Hung out with my ex, think I may develop feelings for him again

lucy9216

Last weekend I was unsure if I should meet up with my ex, we are trying to be friends after relationship ended 6 years ago. We were friends before we dated so I guess we are trying to be friends again. Our dating relationship together was 2 years of fighting and sex, not a very healthy relationship at all!

btw I am still not completely over my ex fiance that left me 4 months ago.

So, I decided to make it short visiting with my ex over the weekend and made other plans for later on that night, just in case. I was surprised 6 years can really change a person, he was alot of fun to be around we actually talked! and I think I felt a connection with him? we never talked or communicated at all when we were together I can't beleive how much fun I had with him.

I am worried about developing feelings for him though, because I am the one who left him and he was really upset about it. I would never want to hurt him again if I am unsure about how I feel, this is so confusing now.

We have plans again for saturday, could my feelings I may be developing be just a rebound because I am not completely over my ex-fiance? or should I just go out with him and see what happens? I am so confused... help?

I would think this guy is a rebound yes. You are not over your x-fiance why bring someone else in the mix? I know people do it all the time, but can't you be his friend only? Make it clear that you are getting over someone so you don't hurt him again is my suggestion.

• Author

He does know a little of what happened with my ex-fiance and he does know it has been really difficult for me. I know it would be a rebound, eventhough I am very much physically attracted to him and we got along great! I mean we never connected on that level before. I would probably end up hurting him though, I need to get over my ex!! why is it so difficult? I was with my fiance for 6 years we have a kid together and we just grew apart, something that could have been fixed but he doesent want to :(.

I just need to be this guys friend and once I can be over my ex, if I still have feelings for him maybe there could be something? how long does it really take to be completely over someone if ever?

He does know a little of what happened with my ex-fiance and he does know it has been really difficult for me. I know it would be a rebound, eventhough I am very much physically attracted to him and we got along great! I mean we never connected on that level before. I would probably end up hurting him though, I need to get over my ex!! why is it so difficult? I was with my fiance for 6 years we have a kid together and we just grew apart, something that could have been fixed but he doesent want to :(.

I just need to be this guys friend and once I can be over my ex, if I still have feelings for him maybe there could be something? how long does it really take to be completely over someone if ever?

Cant tell you how long it will take you to get over your ex, but you should not be friends with him in the meantime. Leave him alone for a few more months until you get your head straight. You could hurt him if youre friends and he wants to make moves and you dont let him, then he might bail, and the opportunity is gone when youre actually ready.