He likes me? He likes me not? (lengthy!)

Cocopuffs

Hiya! This seems like a good place to ask something.

I am pretty new to the dating scene and still getting used to picking up signals. Basically I think I am still in the dark.

Anyways to get to the issue, I've been seeing? dating? hanging out with? (blech I don't know) this guy for some time now ( this is the longest I have been touch with the same guy); we don't meet up 24/7 or anything but when we can, which is totally cool. I am not in a rush about anything. I didn't even know where to post this, cuz I don't know if we are dating or just getting to know eachother as friends or whatever.

Well, little by little, we have been opening up to each other and recently he has been doing things like hold my waist, jokingly pinch me, play with my hair, or tuck in flyaway hair, take my hand/wrist when we cross a busy street ( ok maybe he's just trying to be careful and I am going gaga about nothing), touch my face; one time (argh this is sorta embarrassing) I had stuff on my lips and he took a napkin and wiped them for me. I felt all tingly though. Or when we are sitting by eachother he'll pat or rest his hand on my knee a lot. Or fix my clothing.

I am so lost about how mens' minds work, so are these just gestures of a very nice friendly guy to his pal, or are they signs of "I see this girl as a GIRL. I like her." ? Or am I so into this guy I am just analyzing every touch and action? I mean, I certainly don't MIND him doing these things...not at all!!

Yesterday, we met up for the day and for dinner and dessert, and as the night was drawing to a close, about midnight, he asked me if I wanted to join him to go meet his buddies (who were having some beers and hanging out somewhere else). However for the first time, he was really REALLY nervous asking me this. He felt bad making me go back on my own, but if I was with him and his friends then one of them could drive me home so it wouldn't be a problem, but then it would get way too late and he didn't want to keep me out so late...I just said whatever he wanted to do, if he wanted to chill with his buddies no prob, I was totally fine just going back on my own. And I really was. I mean I spent the whole day with him and that was great already..anyway he said to come if I didn't mind. He was so nervous on the way there cuz he thought I'd be uncomfortable meeting his friends. He was all like, "I don't know everyone there, so I won't be 100 percent comfortable, if I am uncomfortable I don't want you to be uncomfortable, are you sure you're ok with this?" I was like, "shush already!" Gosh, do they all get so nervous like that? The friends were kinda drunk and in merry moods and they told me they had heard a lot about me, and I felt I was being examined or something...they were very good natured and not unpleasant at all, but do guys do that too? And during the time I was with them all, he kept asking " you ok? You doing alright?" I guess since it's always been him and me...I thought it was very sweet of him the whole night, but again my question is: is he just being a friendly pal or is there something more? Did he want to hang out with his buddies and was just politely trying to say goodnight and I wasn't getting it so he just had to bring me along cuz he felt bad? Anyway it was a great night and it was so nice to spend such a long time with him. I am surprised he didn't keel over from following me around from shop to shop during the day ( but he honestly said it was fine and even offered to hold all my shopping bags for me). I felt kinda bad though...

This afternoon he called me up cuz he was "just curious to see what I was doing and if I got in ok. I had a good time." ( exact words). I've been getting more comfortable talking to him more often on the phone too. He said that he should at least given me a hug last night after he walked me up to my dorm but he was so aware of his pals in the car waiting and watching and he didn't want to give me this 2 second one...hmm just being nice? The call was very short, but I was glad to hear from him.

I know I know a lot of you might be able to tell right off the bat, but I am just so new to this I don't want to overdramatize everything by making up a fantasy or something. It would be nice if he were truly interested though wouldn't it? The thing is he's just such a friendly person in general I don't want to misinterpret anything. I am just trying to go with the flow here...it's hard though cuz I get excited when I hear from him.

I'll definitely hang out with him but I was just curious as to see what he might be feeling towards me. And NO I am not going to ask him. I certainly like him very much.

Thanks for reading this insanely long post~good night.

Wow the guy shopped with you all day? Sorry if I sound really stereotypical ( guys are great, really they are!) but that's pretty impressive. And he held your shopping bags too? What a nice guy.

Sorry, getting onto seriousness here. Well, to put it straight, I think this guy likes you. And no not as a "friendly dude" but he LIKES you.

As for the buddies, he was probably just nervous cuz he wanted them to make a good impression on you. This is a new step and it's different from when just he and you are together. And the fact that he knew they were out drinking probably made him more nervous because you know how some people can get when under the bottle.

He doesn't change his behavior or anything though right? If he treats his buddies really nicely, then the sun is shining for you.

He sounds pretty nice to me at the sound of it. I wouldn't worry.

Hope it all works well!

• Author

Thanks for the quick reply! Does anyone have similar/ different opinions? I will try not to think about this too much...

• 6 months later...

I've learned these things from studying attraction and body language as well as numerous personal experiences.A lot of the answers above are correct so be patient if i duplicate some of the answers.

If he likes you he will definitely stare into your eyes,his eyes will make a circular motion then go back to ur eyes. (He's admiring ur beautiful face)

2. He will stare at ur lips. Definitely. He wants to kiss you!

3. He'll touch you any chance he gets. For the most part if something is funny he might touch your knee or shoulder.

4. He calls you for no real reason. This means he was just thinking about you. Which is a pretty good give away.

5.He says stuff like "you're a trip" or "you're something else" or "you're crazy" when you didn't really do anything for that response.

6. You catch him looking at you in a crowded room on more than one occasion. ( This means he keeps track of where you are in the room)

7.His voice is softer when he talks to you, in comparison to when he talks to other women or even his friends.

