Dating has me frustrated! i need some insight.

enchanted771

I am extremely frustrated by the dating scene. I met this guy online, and we had planned to meet a couple times, but things came up. So, i kind of backed off, figuring he was not interested. So, he texts me after 3 days saying i never text him bla bla bla. So, the other night we were texting, and we made a plan to meet. So, we did, and we totally hit it off. He held my hand, was totally affectionate, we got along great, etc. I went back home, he sent me a text to see if everything was okay. The next day, i text him and told him i had a really nice time, thank you, etc. He never responded. I thought about calling him in a couple days, but decided against it. Someone please give me a crash course in dating! what is the proper thing to do after a date? I get so upset when a guy is into me on the date, and then he doesn't call the next day. Is he "playing it cool"??? I mean, he was even talking about future dates and ideas of what we could do.

This happens to me too. I don't think there is a "proper" thing to do after a date. I do what comes natural. If I feel like calling/texting a man after a great date, I do that. Hopefully, he will feel the same way and respond the same. However, when I initiate communication that is not reciprocated, I conclude two things:

1) He's not as into me as I am into him. In which case we're not a good match.

2) He's playing it cool. In which case that's a game and I don't like mind games. Still not a good match.

The thing with dating is that hopefully you have a lot of options. Some of them will be good matches. Most of them will be bad matches. Try not to get caught up with ONE bad match. It's easy to over-analyze human behavior. But when it's new and he's already ignoring you, just move on. There is a chance that he's sick, hospitalized, or some other ligitimate reason for not responding to your text message. You won't know for sure until you actually communicate with him again. Don't wait for that to happen. Leave the ball in his court. And be ready to bounce it back, or throw it out of bounds if he returns it to you.