Paying on dates as the woman

Holding-On

This always seems to create awkwardness for me and I don't know how to express myself (I'm very much a geek) so I'd love some feedback. THANK YOU!

I'm dating online. Usually when I end up on an actual physical date there is this awkwardness about paying. Now I personally feel that if I ask a man out, then I am implying/intending to pay for the date. My first dates are never pricey so this is not the issue. I don't know why it creates such a wave. Men always say, in forums and such, that they want the woman to pay when she asks but it seems like they actually feel they are being put in the "friend zone" or something I don't understand.

So now I have asked this very nice man, whom I have been chatting with, out on a date to a coffee venue to play a board game we both enjoy together. I picked out the place and time (mid-week, early evening).

This weekend he is out at his grandmothers helping her with fix it stuff. He wrote me and said they are baking and should he bring some treats to our date?

So I need a breezy way to say

"Since I have the honor of providing the sustenance, your treats would be a welcome dessert". ... not that stiff though.

I realize this is a strange thing to obsess over but it really has created tension on dates before.

Personally I've never had a woman pay for the date even if she did the asking. Either we take turns or split the tab which is more likely.

If a girl pulls out a credit card, either I will cover my tab or cover her the next time around. If a girl is intent on paying in full and is interested she'll usually say you've got the next round, which is how it's been for me anyway.

'Grandma's always baking the best stuff. How about a little assortment to go with our coffee?'

Pay for the coffee date. Have a good time. I wouldn't be offended :)