8. When he looks at you the skin around his eyes soften as well.

9.He appears at an event that you're at even though he has something else to do. It's because he wants to see you.

10. He smiles a lot more when you're around him.

11. He makes things for you. Like if it's your birthday he'll draw you something or make you a craft. This take more thought and time then a hallmark card. So he was really dedicated.

That's all i'm going to give your for now. =o)

kinda drunk and in merry moods and they told me they had heard a lot about me, and I felt I was being examined or something.

It sounds very much to me that he set this up for his friends to meet you and that's why he was nervous and asking you if you were comfortable. He could well have asked them to help him figure out whether you like him because you haven't made a move, yourself.

Girl, this guy's into you. For gosh sakes, quit holding back. You need to start reciprocating his actions - giving him little touches and hugging him and being physically comfortable and familiar with him so he knows that you're not freezing him out.

He likes you in a romantic way, he's just a little reticent. Some guys are like this because they're told all their lives to be gentlemen and backfires when it's time to show romantic interest. But he does like you so have fun.

• 1 year later...
I've learned these things from studying attraction and body language as well as numerous personal experiences.A lot of the answers above are correct so be patient if i duplicate some of the answers.

If he likes you he will definitely stare into your eyes,his eyes will make a circular motion then go back to ur eyes. (He's admiring ur beautiful face)

2. He will stare at ur lips. Definitely. He wants to kiss you!

3. He'll touch you any chance he gets. For the most part if something is funny he might touch your knee or shoulder.

4. He calls you for no real reason. This means he was just thinking about you. Which is a pretty good give away.

5.He says stuff like "you're a trip" or "you're something else" or "you're crazy" when you didn't really do anything for that response.

6. You catch him looking at you in a crowded room on more than one occasion. ( This means he keeps track of where you are in the room)

7.His voice is softer when he talks to you, in comparison to when he talks to other women or even his friends.

8. When he looks at you the skin around his eyes soften as well.

9.He appears at an event that you're at even though he has something else to do. It's because he wants to see you.

10. He smiles a lot more when you're around him.

11. He makes things for you. Like if it's your birthday he'll draw you something or make you a craft. This take more thought and time then a hallmark card. So he was really dedicated.

That's all i'm going to give your for now. =o)

that's a cool list!! do u have one for the guys??

cocopuffs as a guy it looks to me like he is interested in you... so go ahead and have a ball :love:

• 3 weeks later...
Hiya! This seems like a good place to ask something.

I am pretty new to the dating scene and still getting used to picking up signals. Basically I think I am still in the dark.

Anyways to get to the issue, I've been seeing? dating? hanging out with? (blech I don't know) this guy for some time now ( this is the longest I have been touch with the same guy); we don't meet up 24/7 or anything but when we can, which is totally cool. I am not in a rush about anything. I didn't even know where to post this, cuz I don't know if we are dating or just getting to know eachother as friends or whatever.

Well, little by little, we have been opening up to each other and recently he has been doing things like hold my waist, jokingly pinch me, play with my hair, or tuck in flyaway hair, take my hand/wrist when we cross a busy street ( ok maybe he's just trying to be careful and I am going gaga about nothing), touch my face; one time (argh this is sorta embarrassing) I had stuff on my lips and he took a napkin and wiped them for me. I felt all tingly though. Or when we are sitting by eachother he'll pat or rest his hand on my knee a lot. Or fix my clothing.

I am so lost about how mens' minds work, so are these just gestures of a very nice friendly guy to his pal, or are they signs of "I see this girl as a GIRL. I like her." ? Or am I so into this guy I am just analyzing every touch and action? I mean, I certainly don't MIND him doing these things...not at all!!

Yesterday, we met up for the day and for dinner and dessert, and as the night was drawing to a close, about midnight, he asked me if I wanted to join him to go meet his buddies (who were having some beers and hanging out somewhere else). However for the first time, he was really REALLY nervous asking me this. He felt bad making me go back on my own, but if I was with him and his friends then one of them could drive me home so it wouldn't be a problem, but then it would get way too late and he didn't want to keep me out so late...I just said whatever he wanted to do, if he wanted to chill with his buddies no prob, I was totally fine just going back on my own. And I really was. I mean I spent the whole day with him and that was great already..anyway he said to come if I didn't mind. He was so nervous on the way there cuz he thought I'd be uncomfortable meeting his friends. He was all like, "I don't know everyone there, so I won't be 100 percent comfortable, if I am uncomfortable I don't want you to be uncomfortable, are you sure you're ok with this?" I was like, "shush already!" Gosh, do they all get so nervous like that? The friends were kinda drunk and in merry moods and they told me they had heard a lot about me, and I felt I was being examined or something...they were very good natured and not unpleasant at all, but do guys do that too? And during the time I was with them all, he kept asking " you ok? You doing alright?" I guess since it's always been him and me...I thought it was very sweet of him the whole night, but again my question is: is he just being a friendly pal or is there something more? Did he want to hang out with his buddies and was just politely trying to say goodnight and I wasn't getting it so he just had to bring me along cuz he felt bad? Anyway it was a great night and it was so nice to spend such a long time with him. I am surprised he didn't keel over from following me around from shop to shop during the day ( but he honestly said it was fine and even offered to hold all my shopping bags for me). I felt kinda bad though...

This afternoon he called me up cuz he was "just curious to see what I was doing and if I got in ok. I had a good time." ( exact words). I've been getting more comfortable talking to him more often on the phone too. He said that he should at least given me a hug last night after he walked me up to my dorm but he was so aware of his pals in the car waiting and watching and he didn't want to give me this 2 second one...hmm just being nice? The call was very short, but I was glad to hear fro