Meeting the parents.

DSM2709

Needed some help as to what to bring when I meet my new g'friend's parents on Thanksgiving. It will be the first time I'm meeting them, so I will be a bit nervous, and want to make a good impression. I am def. bringing an apple pie and some cookies. Should I get flowers for the mother and her?, or what? Thanks.

• Author

OK JB, that's not where I was going with that, but thanks for shedding the light....LOL!!!! I was just trying to be a gentleman about it. I'm not sure if I should bring anything else besides the apple pie and cookies.

Thanksgiving is over-- what did you bring her? How did it go?!

{Personally, I think flowers are a bad choice-- it forces the hostess to have to run off to the kitchen to try to find a vase, etc}...

What are you on Nichole? Thanksgiving is on the 26th.

(sorry, I'm sick and very cranky..)

Oops! I'm Canadian, you see. I thought, for some reason, that yours was last Thursday, not this Thursday! :love:

Oops! I'm Canadian, you see. I thought, for some reason, that yours was last Thursday, not this Thursday! :love:

Nope it's this Thursday in the USA, and then the dreaded Black Friday afterward. :mad:

OP just bring the pie and cookies, flowers might be overdoing it in my opinion.

• Author

WOW, that was ackward, I thought for a minute I went to a time machine and thanksgiving was over...LOL!!!! OK, maybe the cookies and pie would be suffice, and or a bottle of wine.

Wine is good

I was teasing about the flowers. Theyre fine. They do scream I really want you to like me, but in this situation thats good, as it also communicates I really like your daughter which is why you want them to like you.

Bring a bottle of good wine, a reisling or something, and do your best to just relax and joke around.

Don’t bring flowers for the mom she will think you are a wussy.

GorillaTheater

Bring a six pack of quality beer and give it to the dad.

I'd know you were just sucking up to me, but you'd win major points nonetheless.

• Author

Well, I went out and bought a nice bottle of red wine, and an apple pie and a cherry pie. At least I brought something, and I know they will like that.