kissing in the first date..

alexlakeman

alexlakeman

Kiss on the lips, make out, kiss on the cheek... on a first date?

I have been dating for years, and thought I had the methods all squared away, my results are typically positive... I forecast sleeping with the woman by date 3 or 4, to keep return on investment low...

BUT, I was dating someone a couple months ago, and on date 3 she uhh, well, basically implied she had expected something else from me on date 1, definitely by date 3... :eek: ME, mua, slow? LOL.. We had just kissed on the cheek on our hellos and goodbye's..we're both adults, btw... so when I made out with her during our good bye (it was in my game plan already), wow one hell of a make out session and little more :D , but no sex.. lol

Date 4 or 5 we slept together and that was done...

Since then, I started researching this "kiss on first date" deal, and it seems pretty much accepted by women. As my prior date said, if a girl accepts a kiss on the lips on the first date, it is a sign she likes the guy ... that's what I've been reading...

So ladies, first date kissing on the lips if all goes well? Guys, your experience... Of course that lip kiss can lead to full tongue, but that's more a decision at the moment if she closes in for more or you just feel it..

Discuss..

Devil Inside

If you are feeling it...and you see signs that she is feeling it you go for at least a kiss on lips, while gauging if she wants more through her body language. I think if a woman is interesting she will want this by the end of the first date. If not...there is no physical chemistry...I don't see her wanting a kiss later (or anything else) if she didn't go for it on the first date.

I have been dating for years, and thought I had the methods all squared away, my results are typically positive... I forecast sleeping with the woman by date 3 or 4, to keep return on investment low...

Discuss..

Lol, you sound like my friend who has a CPI index......Cost per lay.

He was bragging to me the other day he had sex with 3 women last month at a cost of USD$10 each, because he picked them up at parties and bars.

Dude.. you have to kiss a girl on the lips on a first date..

At least that is my experience.. any girl that I have ever had a relationship with all started with a kiss on the first date..and some more, but on those that I never kissed on the first date or waited till later it just was never there for us..

SoulSearch_CO
I forecast sleeping with the woman by date 3 or 4, to keep return on investment low...

:confused: Wow. That's classy.

But I say yeah - kiss on the lips on the first date if you're feelin' it.

• 7 months later...
txsilkysmoothe

I fully expect a guy to kiss me on the first date. He should go with a light closed mouth kiss and I'll let him know if more intimate kissing is acceptable. ;)

You'reasian
I fully expect a guy to kiss me on the first date. He should go with a light closed mouth kiss and I'll let him know if more intimate kissing is acceptable. ;)

I go for a kiss on the first date. I agree - gotta work the lips.

zebracolors
If you are feeling it...and you see signs that she is feeling it you go for at least a kiss on lips, while gauging if she wants more through her body language. I think if a woman is interesting she will want this by the end of the first date. If not...there is no physical chemistry...I don't see her wanting a kiss later (or anything else) if she didn't go for it on the first date.

I agree with this. If I was very much into a guy at that point, I would let him know that a kiss will be welcomed.:o

• Author
alexlakeman

Wow... I am at warp speed at some things , but the kiss I was still a little slow then.... :rolleyes:. .... I understand what you say, if their is chemistry / conversation / click, etc... I can atleast recognize that, lol... I have a couple of potential first dates on the plate, so we'll see...

I do not kiss a guy who I like even on 2 date.

I can not even imagine how and why people can kiss total strangers in lips.

But, if you are a man in 20s, you are very horny, so I guess it is natural for you. As for other people, who are females of any age and men older than 32, I can not see any rational reason why they would want a kiss in lips on 1 date unless it is ONS.

• Author
alexlakeman

But, if you are a man in 20s, you are very horny, so I guess it is natural for you. As for other people, who are females of any age and men older than 32, I can not see any rational reason why they would want a kiss in lips on 1 date unless it is ONS.

So, over 20's is "old" based on your post.. anyway, the "old" lady that brought this up on our third date, mentioned that she had expected me to kiss her on date 1, or date 2, or date 3... and she was 42....so you must be in your 50's?? LOL

From my experience, different women have different levels of comfort when it comes to kissing on the first date. Let's face it, some women are more shy/introverted than others (ditto for men, of course). Also, it depends on how long the date was - i.e. an hour long coffee date vs. some kind of a day-long affair. If you only spend an hour or two sitting across the table from a woman, she probably won''t be comfortable enough with a kiss on the lips.

My approach is that I would not try to kiss a girl unless I see obvious signs that she wants to be kissed (they are usually not hard to spot). There is no need to introduce an unnecessary level of awkwardness and from my experience, a girl is not going to lose interest in your because you failed to kiss her on the first date (but if you don't do anything by the third date, you are in trouble).

Wow. Thanks for that. It's good to know you consider the majority of the modern dating world to irrational and insane. I'm sure we could all learn a lot from you're clearly booming love life. :rolleyes:

Oh, and usually most first dates are not with a total stranger. Maybe that's the reason you've got such dating issues.

This may be a mistake I've been making. I have not ever kissed on the first date. It never seemed noteworthy enough to evaluate to me. Perhaps it should have been.

Huh.

homersheineken
From my experience, different women have different levels of comfort when it comes to kissing on the first date. Let's face it, some women are more shy/introverted than others (ditto for men, of course). Also, it depends on how long the date was - i.e. an hour long coffee date vs. some kind of a day-long affair. If you only spend an hour or two sitting across the table from a woman, she probably won''t be comfortable enough with a kiss on the lips.

My approach is that I would not try to kiss a girl unless I see obvious signs that she wants to be kissed (they are usually not hard to spot). There is no need to introduce an unnecessary level of awkwardness and from my experience, a girl is not going to lose interest in your because you failed to kiss her on the first date (but if you don't do anything by the third date, you are in trouble).

I agree with most of this. I usually try to at least kiss on the 1st date, unless it's just an initial coffee meeting for an hour or 2.

• Author
alexlakeman

I'll report it on my next first date and report back.. contingent I see the signs, lol.. GUESS I never looked for the signs :o:lmao:

So, over 20's is "old" based on your post.. anyway, the "old" lady that brought this up on our third date, mentioned that she had expected me to kiss her on date 1, or date 2, or date 3... and she was 42....so you must be in your 50's?? LOL

Over 35-40 is old based on my post.

How old are you? In my rules book, if you are in 20s-early 30s, the woman, 42 should kiss you and have sex with you on the first date. If you are the same age as she is, she can kiss you on any date she prefers. It is just her personal preference.