Is he losing interest?

lillovergirl

I've been dating this guy for 10 months (we broke up for a couple of months and got back together.) We broke up because of a misunderstanding; he was really busy with purchasing a new home and construction on it. I intiated the talk that led us getting back together.

So we have been back together since right before Thanksgiving and we get along great when we are together and he seems really happy to have me around. But he doesn't call me like he used to. I spent last weekend with him and have not spoken to him since. He used to call me almost everyday.

Do men do this when they get comfortable? Or could be losing interest in me and the relationship?

We are both in our late 30s and divorced, he has a young daughter and I have a teenage son.

I want to talk to him about it BUT he is still pretty busy with his house. He was still not completely unpacked when I was there last weekend. So I don't want to pressure him with this when he has a lot to do and is extremely busy.

I love in and care about him lot BUT I don't want to stay in a relationship that is a deadend either. When we are together, he is very attentive. But I miss the calls. And when I feel like I am making all the contact, it doesn't feel as special and onesided.

Thanks for your input.

So we have been back together since right before Thanksgiving and we get along great when we are together and he seems really happy to have me around. But he doesn't call me like he used to. I spent last weekend with him and have not spoken to him since. He used to call me almost everyday..

thats only like 2 weeks ago

thats only like 2 weeks ago

Agreed. You need to give it more time before you become a major priority again. Plus, he is doing construction on his house. Take a deep breath and relax a bit. Things will be fine.

• Author

Thanks for the replies. I guess I thought we would just jump back into things and they would be like the were before, that we had not moved that far backward. I guess not.

He pursued me so hotly in the begining of the relationship and now it feels like the tables have turned some and it makes me feel uncertain. But it does seem that he would try to connect more. He already knows how much I appreciate it because I have told him in the past.

Find something else to focus on...you are all one-track minded about him, and expect him to be so about you, while he's trying to establish his new home and deal with the holidays. Isn't this "misunderstanding" what broke you up in the first place?

Why aren't you too busy to worry about whether he's called or not, and why are you so unbusy that you feel the need to be in constant communication and are wanting to call him all the time? You're doing all the contacting because you won't give him enough time and space to call you himself.

Don't you have Christmas shopping to do and presents to wrap and cards to send and parties to attend? If you focus on your own life, you won't need to talk to him every single day, and you'll have more interesting converstations when you do talk.