Regretting my decision... Should I say something to her, or get over it?

mileunderground

mileunderground

I will preface this by saying that I am a gay female - so I'm coming from the perspective of a girl not a guy. So, here's the situation I'm in. I had been hanging out with this girl for a few months and couldn't decide if I was interested or not. Part of me felt scared to be in a relationship and part of me wasn't sure if I was attracted to her or not. She is really pretty and I have always felt comfortable around her. I never felt extremely excited about her, yet was still drawn to something about her.

She eventually started expressing more interest and I felt a bit uncomfortable and/or scared and told her I just wanted to be friends. At that point I didn't feel super attracted to her and didn't want to lead her on. We have remained friends but now I notice myself wondering if I made the wrong decision. I miss hanging out with her and think about her a lot, and find myself feeling jealous of someone new she is possibly dating. I get excited about the possibility of her showing up somewhere that I may be with mutual friends, and feel slightly disappointed if she doesn't. I feel like I wish I would have given it a chance dating her, but that it is probably too late at this point or at least I'm afraid that she is no longer interested.

Is this a typical way to feel about someone you told you just wanted to be friends? Does it sound like a case of wanting what I can't have, or does it sound like I was interested but just scared? I feel like I'm at the point where I need to get over it and move on, or say something to her about it since I've been thinking about it a lot.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...

sometimes you dont realise how much you really do like someone until you start to miss them.

its possible that although the attraction wasnt that great, there is something deeper.

Just see how things go. Maybe when she is single again, if you still feel like it you could have a chance together.

Or, you may find as soon as she's about again, you dont want to. it might just be the mind playing tricks, absence and all that.