confused

lab

I dont know if I am over reacting or not........but I have been dating this guy for about 2 months or so.....he is divorced for 3 years and he has a 7 year old daughter, that is fine, I dont have a problem with that........The problem I have is....... This is his weekend with his daughter...and his ex wife took the daughter out today to a show........and invited him to have dinner, with her , there daughter, and her parents......... To me I dont think that is normal.........I never heard of any body who is divorced doing that........ I mean I understand, that the ex wife will always be involved in his life, since they share a daughter,,,,,but I think thats it.......thats all they share together is there daughter.......

Am I overreacting?????

There's no way of telling if you are overreacting but I don't think you have a lot to worry about.

Women have a way of getting all hot and bothered if they find out their exes are seeing somebody so they do things like schedule dinners and events to conflict with the times they would be dating.

You have to understand this man's daughter is important to him and he will want to be as much a part of her life and give her as much exposure to family life as he can.

You ought to have a talk with him and get your fears calmed. I'm sure he's aware of what his ex is doing. That's probably why they're divorced.

Don't worry...be happy!!!

• Author

Tony

Thank you for the advice........it does make sense of how you explained it........I am talking to him now, and told him that you know I was just thrown off about the whole thing........and that its not an issue, cause i do know how he feels for me and that I know his daughter is #1, which I understand 100%