Ok to have freinds!

cutieh

If your in a relationship is it ok to have the opposite sex friends? I'm mean to continue to have those friends or do you have to let them go?

Yes I believe so.

of course, it depends on how insecure your partner is, as to how often you connect with said friends, if at all......

If they are not friends you had before the "relationship" began, then I believe you should tread carefully with new opposite sex friends that come into the picture. For example, my fiancee and I have agreed that should anyone of us develop any sort of friendship with someone of the opposite sex, then they should be introduced to the partner in a respectably short amount of time.

Of course - Personally I'm glad to have a number of very good and longstanding opposite-sex friends. One or two are even ex's whilst others are without history or romantic interest to me and I would credit them with helping to keep me sane these last few years, through ans after my last two very difficult relationships.

The lady who I may or may not be getting into something with now has simply to accept that I have these friends and that I will talk through my troubles and concerns with them, just as I also respect that she has her special people who she will confide in too. I would never ask her to give them up and she shows no sign of being concerned over my folk.

Edited by polarvoid

Tough question.

I caught my wife cheating on me with "just a friend" I've learned she was sleeping with at least two of her ex's while we were talking about moving in together & possibly during our engagement.

If any woman I date in the future actually hangs out with ex boyfriends or neglects to tell me one of her guy friends she hangs out with is an ex i'd probably stop seeing her.

I'd be doing us both a favor because I know I would not be ok with it.

Otherwise I have no problem as long as I've met the guy & he isn't the type just pretending to be friends to get into her pants while cock blocking me every chance he gets.

Because sometimes the woman doesn't see this & pointing it out to her just makes you look bad.

It's best to just walk away because dude friend will nuke you the first chance he gets & she will take his word over yours if it's an early relationship.

If your in a relationship is it ok to have the opposite sex friends? I'm mean to continue to have those friends or do you have to let them go?

It depends. I used to not have a problem, but my ex had a male best friend, and she even told me "it's rare for a guy like you to not have a problem with me being so close to my male best friend".

Turns out she was having sex with him.

I believe it's ok to have opposite sex friends when in a relationship. It might requrie a talk with your partner to let them know what is going on. Some things are just wierd though (i.e. moving in with an ex to be their roommate when dating someone, etc... I still didn't understand that one when she had other friends that offered to be her roommate). :p