How rude!

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

Tonight I was out and ran into the guy I had written the last few threads or two about. This was the one whose place I went over to to watch some TV a few weeks ago. He hadn't called, so I gave him a jingle later in the week. It was clear by his answers (and everyone's interpretations) that he wasn't interested.

I saw him at a bar this evening, came over and said hello to him. He acted like he was distracted by something, and said he wasn't chatty because he was tired. I decided he was rude and left.

Ummm...you already knew he wasnt interested in you, so why would you go to talk to him in a bar? He HAS to be rude because you didnt take the 1st hint.

I think that one can at least be polite and not act all weird after going out with someone. Especially when the calls weren't returned, and the person just goes MIA.

I think that one can at least be polite and not act all weird after going out with someone. Especially when the calls weren't returned, and the person just goes MIA.

this is why i wait for the guy to call me.

and no, i wouldn't have approached in the bar... even if he approached me - i would be very cold and distant if he'd already made it perfectly clear from his INactions that he wasn't interested.

I saw him at a bar this evening, came over and said hello to him. He acted like he was distracted by something, and said he wasn't chatty because he was tired. I decided he was rude and left.
Lemme get this straight: They guy wasn't interested in you, yet you approached him and he brushed you off.

And that makes him rude? Sure, it's rejection - something that men have to put up with from women every single day - but unless he called you a treestump or worse or threw a drink on your shoes, it doesn't seem like he was being rude.

If the tables were turned - that is, if you rejected someone and they came up to you in a bar to make small talk - would not your reaction been pretty much the same?

I think you knew he was going to act that way, huh? lol I've done that myself, just make the person feel awkward because I was still kinda annoyed they werent interested or ignored me or something.

And if he was really nice, woulndt you be confused? I know it sucks, but sometimes someone being rude REALLY gets the point across!