Boyfriend doesn't tell me how he feels about me?

layercakegal

Hi all,

I just wanted some opinions on something...

Me and my boyfriend have been together just over 2 years, im 21 and hes 20. I grew up within a very open family, I always showed my feelings and am very close with my mum and dad, and was encouraged to come to them with any problems I have. My boyfriend however hardly talks to his mum and dad, not in a problem way, but just would never think to ask them for advice about problems or tell them how hes feeling as it seems thats how hes been brought up.

What the problem is though is that i like to tell him lots how much i love him and how hes amazing and i like to talk things through, communicate loads, tell him EVERYTHING thats going on in my life, and just like look into his eyes and just generally be fairly soppy.......

He however never volunteers information, its like getting blood out of a stone, i mean if i directly ask him 'do you love me?' he'll say it, or 'do you want to be with me?' he'll answer the question, he just cant look into my eyes, saying hes too shy and he just doesnt do that sort of stuff, even though on valentines cards and stuff he'll put something nice like he wants me to be his forever :)

I just worry, its hard someone being like that, like im fairly sure i want to move in with him/marry him, but not for a good few years! But he says 'yeah i do want to move in with you, we'll do it eventually'

Am i freaking out over nothing? Is he just being a typical guy? I just wish sometimes he would grab me and give me a big cuddle and say 'i love you so much, you know that?' Im not asking for love songs or skywriting :(

People have different ways of communicating and showing love and affection. If you're unhappy you need to either:

1. Communicate this to your bf

2. Figure out how he does show you affection

I had a very non-verbal bf; it seemed it was impossible for him to actually just TELL me he loved me or anything else. But he did other things, like brushing snow off my car and digging it out every morning.

• Author

Lol Phineas i keep forgetting this, hes my first proper boyfriend/love :(

New Again, i have told him this but he just says he tries, he doesnt 'do' feelings, its a guy thing lol

When i was away at uni he came down every week, it cost him £50 on the train for 1/2 nights.....he used to leave mine at 8 in the morning, take a 3 hour train and start work at 12 noon....

I feel bad. :(