i think i screwed up by yelling at him

lovebound

This is my situation. This guy pursued me hard for over a year. Every time that he ran into me, he came over to talk and spend time with me, or would call me to invite me to places. I always was leery of him, i had gotten out of a bad relationship and i sort of ignored him a lot, and not always went for his invitations. He lost his job and could not find another one, so he decided that he needed to move away to another state and live with his parents cause he could not afford to do it anymore. his brother found him a job in that state working with a friend. well, right at the end when he told me that he was leaving, i could not help to feel sad and somehow i let down my guard cause i felt that i was going to miss him so we got together knowing he had to go away. for a month he called me or texted me and i even scheduled a trip to go see him. I had a ticket credit from another cancelled trip and asked him if i could come visit him. he said that yes and that i could stay in his parents house and that he could not wait to see me, so i scheduled the trip. a week before the trip, his mom came back from a vacation in PR. all of the sudden he started to act strange and started not responding on time to my calls or texts. three days before the trip, i texted him to ask him how we were going to handle things and arrange for him picking me up. he did not answered. when i saw him on facebook that nite, he told me thru facebook that it was better if i come see him in november! What? he said his mom starting acting strange and got bent out of shape and told him that he could not bring a girl in the house! he said sorry, and i hope you dont get mad. we talked and of course, i said i understand. i asked him to call me, he said he would call me later to finish the conversation. the next day came and no phone call! i tried to call him, just wanted to talk to at least get things clear so i called him at 9 pm. no answer. then i saw he posted stuff in fb at 10 PM. I lost it and texted him meanly that it was obvious that he did not care and that the least i expected was a phone call in person as a courtesy to say that he was sorry that he made me waste this time and money and that he was being rude so therefore i am not bothering him anymore, if he wants to talk to me, he knows where i am, he can find me. two days and no response to that. I am pissed! my question is: was i wrong to lose my cool like that, did that pretty much ended everything and do you think that he even cares? he also told me that he did not have any money to take me out right now or a car so he wanted to wait until he could wine and dine me. but wouldnt you agree that he should of at least pick up the phone and apologize for making me go thru this effort just to cancel three days before the trip, after i had the airplane ticket for a month?

Yea, I think he should have had the decency to pick up the phone and call you to explain the situation. I also think if he really wanted you to come he probably would have suggested you get a hotel room nearby or something? I mean there would be ways to make it work if it was really important.

I think he's a first-class jerk who liked the thrill of the chase more than he likes the prospect of actually being with you (or with anyone for that matter, I'd imagine). Since he doesn't seem to care about how this has inconvenienced you, it sounds like he's also really self-absorbed. I doubt you'd want to be with someone like that anyway.

Don't wait around for him, and don't blame yourself. YOU didn't screw anything up, he did by handling the situation in a careless manner. See if you can get a raincheck for your plane ticket to a different destination. Then go spend a few days on the beach in Florida!!

This guy pursued me hard for over a year.
I think he's a first-class jerk who liked the thrill of the chase more than he likes the prospect of actually being with you (or with anyone for that matter, I'd imagine).
I concur. It's classic 'chaser' mentality, the primary reason why a woman should never, ever make a man chase after her. She'll just attract chasers, and lovebound's situation is the result.