Is he interested?

This past Saturday I went out with a guy I met through an Internet dating service.

I wrote to him initially. He wrote back the next day and after another email back and forth we spoke on the telephone. The first time we talked on the phone we talked for 2 hours. We talked another two times before meeting last Saturday, and each of those times was also for two hours. The number of similarities and common interests we each have is unreal. Not to mention that at various times in each of our lives, we have even known some of the same people. I have never experienced something like this. Let alone what the odds must be of ‘blindly’ connecting with each other through an online dating service. I mentioned all of that to him the second time we talked. He agreed and had since made similar comments.

Our date on Saturday was wonderful. We met outside of the restaurant where he handed me two long stem red roses. We spent four hours in the restaurant talking and another three hours in a dance club talking. We never even danced. The evening ended with a hug and a kiss on my cheek. In my book, it was a perfect date. In all my years of dating, no date has been so great! Not just because of the similarities, but also because I liked him and want to know where this could lead. I sent him an email on Sunday thanking him and telling him again what a wonderful time I had. He wrote back on Tuesday saying that he also had a wonderful time. He ended his email by saying “I’ll talk to you soon.” Am I feeling/acting like a schoolgirl with a crush? I haven’t heard from him (by way of another email or phone) and am feeling very anxious about it. I’m old fashioned in that I want the guy to do the initial phone calling and suggesting getting together again until we’ve been out a couple of times. Am I wrong to feel this way? By not calling or suggesting we get together again, is he letting me know that he’s not interested? What should MY next step be? If I write to him, what should I write? Thank you for your thoughts!

HokeyReligions

In all the time spent talking did you discuss dating roles or romance? Did you give him enough information about yourself that he knows you expect him to be the one to pick up the phone?

If so, wait and if he doesn't call, then he's probably not interested.

If you don't think he 'got it' about you, then call him and just ask. Just tell him you thought you clicked a bit and ask if he wants to go out again. If he says No, you'll know.

ITry and calm down a little and find things to do to keep your mind off him. Try renting some movies or getting a new book. I think there is something in the mistery of women that guys like. Stay cool and if by this coming Monday he doesn't call give him a call on Tuesday. That way it won't be so long that he thinks you forgot...he'll think you are busy but won't know with what. He'll think you had fun hangin with your friends this weekend rather than wondering if he'll call or e-mail. Then you'll be on his mind like he's on yours.