When a guy only ignores you, what does this mean?

MissJoness

I've had this happen to me in a professional and a social/classroom setting. There is a guy who in particular will talk to every other girl but me. Once I had to ask him something and he acted as if he didn't hear me. Or if there is a discussion going on, he will rudely ignore my comment or what I have to say. Yet the minute someone else brings up the very same thing he is very responsive to it. There was one time that he went around asking everyone for a scantron and he skipped over me to go to the next girl. I really don't understand this. We never had an argument or anything, nor have I said anything rude to him.

I had this happen a few other times and just want to know what does it mean when a guy does this?

Maybe he likes you? Unless there is some history between you then I can't see why he would be a jerk to only you. There's some emotion behind that behavior... maybe just doesn't know how to act around someone he likes so he comes across as rude.

• Author

There's no history between us

I've had this happen other times wtih guys and never understood it. They do this because they are attracted to you?

's happened to me a million times. Some men are weird and take strange **** personally. I find it's usually guys who are really bitter towards women after multiple rejections and project their false stereotypes onto you.

There's no history between us

I've had this happen other times wtih guys and never understood it. They do this because they are attracted to you?

My mother also had the same problem as a young woman. I think you're the only other girl I've talked to who has also encountered this.

I think he just doesnt like you. It seems beyond shy.

It doesnt have to make sense either.

I had a college class with a girl who never read the assignments. She clearly never read. Yet she continously wasted class time (my time) asking questions (of the professor) pretending to be involved in the discourse. All of which would have been clear to her had she read.

It anoyed me to no end. We were always covering her bs instead of new topics. To say I disliked her was an understatement

One time shes sitting next to me, and pulling the same crap, Im annoyed.impatient so I started unconsciously tapping my foot/leg. She puts her hand on my leg to stop it (apparently annoying her) and gives me this evil look as if to tell a child stop it.

I never hit a girl, never would But I looked at her and said "you ever f'ing touch me again, you are going to pull back a broken arm."

I was like woah where did that come from. Some people you just hate

I had a college class with a girl who never read the assignments. She clearly never read. Yet she continously wasted class time (my time) asking questions (of the professor) pretending to be involved in the discourse. All of which would have been clear to her had she read.

It anoyed me to no end. We were always covering her bs instead of new topics. To say I disliked her was an understatement

One time shes sitting next to me, and pulling the same crap, Im annoyed.impatient so I started unconsciously tapping my foot/leg. She puts her hand on my leg to stop it (apparently annoying her) and gives me this evil look as if to tell a child stop it.

I never hit a girl, never would But I looked at her and said "you ever f'ing touch me again, you are going to pull back a broken arm."

I'm kind of inclined to agree with your theory, but I think there's also a gender thing going on. I notice this only happens to me with certain men. Women are almost never that rude with each other (unless they know the person a bit lol).

• Author

No, I've had this happen with guys for no apparent reason, meaning I never said anything out of line, never started any controversial or judgemental topics or made rude comments about anything. Just right off the bat, they just ignore me and will talk to every girl, even the most unattractive BUT me. I could understand if I opened my mouth and was making some rude, offensive comments or something, but I didn't. At work and at school I play it pretty safe and don't talk about religion, race, or sex. Unless I know the person very very well.

I'm kind of inclined to agree with your theory, but I think there's also a gender thing going on. I notice this only happens to me with certain men. Women are almost never that rude with each other.

BS

Women are horrific to each other. Ive hung out with enough beautiful women to see it often. That nasty way they are obviously talking about the girl, and giving her an evil look. Its not made up.

Men do it too. My friends laugh because I was always like, and this happpens all the time (like weekly) where guys drive by me and yell out of their "**** you azzhole" or "you big f'k" or some equivelant.

Where the f'k does that come from.

And Ive already told them, eventually they see it, and theyre like wtf

• Author
's happened to me a million times. Some men are weird and take strange **** personally. I find it's usually guys who are really bitter towards women after multiple rejections and project their false stereotypes onto you.

Right. I think it has something to do wtih stereotyping. But I swear to you I never said anything rude or offensive to these guys. At a job, this one guy would avoid me, purposely for no apparent reason at all. I didn't get it. I thought maybe he thinks I am ugly? But then I saw him sit and talk with these two girls who were obese, laughing and talking. So he doesn't discriminate against looks. Yet when I once tried to approach him, he immediately turned the other way. I'm like wtf? He only did this with me. I didn't get it.

BS

Women are horrific to each other. Ive hung out with enough beautiful women to see it often. That nasty way they are obviously talking about the girl, and giving her an evil look. Its not made up.

Men do it too. My friends laugh because I was always like, and this happpens all the time (like weekly) where guys drive by me and yell out of their "**** you azzhole" or "you big f'k" or some equivelant.

Where the f'k does that come from.

