I am so grateful .....

Lishy

that I am single!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Reading a few different problems on here has made me so happy to be single ... I dont have to worry about anyone but me and my son ... no dramas, no worrying about hurt feelings, no crying ... I cant remember the last time I cried over a man and its GREAT!

Maybe I would not want to be single forever, but right now I am happy just as I am!

We moan about being alone and then when we get a boyfriend we have so much sh*te to deal with!

We moan about being alone and then when we get a boyfriend we have so much sh*te to deal with!

In hindsight...if there is sh*te to deal with at the bf/gf level , its not a relationship worth keeping.

Its the relationships that make you unreservedly happy and confident ...without drama , questions, and insecurity that ARE worth it. You need that base for a future that can handle what comes along.

I used to think some issues, some insecurities , were natural and to be overlooked for the greater good.

NOPE.

In hindsight...if there is sh*te to deal with at the bf/gf level , its not a relationship worth keeping.

Agreed. Just let me add that in hindsight, the same applies to marriage. I should have left long before the fifteen years I stuck around. I would have saved myself a lot of anguish.

Nice pic, by the way 2sure. For some odd reason, I, too, expected you to be blond. Brunette is beautiful!!!

Reading a few different problems on here has made me so happy to be single ...

Uhmm.. Most people do not care enough to post about their good relationship times here, but if they did I wonder if you would still feel lucky to be single??

Uhmm.. not with the right one..

• Author

Yeah I guess that is the problem, I am used to the sh*te and not having what is described above ... a good healthy relationship!

I also suppose that anyone on here is here because things are not right at home so it is all a bit biased

I guess everyone I know also moans about their other half and that is what I do not miss at all!

Most people do not care enough to post about their good relationship times here,

Good relationships and good marriages in today's rapidly changing world are few and far between. Unfortunately, this is the truth. As a result, it is no wonder that many people are choosing to make an alternative life choice and remain single.

torranceshipman

I am with Lishy on this one - when I was single I really liked the whole single no drama thing - all my time being my own,etc...lots of dates with cute, entertaining men...now I've met someone I am completely crazy about, and luckily he feels the same, so I am single no more...but Lishy is right - I'd say the ideal is happy with the right guy, 2nd is happy alone, like Lishy, 3rd and last place is most definitely being in a crappy R...

I feel completely different. I would not be single for all the Pu**y in Paris. I have found my partner, and would hate to have to be looking again. If I were single, I would be screwing lots of women, drinking more than is good for me and generally going back to the way I was. No f**king way!!!

Pu**y in Paris.

This sounds like a perfume!!! Oh, wait, that was Evening in Paris!!:laugh:

Happy for you BJ!!! It sounds like you found that special someone. Not an easy thing to accomplish nowadays!!:)

Yeah I guess that is the problem, I am used to the sh*te and not having what is described above ... a good healthy relationship!

Honestly, I have encountered sh*te than most people I know, but I never reached a point where I thought single is better. I don't know.. I have always believed that there MUST be someone out there for me, and that's what kept me going I guess. If you have decided to remain single for now then that's fine, but there's someone for everyone of us, Lishy, don't give up.

Of course Marlena, you know that I would make an exception , in your case. Those Greek islands are starting to look mighty good right now.;):D

Reading a few different problems on here has made me so happy to be single ... I dont have to worry about anyone but me and my son ... no dramas, no worrying about hurt feelings, no crying ... I cant remember the last time I cried over a man and its GREAT!

Maybe I would not want to be single forever, but right now I am happy just as I am!

Perhaps the problem is the kind of men you are attracted to? I've never really heard too much about "drama" from men who were not players/studs the kind of guy that women really like. And guys who don't provide drama don't get dates at all.

Of course Marlena, you know that I would make an exception , in your case. Those Greek islands are starting to look mighty good right now.

I'd probably fall in love with you and then have to cry my eyes out on the OW section!:)

And guess what? It's when you're totally completely happy with who and where you are, that the right guy just comes along... :) It's only a matter of time, Lish. :love:

indeed, lishy, indeed

i'm too old now for all that relationship baloney...its not worth the hassle.