Haven't had a date in years

betamanlet

• Author
quite common

I'm not a big fan of schadenfreude, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one out there. I usually feel like such a freak, especially when I all the women I know have more dates than they know what to do with, and I go years without one.. ugh..

I'm not a big fan of schadenfreude, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one out there. I usually feel like such a freak, especially when I all the women I know have more dates than they know what to do with, and I go years without one.. ugh..

Stop sitting around walling in self pity and go get some dates.

• Author
Stop sitting around walling in self pity and go get some dates.

I"m rather socially "special". That's like telling a quadrapelgic to get out of the wheelchair and walk on his own.

I"m rather socially "special". That's like telling a quadrapelgic to get out of the wheelchair and walk on his own.

Then fix it.

• Author
Then fix it.

Yes,I'd like to see someone else than me be able to fix their personality...:(

It's like telling the ballonboy family to stop attentionwhoring, or for Christopher Reeve while alive to get up and walk.

Like my dad used to tell me, you can make excuses, or you can make it happen.

Unless you have a dissability that is beyond your control, you can work on yourself, and you always should.

• Author
Like my dad used to tell me, you can make excuses, or you can make it happen.

Unless you have a dissability that is beyond your control, you can work on yourself, and you always should.

Well, I'd think that having zero social skills is a personality disorder, and would you say this to someone with a personality disorder, knowing they cannot be treated in most cases?

Think about politicians, they are all pathological narcissists. It's like you telling them to "stop, think about others, and not what you want". They are incapable of doing that. Becuase they think the world revolves around them.

Well, I'd think that having zero social skills is a personality disorder, and would you say this to someone with a personality disorder, knowing they cannot be treated in most cases?

Think about politicians, they are all pathological narcissists. It's like you telling them to "stop, think about others, and not what you want". They are incapable of doing that. Becuase they think the world revolves around them.

Youre just making excuses.

Being socially challenged can be fixed, you just dont want to. You can try and do things to get help, change your ways, and one day be just fine. Or, you can compare what you go through to that of someone who cant use their arms or legs (which Im sure you know is pretty terrible), and sit on your hands.

And enough with the metaphor's, you CAN change things if you want to. But if you would rather refer to yourself as a 'reject' and go dateless forever, thats your choice as well.

Yes,I'd like to see someone else than me be able to fix their personality...:(

It happens all the time.

People who change their personalities through self-improvement are just as common as losers who chose to live their lives wallowing in self-pity. You being socially "special" is not your main problem; it's the fact that you are too lazy to do something about it. Instead of trying to change your life, you chose to come to forums like this one and write sad sh*t about being a "social quadriplegic" (what a ridiculous analogy).

You just need to get over yourself and realize that your social awkwardness is not some kind of a tragic affliction but rather a fairly minor issue compared to the life challenges that many other people have to face. In other words, stop being such a whiny little b*tch and get your sh*t together.

So you're saying that the only reason you haven't had a date in years is because you have a personality disorder? Were you diagnosed with one or are you self-diagnosing?

How bad do you want a date? How willing are you to date below your standards?

1 week + lowered standards + craigslist = guaranteed date.

littlewhiterose

You know, the funny thing is once you overcome this, you'll kick yourself asking "What took me so long!"... take small steps, you'll get there...;)