And Ive already told them, eventually they see it, and theyre like wtf

I agree, but girls usually talk crap behind each other's backs, not as much face to face.

No, I've had this happen with guys for no apparent reason, meaning I never said anything out of line, never started any controversial or judgemental topics or made rude comments about anything. Just right off the bat, they just ignore me and will talk to every girl, even the most unattractive BUT me. I could understand if I opened my mouth and was making some rude, offensive comments or something, but I didn't. At work and at school I play it pretty safe and don't talk about religion, race, or sex. Unless I know the person very very well.

Could just be you are very pretty.

Lots of attractive girls complain about it.

I dated a girl, I really dont know why people did this to her. She was beautiful, and she could come fof as fairly confident and unaproachable. But that was her style of dress, sometimes the sunglasses. Inside she was a really sweet warm person. But guys would come up to her out fo the blue just to tell her you know you arent that hot. She never turned them down, said anything mean. Just wanted to let her know she isnt thta pretty, shes just ok, and there are many more atractive women out there. Or to criticize some aspect of her physical features, like I like girls with such and such

People are headcases

Right. I think it has something to do wtih stereotyping. But I swear to you I never said anything rude or offensive to these guys. At a job, this one guy would avoid me, purposely for no apparent reason at all. I didn't get it. I thought maybe he thinks I am ugly? But then I saw him sit and talk with these two girls who were obese, laughing and talking. So he doesn't discriminate against looks. Yet when I once tried to approach him, he immediately turned the other way. I'm like wtf? He only did this with me. I didn't get it.

Are you at all standoffish in person? I"m pretty shy and sometimes people see that as aloof or cold. Some guys seem to take it personally because they think women should all be bubbly and friendly. I think girls are more indifferent to aloof behavior in another girl.

Could just be you are very pretty.

Lots of attractive girls complain about it.

I dated a girl, I really dont know why people did this to her. She was beautiful, and she could come fof as fairly confident and unaproachable. But that was her style of dress, sometimes the sunglasses. Inside she was a really sweet warm person. But guys would come up to her out fo the blue just to tell her you know you arent that hot. She never turned them down, said anything mean. Just wanted to let her know she isnt thta pretty, shes just ok, and there are many more atractive women out there. Or to criticize some aspect of her physical features, like I like girls with such and such

People are headcases

Lol. I've had guys do that to me as well. It's ridiculous, as if I'm wearing some sign that says "I think I'm hot ****" and they feel the need to put me in my place. Which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Humm... if this happened a lot.. and if you're not obese or anything.. then it's got to do with either body odour or bad breath...

I can't see what else could be wrong..

I agree, but girls usually talk crap behind each other's backs, not as much face to face.

They do it both

Honestly I had to be convinced myself. I thought at best they were exxagerating.

Then I saw, over and over

Women are cruel as f'k

Are you like really hot? Hottest chick in the class?

Yes I'm serious as this could be a clear answer if you happen to be the class hottie.

Yes I'm serious as this could be a clear answer if you happen to be the class hottie.

She looks pretty attractive in her profile picture.

Lol. I've had guys do that to me as well. It's ridiculous, as if I'm wearing some sign that says "I think I'm hot ****" and they feel the need to put me in my place. Which couldn't be farther from the truth.

People are unreal

• Author
Are you at all standoffish in person? I"m pretty shy and sometimes people see that as aloof or cold. Some guys seem to take it personally because they think women should all be bubbly and friendly. I think girls are more indifferent to aloof behavior in another girl.

I talk to women more than men.

I am quiet, but I am friendly. I'm not bubbly and loud,though. I think maybe that's it. But it seems that the moment some of these guys see me they are intent on ignoring me no matter how I present myself at first. Or they want me to be easy I dunno. It's just weird and I hate it when it happens.

I am quiet, but I am friendly. I'm not bubbly and loud,though. I think maybe that's it. But it seems that the moment some of these guys see me they are intent on ignoring me no matter how I present myself at first. Or they want me to be easy I dunno. It's just weird and I hate it when it happens.

Just show a little nip

That should work

• Author

I have my days. But I see girls who are prettier than me, though. I'm not sure if it happens to them, I am curious though if it does. I dress really average though, because I am not making a lot of money right now. So its not like I'm walking into class with hot pants on thinking i"m hot shyt. And at work, the uniform is usually matronly and baggy so its not like i'm showing off much there either

Well a common tactic is to ignore the person you're attracted to and talk to everyone else... but thats to an extent.. if he is not making any attempts to converse then it may be something else..

You may just have to corner him and ask flat out wtf his problem is.

Definitely NOT your looks.. you look amazing..

If it's not your body odour or bad breath.. I would think it could be racism.

and if it's not... then definitely you're too 'hot' for them.. simple as that... they think you're out of their league..

I was in this situation.. and then the dude starts talking to me several times through out the day, then the next it's like I'm nonexistent. It's annoying as hell.