less than one handful of lovers, where I married two of them...so...you can't exactly call me a "slut" by any stretch of the imagination. :laugh:

In essence, earrings are fashion statements or as above paragraph, meaningful mementos.

• Author
I don't think hoop earrings would necessarily mean she's a slut. A tongue ring, now that is a pretty dead give away.

ok, yeah she also has her tongue pierced.....lol. But so did I back in the day.....and I know other girls that have tongue pierced and I don't think they are sluts. hmm

Goat, have fun with her but by no means treat this as anything that would actually go somewhere. From the information you've given and my experience (i'm from hoop earring heaven) it's just a losing proposition to think that it would last. Especially after her ex gets out of prison....

burning 4 revenge
Btw,

The white girls (at least here in LA) that start hanging out with the cholas (mexican gangs) or black girls start to look like them and imitate their style.

Here is one pic. I think your friend was referring to something like this.

:laugh: So chola is a mexican version of chonga

My cousin Eunice is a chonga

OP does she speak in Spanglish throwing out a lot of poorly executed Ebonics

InspiredbyYou

Dude you are 34 and out of touch. Your friend wants to know if she is a hoochie mama. There I said it. It means is she a ghetto rough neck or is she a classy chick.