Another reason men email regardless of what the woman says

b52s

I hear a lot of complaints, I think it was "Jellytot" that complained of guys emailing her, but disregarding what her criteria said in her profile.

I hear this from a lot of chronically single women (which is probably why they're chronically single). I mean I know it's good to have your standards, but this is where the irriational can possibly tie into it.

I'll post the ENTIRE profile write-up of what she says in this profile:

Hi, I'm looking for straight single/divorced males ages 40-45yrs. old. If you're not in this age group, please move on. Thanks for looking at my profile and hope to hear from the ones that falls in my age preference.

That's all she says, lol. She's 40 years old.....I said to myself, screw it, I'll email her anyways, considering I'm about 2 years outside of that.

Even said, "I'm sure you can be flexible with that strict 5 year age range of yours, right? lol"

I'm almost 38. I just found it odd, actually this my first time I had seen a woman with this kind of age criteria....and then that was the ONLY meat and potatoes of her profile.

Some people have these WEIRD strict criteria going on

• Author

In this case, as a man, I figured, "Hey, this woman can't REALLY mean this, right?"

And emails her anyway....probably even asking if she'd be flexible.

thegreatmoose
I hear a lot of complaints, I think it was "Jellytot" that complained of guys emailing her, but disregarding what her criteria said in her profile.

Nothing wrong with what she is doing. If a woman emails me that is totally wrong for me, I'll not respond to her emails either. A woman who constaly talks about getting drunk will get rejected no matter what else is in her profile for example.

I'll post the ENTIRE profile write-up of what she says in this profile:

Hi, I'm looking for straight single/divorced males ages 40-45yrs. old. If you're not in this age group, please move on. Thanks for looking at my profile and hope to hear from the ones that falls in my age preference.

That's all she says, lol. She's 40 years old.....I said to myself, screw it, I'll email her anyways, considering I'm about 2 years outside of that.

She makes a big deal out of age range, so don't expect a response. 5 years is an awfully small age range and that with nothing else in her writeup might keep her single a long time.

SoulSearch_CO

:confused: I would say you were right if she had actually responded back to you, you two went on a date and hit it off. Otherwise, I don't see your point. If I make a specific request in a dating profile, I mean it.

As for the age thing - I'm 2 months shy of 30. I wouldn't date anybody in his 20's. :) How's that for snotty?

• Author
:confused: I would say you were right if she had actually responded back to you, you two went on a date and hit it off. Otherwise, I don't see your point. If I make a specific request in a dating profile, I mean it.

As for the age thing - I'm 2 months shy of 30. I wouldn't date anybody in his 20's. :) How's that for snotty?

So would you date a 29 year old?

I found it unusual for an older woman too, older people in general usually have BROADER age range criterias.

Like a 25 year old woman won't date a 20 year old guy.

But, a 45 year old woman will have no problem dating a 40 year old guy.

Maybe it's the difference in decade changes that makes it that way? Like a 29 year old sounds a lot younger than a 30 year old. LOL Simply because the fact the "2" and the "3" is the "big" change / diff. there. lol

Also, I have met her in real life while out with friends, but didn't chat with her much....was just introduced. Then later saw her profile on line.

Edited by b52s
SoulSearch_CO
So would you date a 29 year old?

I covered that:

I wouldn't date anybody in his 20's.

Answer: Nope.

Maybe it's the difference in decade changes that makes it that way? Like a 29 year old sounds a lot younger than a 30 year old. LOL Simply because the fact the "2" and the "3" is the "big" change / diff. there. lol

I think that's quite possible. I can't wait to get out of my 20's - I hate it here. LOL And I have zero ability to relate to guys in their 20's, either.

Also, I have met her in real life while out with friends, but didn't chat with her much....was just introduced. Then later saw her profile on line.

Ah. Well that tidbit of info would have made a difference. Did she seem interested in you at all in person?

It sounds to me that she was looking for someone who was more passed the age of wanting kids..

10-1 that when she has encountered men younger than 40 that they have wanted to have kids or are still dealing with young children form the ex marriage.

• Author
I covered that:

Answer: Nope.

I think that's quite possible. I can't wait to get out of my 20's - I hate it here. LOL And I have zero ability to relate to guys in their 20's, either.

Ah. Well that tidbit of info would have made a difference. Did she seem interested in you at all in person?

Never talked to her long enough to chat her up....it was just a quick hi and good-bye....I was with other friends as well. It was just one of those missed opportunities. I was busy socializing with some other people...and I think her and her friend left early, so I never got a chance.

Well....with her online profile...I now have that chance. lol